Best posts made by JetBoom
RE: [ZS] Low Winrate Map Discussion (Remove the /mapstats %.)
No one cares about that, their purpose is to make the map go fast so they can go to their easy maps. A real debuff would be to ruin their points income as a human on the NEXT map.
RE: Some jerk named Paper immediately changed my loading screen message that I spent a lot of time getting the silver for it.
LOADING SCREEN 1 JERKS 1 50K SILVER WASTED 1
RE: Project Zomboid
The game is getting ready for release and has a lot of features and improvements that weren’t there before. One of the big ones is a faction/clan system as well as improved admin tools and server settings. Proximity VOIP is also in the game.
I’m thinking of putting up a permanent PvPvE server on release or soon. No rules, just let the game police itself. PvP in a game where it’s so easy to die is a little daunting so it would have very fast skill gains. The world is also fuckhuge so it would be a public server. Not sure on how many players a server can support but should be good ol fun for everyone.
server will be GOG or cracked.
RE: Lets play rtp
How 2 fix rtp:
- Make crafted stuff take half as long to put up but 4-5x faster to destroy. Also remove shit empty maps.
- Get rid of power supply system or greatly simplify it.
- Combine/delete like half of the abilities and classes. Don’t need more than like 10 per class. Every class should have a way to heal and maybe something for movement. Also would allow binding abilities to slot1-9 instead of radial wheel.
- Make all abilities have a cool down and mana cost.
- Make it so obelisks don’t give mana to get rid of the obelisk hump meta. Just make mana faster to restore or something.
- Do something about all the sources of cheap one hit kills.
- Possibly remove teleport to target.
RE: Admins cleared out
how does a team that worked together for more than a decade break up so easily i dont understand
im calling that they will reunite in the future
In terms of development, it was literally just me up until 3-4 years ago.
@JetBoom any chance at all you’ll release the NoXiousNet core code (the pointshop, chat and related stuff) at all? I always found that stuff really cool and I’d like to see how you did certain things.
RE: Publish 421
- All props being held by a human now ignore damage from other humans, and most traces/melee/bullets from all sources pass through them.
- Players spawning late will now be placed inside the uncorrupted sigil with the most health.
- Film mode now disables nox silver display panel.
- The crafting pack now contains only crafting items.
- Choosing a new zombie class will not make you suicide if you do it during wave intermission or when there are 4.5 seconds or less remaining before the wave intermission.
- Fixed Shade not being able to grab Manhacks.
- Fixed survived humans being able to attach to ladders.
- Fixed nails being bigger when looking at the prop they’re attached to or having zs_alwaysshownails set to 1.
- Fixed Gluon dealing 50% damage in the head.
- Fixed headshot gibs being crazy physics removed.
- Fixed some player models blocking their health aura sprites unless they were behind a wall.
- Fixed Butcher hitting barricades for full damage.
- Fixed Manhack / Drone cameras being blocked by non-opaque objects.
- Fixed engine thinking newly spawned players were on the ground when they weren’t, allowing some things such as headcrabs flying on certain maps.
- Fixed zombies getting spawn protection in certain cases when spawning on a nest.
Extreme Football Throwdown
- Fixed being able to run in to powerup triggers with score ball powerup on. Will now ignore all other triggers if this powerup is on.
- Fixed clown cars exploding at the spawn position if brought too far from said position.