Inverting enemy friendly spells

• If an enemy wizard casts lesser heal on his teammate and I cast inversion, the lesser heal goes back and heals the wizard who cast it. No real point in doing this. What if inverting an enemy friendly spell “stole” it and made it home in on you. A minor feature that could add a bit of depth to the game.

• If an enemy wizard casts lesser heal on his teammate and I cast inversion, the lesser heal goes back and heals the wizard who cast it. No real point in doing this. What if inverting an enemy friendly spell “stole” it and made it home in on you. A minor feature that could add a bit of depth to the game.

• Not only could this allow a lot of easy griefing (“lol i heal my friend on the other team”) but everyone and their mothers has “cast invert” bound to every key of their keyboard, so healing or buffing teammates while they’re around a spellcaster would be nearly impossible.

• then poison the spell and send it back to original caster.

• @Zetanor:

but everyone and their mothers has “cast invert” bound to every key of their keyboard, so healing or buffing teammates while they’re around a spellcaster would be nearly impossible.

What difference does it make compared to now where spellcasters invert every spell you try to send to your teammates anyway?  There would be no change on that front.  The only change would be that the spellcaster is now the one getting the buffs instead.

At any rate, I don’t like this idea.  It gives inversion way too much power.  It would basically give wizards immortality when they’re being attacked by multiple people sending buffs to each other and ganging up.  One wizard shouldn’t be able to tank five people by inverting their buffs.  A better idea would be just to make any inverted enemy friendly spells be counterspelled like swap location does when it gets inverted.

• Theres a trick to making the buff your own.  Can’t remember it off the top of my head but I’ve done it as a warrior or something like that.

• deflect?

• How about this, let’s say a wizard casts protect from fire on a teammate and someone from another team jumps in front of the projectile and he gets protect from fire, would that work? I don’t think it would be able to work the other way around though, casting slow on your own teammates.

• No

• the lore would not allow ittt

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.