Now this is live, not that anyone has complained as far as I’m aware, but I’ll probably add an option to enable “quick-buying”, you’d buy as soon as you left click on the left side.
Posts made by Raox
RE: [ZS] A Second Font for Interfaces/Arsenal Interface
RE: Publish 424
There’s a significant update coming soon, but in the meantime, here’s what happened in a proper form and live on the server, since then, for reference.
- Added a new debuff: Frail. Prevents you from being healed over 25% health by any source including health kits, regeneration or HL2 health kits/chargers.
- Added a new Tier 1 crossbow to complete off the list of ammo types in the tier: The “Slinger” Bolt Pistol. A slow loading, not perfectly accurate bolt pistol that doesn’t have any special properties like piercing. Does the most single shot damage of a starter weapon but cannot headshot.
- Added a new Tier 3 melee weapon - Type XIIIa longsword. A longsword which is capable of cleaving through multiple zombies at once.
- Added a new Tier 3 melee weapon - Executioner Axe. Has the special ability to instantly kill zombies which are reduced to below 10% health.
- Added a new Tier 3 melee weapon - Rebar Mace. Has considerable knockback, damage and is capable, much like the lead pipe, of staggering zombie vision.
- Added a new Tier 1 melee weapon - Brass Knuckles. A boost to your fist damage and counts as a seperate fist weapon. It also does not slow you down when you attack.
- Added a new craftable - Nova Blaster. Made with a Z9000 and Magnum. Fires bouncing pulse projectiles, that impart slow.
- Added a new debuff type: Frost (reduces overall fire rate and reload speed by 30%).
- Added a new Shade variant: Frost Shade. A shade capable of throwing rocks that deal less direct damage but slow targets and impart nearby humans with the frost debuff. Also capable of producing a weaker shield which deals AoE damage on destruction, and also causing the frost debuff.
- Added a new Wisp variant: Cool Wisp. Has less health than a regular wisp, but produces the frost debuff in an AoE, when it attacks and explodes, instead of blinding.
- Added Shade trinket drop: Shade Ectoplasm. Reduces damage from projectiles by 10% and increases throwing strength by 70%.
- Added Frost Shade trinket drop: Ice Shard and the Frotchet craft. Does leg damage and arm damage to zombies that hit you. Can be used to craft a Frotchet, which is a powerful melee weapon with a secondary chargeup AoE attack.
- Added a new zombie variant and its minions: Giga Shadow Child and Shadow Child. In general, they’re resistant to melee, do less damage but inflict dim vision. They also have somewhat less health.
- Added the Doom Organ as a drop to the Doom Crab. Reduces the duration of Dim Vision effects on you and allows you to cleanse harmful statuses every 20 seconds with the trinket held in your hand, and a left click.
- Added new branching skill, Blast Proof: Reduces damage to self by 50%, reduces reload speed and switch speed by 10%.
- Reduced Hemophilia’s penalty from 33% extra bleed damage to 25%, but decreased the worth and points return from +15/+3% to +10/+2%.
- Reduced the +% points bonus on weakness and slow from +5% to +4%, since they don’t give as much worth as Clumsy or Late Buyer.
- Significantly buffed some trinkets that aren’t commonly used:
- Force Dampening Field Emitter now decreases damage from props by 33% instead of 25%, now makes you immune to knockdowns from props, makes shade physics damage become applied normally and works to reduce shade rock damage.
- Auto Recovery System now decreases knockdown time by 40% from 33%, and reduces the duration of pulls from classes such as the Devourer by about half. Also adjusted the description to reflect what it does more accurately.
- Pathfinder now gives a 30% bonus to barricade phasing speed and now also introduces a reduction in sigil teleportation time.
- Power Gauntlet’s 5th attack now does +75% damage.
- Changed the way Boxing Training Manual works somewhat. The number of blows to stun has been reduced to 4 but once a stun has happened, the combo cannot be built up nor can the zombie be stunned again for 3 seconds.
- Merged Barbed Armor 1 and 2 to a single Barbed Armor that reflects damage done to you based on the damage dealt plus a flat damage amount. Generally a large buff.
- Antitoxin Package now reduces the speed of poison damage on you over time by 45%.
- Increased Nightvision Goggles dim vision reduction from -24% to -50%.
- Normalised the point amounts of some boss zombies based on how hard they are to kill, based on health and if they have a head or not:
- Puke Pus: 30 -> 40,
- Bonemesh: 30 -> 35,
- Giga Gore Child: 30 -> 40,
- Doom Crab: 30 -> 35,
- Ass Kicker: 30 -> 40.
- Reduced the price of some starting trinkets in worth again, and readded Targeting Visor I.
- Increased the projectile velocity on the Charon from 1100 -> 1300.
- Charon damage: 77 -> 81.5.
- Increased the damage on the Inquisitor from 83 -> 86.
- Increased the projectile velocity from 1400 -> 1600.
- Bonemesh shoots further and does a bit more damage but meat balls explode on contact, dealing only direct damage. The Bonemesh now also shoots significantly faster.
- Doomcrab projectiles now have direct damage.
- Petrified Wraith now has a toggleable Stone Form instead of it being automatic.
- Now has the ability to toggle Stone Form by pressing SHIFT.
- In this form you cannot attack but you’re far more sturdier after 1.5 seconds.
- You also start to regenerate health.
- The compromise for Petrified Wraith is somewhat less health and more visibility.
- Has a vulnerability to crushing weapons in Stone Form.
- Significantly increased and changed a bunch of secondary remantling effects on weapons. Mainly focused on Tier 1 and 2 weapons.
- Reduced the damage on the ZE Quicksilver.
- Quicksilver clip: 8 -> 10, affects ZE (but also consider the damage nerf in ZE).
- Added some missing melee weapons to the arsenal crate (plank, pipe, hook).
- Mining Goggles is now Tier 2.
- Changed the Ancient Nightmare’s slow scale from 2 to 1.
- Human melee can be slowed from arm damage like zombies.
- Increased the health of Force Field emitters from 150 -> 200.
- Decreased the cost of them in worth and points.
- Increased the repair field repair rate from 8 to 10.
- Wisp health increased to 1200 and Wisp explosion radius increased.
- Egocentric now reduces damage to self from -75% to -25%.
- Added missing blaster pump after firing sound.
- Sigil teleport meters now show SHIFT to cancel when teleporting, and they also reflect decreases to sigil teleport time more accurately.
- Variants no longer show as being unlocked each wave since their respective base class determines if they’re unlocked or not.
- Removed the phasing indicator near your health from ZE and from the zombie team. Should improve FPS very slightly.
- Added a new damage type rule that allows for special cases that need to bypass damage resistances.
- Added 2 new options: Disable use to deposit ammo in deployables and disable use to pickup props (for only picking up items while not using Noodle Arms).
- Heavily updated the FGD, includes the new variants, classes and weapons.
- Removed model icons from trinkets in the worth menu.
- Allow mappers to add decimal point values to players (they carry over).
- Made it so Flesh Creeper nests operate much like zombies do when damaged in terms of awarding points, instead of awarding 5 points when destroyed. They’ll show point floaters like zombies do.
- Made point floaters appear faster after damaging zombies.
- Added “frost” as a new status to func_status.
- Changed Puke Pus hull and view offset to match poison zombies.
- Changed Lacerator crouching animation, hull and view offset to match fast zombies.
- Zombies with spawn protection have bullets pass straight through them. This is to prevent cases where other zombies could use spawn protection to provide a shield for bosses with ranged attacks. It also should help clarify that you cannot damage them, since blood splats won’t appear.
- Status bars no longer have fixed vertical positions and realign themselves as other statuses expire.
- Made the Purchase Now text indicators on Arsenal Crates a bit bigger, it’s a decent indicator of being able to purchase or not and was previously kinda small.
- Resupply Boxes now have timers, adjusted the positioning of certain elements on the “interface” of resupply boxes.
- Added lag compensation to the drone.
- Improved Shade controls to be more responsive.
- Fixed a Vile Bloated Zombie lua error when dying shortly after initiating a puke.
- Mostly fixed being able to nail props into zombies, trapping them. If you try doing this it will now force the prop into phasing mode.
- Stopped/fixed flesh creeper nests colliding with humans and basically getting them stuck.
- Fixed being able to “taunt” while dead.
- Fixed Giga Gore Child not lying down properly.
- Fixed Late Buyer interaction with Remantler and scrap.
- Fixed the Black/Ancient core from being visible behind walls without Scavenger’s Eyes.
- Fixed round display not showing on ZE.
- Fixed zapper/repair field health not showing for zombies.
- Added some additional checks to Flesh Creeper nest building to prevent you making nests where zombies cannot spawn.
- Fixed second winds during the super zombie phase of the escape doors opening causing torsos/legs to become super zombies.
- Fixed an issue where zappers would linger after death.
- Fixed being unable to pack up deployables through force fields.
- Prevented quality versions of ZE weapons from generation.
- Classes like Devourer and Shadow Lurker (which have 2 models) should now not display their 2nd model in zombie gas unchanged. Instead, only the first model renders with the green spawn protection effect.
- Fists no longer apply engine knockback.
- Fixed a bug where HL2 ladders would become unusable.
- Fixes to Fast Zombie for the next GMod update to ensure no change to gameplay will occur with the fast zombie player model getting fixed hitboxes.
RE: [ZS] A Second Font for Interfaces/Arsenal Interface
I’ll let run it for a while, I think it could happen either way.
RE: [ZS] A Second Font for Interfaces/Arsenal Interface
Bumping this with what I’ve figured I’m going to do with the second font.
Work in progress here, but basically this is merging the weapons database into the arsenal menu. The second font I’ve used is because in this case if the description becomes long it’s a bit unpleasant to read. You can already kinda see how it is on the side with the point costs and the stock values for the weapons. It’s even worse on a smaller resolution (this is 1080p).
So new things:
- You SELECT a weapon from the left side and it’ll tell you the stats, ammo type it uses, other stuff etc. on the right side. The bars are rough indicator of how good said weapon is at something.
- You can buy ammo from right side if it’s a gun, you don’t have to switch tabs.
- Descriptions should be way more obvious. This especially prevalent with trinkets, a number of players aren’t always sure what they do, the tooltips are kinda small.