Rtp teams again

• I understand that the current team selection system was put into place to stop team stacking etc but it has some flaws. If people leave during the game, that can cause imbalanced teams. Since you are locked to a team when you join, I can’t switch teams to help them out.

I suggest being able to formally choose your team when you join. When choosing a team, you can’t see/use the chatbox, can’t see the scoreboard or which team is winning, etc. It doesn’t seem to cause problems in eft so I don’t see why it cant be implemented here. You could colaborate with friends on steam chat/mumble, etc to decide which team to join. I honestly find it more fun to play and lose with friends (real life and internet) than it is to win with people who I don’t really like. You should also be able to switch teams midgame if there is more than a 2 player difference between the teams. Being able to choose teams will create some problems such as team stacking but that still happens with the current system. I feel that choosing teams would fix more problems than it would cause.

• I understand that the current team selection system was put into place to stop team stacking etc but it has some flaws. If people leave during the game, that can cause imbalanced teams. Since you are locked to a team when you join, I can’t switch teams to help them out.

I suggest being able to formally choose your team when you join. When choosing a team, you can’t see/use the chatbox, can’t see the scoreboard or which team is winning, etc. It doesn’t seem to cause problems in eft so I don’t see why it cant be implemented here. You could colaborate with friends on steam chat/mumble, etc to decide which team to join. I honestly find it more fun to play and lose with friends (real life and internet) than it is to win with people who I don’t really like. You should also be able to switch teams midgame if there is more than a 2 player difference between the teams. Being able to choose teams will create some problems such as team stacking but that still happens with the current system. I feel that choosing teams would fix more problems than it would cause.

• Wasn’t this already rejected?

There isn’t really that good of an argument to bring back the old system other than “I can’t play with people I don’t like”.

• Uh, where did the rejected forum go?

• Suggestion: bring back the Rejection Subforum.

Also I support this idea.

• Hopefully I don’t just speak for myself but when joining teams was dependent on when you picked your class, I usually tried to get on the opposite team of any other “good” player that was on at the time. I know there are occasions where people do like to stack the teams but I have a feeling that fad will blow over pretty quickly. You can only have so much fun killing shitty players again and again. Besides, even now teams often end up ridiculously one sided with no chance to rejoin and switch to balance it out.

I think this should be a good idea, at least until a better method of team selection is created or in the unlikely situation that team stacking gets out of hand.

@Deer:

There isn’t really that good of an argument to bring back the old system other than “I can’t play with people I don’t like”.

The only other thing I can add is the fact that we know the quality of players more than the stat tracking system could, if people were actually trying to make even matches, this would allow for really good games.

• I never get tired of dominating

• Jeenyus made a good point.

• I’m assuming this suggestion doesn’t allow you two pick a team if they are uneven and forces you to choose the lesser team.

• I think you should only be able to switch team if it decreases the difference between the total weightings of each teams and you are joining a team which has an equal or lesser score than that of your own.

• I don’t see why we just don’t have an automatic team balancer that switches people mid game.  If they are going to whine about join the losing team, just have win/lose stats ignored for x min (5min?) after being team swapped.

On a current issue, I’ve noticed that if there is a spare player that would make teams uneven, more often then not they will join Blue (higher priority).  If you were to look at overall RTP game stats, blue wins more often than red.  I propose alternating team color assignments so instead of this:
    Player1 joined Blue
    Player2 joined Red
    Player3 joined Blue
    Player4 joined Red
    (see how blue always gets the spare player?)

We Have this:
    Player1 joined Blue
    Player2 joined Red
    Player3 joined Red
    Player4 joined Blue
    Player5 joined Blue
    (see how balance shifts?)

• @PureJeenyus:

Hopefully I don’t just speak for myself but when joining teams was dependent on when you picked your class, I usually tried to get on the opposite team of any other “good” player that was on at the time. I know there are occasions where people do like to stack the teams but I have a feeling that fad will blow over pretty quickly. You can only have so much fun killing shitty players again and again. Besides, even now teams often end up ridiculously one sided with no chance to rejoin and switch to balance it out.

I think this should be a good idea, at least until a better method of team selection is created or in the unlikely situation that team stacking gets out of hand.

The only other thing I can add is the fact that we know the quality of players more than the stat tracking system could, if people were actually trying to make even matches, this would allow for really good games.

People DID know the quality of the players (when it comes to how “good” they are at the game) which resulted in really BAD games. Everyone would try to get on one team, and the players that couldn’t just left because it isn’t really fun getting killed over and over again by the all-powerful opposing team. This is why we saw a gradual decrease in the number of people playing because every time a new player would join, they would ragequit due to the uneven teams.

The notion that “killing shitty players over and over again isn’t fun” is simply untrue otherwise you wouldn’t be seeing this uproar of teamplay “pros” demanding back their power to slaughter everyone in their path, without giving the opposing team any opportunity whatsoever, at the cost of the server’s growth in new player population. I don’t see how giving both teams an equal chance is a bad thing.

• I quite enjoy force fielding hordes of new players, personally.

• Well since the forced team method was added, I have noticed a significant reduction in the average amount of players on at a given time.

• You sure that drop isn’t due to probable finals?

• I got rid of the two subforums because it reduces the time needed to look at this part of the forum. I can just ignore suggestions now and only move them if I decide to put them in.

2 posts above, that’s just silly. It’s most likely due to physics crashing but I’ve reduced that down to 2-3 times a day by replacing projectile mana with laser mana.

I could just make it so you can pick your team through a menu when you join. No ability to use the scoreboard or see the game (screen blur) or HUD (team scores) during this. You guys won’t be happy no matter what so that’s probably the best method.

• Banned

I like this method that forces you automaticly to a team, but there should be forced team balance or something.

• @Someone:

Well since the forced team method was added, I have noticed a significant reduction in the average amount of players on at a given time.

And you’re sure that didn’t have anything to do with the physics breaking bugs?

• When the new classes are done it will draw more people in.

• @JetBoom:

I could just make it so you can pick your team through a menu when you join. No ability to use the scoreboard or see the game (screen blur) or HUD (team scores) during this. You guys won’t be happy no matter what so that’s probably the best method.

Make it so you can’t see the battlefield either.  ‘pro’ players will join whichever side has that big magus bubble/props a plenty

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.