Fix for skycading

• I’ve uploaded a new version tonight. This version has sky barricade detection. You can’t deploy turrets sideways more than a certain height above the ground and standing on nailed props that are more than a certain height will gradually break the nail. I’m sure there’s some clever ways to exploit this new system but this should handle the majority of cases.

• I’ve uploaded a new version tonight. This version has sky barricade detection. You can’t deploy turrets sideways more than a certain height above the ground and standing on nailed props that are more than a certain height will gradually break the nail. I’m sure there’s some clever ways to exploit this new system but this should handle the majority of cases.

• I assume you fixed the stand on an object that is nailed to another object that is nailed into the wall? i.e. recursively applies nail standing properties.

Is it a certain height above the maps low point?  If it is, recursive nail standing properties would be highly griefable to destroy a cade

• I would think that a prop’s height off the ground is determined by casting a ray down from the prop’s origin and getting the distance when it hits world geometry. If it is greater then whatever, do damage when fat people stand on the prop.

• It would be the distance between it and any world brush downwards.

• Perhaps there should also be a system where if too many people are on top of a prop then that prop begins to break gradually and it can also depend on the size/weight of the prop if it will hold X amount of people, I don’t think i’ve seen a wooden shelf hold 10 people comfortable under a bridge with one nail before but maybe this would solve proplems where humans have a skycade that exploits the skycade detection.

• I wouldn’t agree with that only because sometimes people make ledges to help shoot out of barricades. Anyway this is a good fix.

• Might this affect Striker’s Lamda objective map?

Also, Im torn.

• No it doesn’t, the nail doesn’t instantly die, it takes a little bit to actually break.

• @Someone:

I would think that a prop’s height off the ground is determined by casting a ray down from the prop’s origin and getting the distance when it hits world geometry. If it is greater then whatever, do damage when fat people stand on the prop.

Good, then as long as there is no way to chain nail props high enough to stand on the top prop to damage all the nails, this nail damage should be recursively applied to all nailed props in a chain.

• Nemo just died a little inside

• Nah, he and his followers seem to have gone back to playing ZS, it would explain why humans have been winning so often ever since this update happened.

Edit: Humans almost won on PLACID yesterday

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.