[zs] Disappearing weapon-purchases/loadouts and possible solution

• I’m sure a lot of you remember when Final Destination stole your loadouts, or the elevator on zs_mines that would take your weapon purchases. I’m pretty sure it’s been a well known bug that standing on top of any kind of brush entity (func_brush, func_physbox, func_movelinear, etc.) prevents you from getting weapons via loadout or crate.
    The problem still persists, though is largely ignored since it happens very rarely (unless of course it’s a major map flaw, spawning people on top of a brush entity. if you havent noticed, buying weapons on zs_obj_lambda’s tram doesn’t give you anything).
    My solution for Final Destination was to cover the platform in a huge 1unit thick playerclip, and it worked efficiently, but then I thought, “hey if placing players a unit above these brushes works, wouldn’t it be pretty easy to just teleport players one unit above the ground whenever they purchase weapons or select their loadout?” And so that is my suggestion.

Whenever a player purchases a weapon, or selects a loadout, they are teleported one unit above his/her current position to prevent things like that from happening.

I don’t know if it’s worth the time spent coding, but if it’s pretty simple then by all means.

• I’m sure a lot of you remember when Final Destination stole your loadouts, or the elevator on zs_mines that would take your weapon purchases. I’m pretty sure it’s been a well known bug that standing on top of any kind of brush entity (func_brush, func_physbox, func_movelinear, etc.) prevents you from getting weapons via loadout or crate.
    The problem still persists, though is largely ignored since it happens very rarely (unless of course it’s a major map flaw, spawning people on top of a brush entity. if you havent noticed, buying weapons on zs_obj_lambda’s tram doesn’t give you anything).
    My solution for Final Destination was to cover the platform in a huge 1unit thick playerclip, and it worked efficiently, but then I thought, “hey if placing players a unit above these brushes works, wouldn’t it be pretty easy to just teleport players one unit above the ground whenever they purchase weapons or select their loadout?” And so that is my suggestion.

Whenever a player purchases a weapon, or selects a loadout, they are teleported one unit above his/her current position to prevent things like that from happening.

I don’t know if it’s worth the time spent coding, but if it’s pretty simple then by all means.

• Sometimes it happens without being on a brush ent.

All I could theorize is it had something to do with being clipping “inside” many other players.

• It happens to me on many maps. I purchase loadout and sometimes I dont get a crate or something.

• what happens when you buy an item inside of a vent?

• vents aren’t made out of entity brushes as far as I know and work fine.

Mis-read, I don’t know of any vents exactly 36 units high. But possibly a way of checking?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.