Dark Mage Suggestion

• Idea originally suggested by Dent in the Grill
    Well, Currently we have the easyMage and then the Wizard, these classes both provide the killing power against other players,
    then we have the Elementalist, That’s the base destroyer.
    finally we have the Templar. He provides the healing support and defensive powers.

So currently the Darkmage is a wild card, all his ability’s are dwarfed by the other four classes. So he isn’t really useful in any area. So Dent in the grill/I am suggesting that we remodel him into the Debuffer class, an offensive version of the templar. I also suggest that we add some new spells, and keep some old ones, such as Hex, Flame strike and Leech.

So my first spell that I have thought up of:

Taint Land:
    MP Cost: 30
    Fire a small projectile similar to Sun beam. The area around where the projectile hits is tainted with a 600 Unit radius. Any Opponents inside that area is tainted, receiving 20% more damage, and are slowed by 20%, also effects the caster. Lasts for 12 Seconds

• Idea originally suggested by Dent in the Grill
    Well, Currently we have the easyMage and then the Wizard, these classes both provide the killing power against other players,
    then we have the Elementalist, That’s the base destroyer.
    finally we have the Templar. He provides the healing support and defensive powers.

So currently the Darkmage is a wild card, all his ability’s are dwarfed by the other four classes. So he isn’t really useful in any area. So Dent in the grill/I am suggesting that we remodel him into the Debuffer class, an offensive version of the templar. I also suggest that we add some new spells, and keep some old ones, such as Hex, Flame strike and Leech.

So my first spell that I have thought up of:

Taint Land:
    MP Cost: 30
    Fire a small projectile similar to Sun beam. The area around where the projectile hits is tainted with a 600 Unit radius. Any Opponents inside that area is tainted, receiving 20% more damage, and are slowed by 20%, also effects the caster. Lasts for 12 Seconds

• Or you could just allow fire sprites to home in on vehicles and unnerf hex

Problem solved in less than 5 minutes.

• Anyone remember jolt? Jolt didn’t need removal, simply rebalancing. Jolt should cost 70 mana, be able to hurt the caster, and you should only be able to have one active at a time. With the addition of the magus, I don’t see it being over powered.

The dark mage is described as a cursing class yet it can’t easily poison people. Change poison from a generic yellow homing projectile into a projectile similar to magic arrow that poisons anyone in its tiny area of effect and give it to the dark mage as well as the conjurer.

Firesprites right now are pretty much useless. They are only effective at long range and could only be used to kill an afk target or something. Change it so that they behave similar to the hl2 rpg and always try to go where the caster is aiming. If an enemy casts inversion, they will gain control of the firesprites just as an additional effect.

• Leech, vampiric arrow, and death ray should do shadow damage instead of physical damage. Then give dark mages protection from shadows.

• I like how fire sprites were on the server for years, unaltered, until one day people started spamming them like crazy and the forums started getting flooded with “nerf firesprites” posts a few days afterwards.

• @Geranyl:

I like how fire sprites were on the server for years, unaltered, until one day people started spamming them like crazy and the forums started getting flooded with “nerf firesprites” posts a few days afterwards.

time scales with the increasing population

which makes perfect sense

• You all do know that, even though it is described as a Cursing class, it only has one Curse spell?
    Along with the fact that, Mage and Wizard have the better Casting ability’s.

• idea

remove mage’s slow and give it to darkmage

• @Hell-met:

time scales with the increasing population

which makes perfect sense

What?
    No, it’s because of a guy named “HASAN BABA”. If anyone still remembers that guy I’ll tell what happened. Otherwise there’s no point since no one will believe it.

• @Hell-met:

idea

remove mage’s slow and give it to darkmage

You really don’t see anything wrong with this?

• Nope.

Slow is a debuff/curse no matter how you look at it.

• @Someone:

Anyone remember jolt? Jolt didn’t need removal, simply rebalancing. Jolt should cost 70 mana, be able to hurt the caster, and you should only be able to have one active at a time. With the addition of the magus, I don’t see it being over powered.

The dark mage is described as a cursing class yet it can’t easily poison people. Change poison from a generic yellow homing projectile into a projectile similar to magic arrow that poisons anyone in its tiny area of effect and give it to the dark mage as well as the conjurer.

Firesprites right now are pretty much useless. They are only effective at long range and could only be used to kill an afk target or something. Change it so that they behave similar to the hl2 rpg and always try to go where the caster is aiming. If an enemy casts inversion, they will gain control of the firesprites just as an additional effect.

Jolt was able to hurt the caster.

Hell Met, you must really hate being the only warrior not able to kill wizards and mages(who’ve you gotten slowed to the point of a complete idiot could kill them)

• My suspicion is that most players will cry out in frustration as their most precious spell has been taken away from them and then most fights with dark mage will be Vamp>Slow>Flame strike>Flame strike>Flame strike.

• @Sakaron:

My suspicion is that most players will cry out in frustration as their most precious spell has been taken away from them and then most fights with dark mage will be Vamp>Slow>Flame strike>Flame strike>Flame strike.

as opposed to slow meteor slow ebolt slow protusion

if anything it will make the actual GOOD mages shine and prove they don’t need their target to stand still to get a hit.

• I’ve actually avoided near-direct meteor hits while slowed (i.e. landing right next to me). Just walk directly across a bump and tada.

• There’s no one to blame but the meteor caller in this case

• Nerfing slow could help Improve caster skill level.

Another two cursing spells.

Mana burn.
    Mp cost: 25
    Debuff projectile (Same as slow)
    Prevents target from regenerating mana and slowly drains it at a rate
    of 5 mana per sec for 6 Seconds.

Curse Wounds 
    Mp cost: 35
    Debuff projectile (Same as slow)
    Reduces target healing by 60% for 12 Seconds.  (EG Lesser heal will heal 8 instead of 20

EDIT: I did notice, I was Simply suggesting that possibility to the discussion

• I don’t think anybody said anything about “nerfing” slow

• I did notice, I was simply adding the possiblility to the discussion

On another note what does the community think of my spell suggestions?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.