Retro Teamplay Wands

• Mages and dark mages are the only two classes that have wands. Dispite them being able to use wands they don’t really seem to do anything. Dark mages usually have a problem with mana considering the mana cost for some of their spells and the limited amount of mana they have while mages are better off with their quicker mana regeneration, the recent speed limitation on them is fair but has rendered thier use some what. In order to help dark mages with their mana problem perhaps is would be good for them to actually be able to store a few spells inside of their wands. They could do this by casting a spell while holding the reload button to have the spell imbued on the wand. While the spell is imbued on the wand the wand could give off a faint glow indicating to others that the wand is infact charged with a spell. To use the spell charged in the wand the mage or dark mage could left click to cast the spell. Because the dark mage is in need of more attention than the mage the limit of spells charged on the wand could be 2 or 3 spells for the dark mage wand and 1 or 2 spells charge limit on the mage’s wand. Possibley have it to where only one type of spell (example: 2 fire bolts charged on a stave at a time instead of a fire bolt and a slow) can be charged on the wand at once so it is less confusing for the user.

• Mages and dark mages are the only two classes that have wands. Dispite them being able to use wands they don’t really seem to do anything. Dark mages usually have a problem with mana considering the mana cost for some of their spells and the limited amount of mana they have while mages are better off with their quicker mana regeneration, the recent speed limitation on them is fair but has rendered thier use some what. In order to help dark mages with their mana problem perhaps is would be good for them to actually be able to store a few spells inside of their wands. They could do this by casting a spell while holding the reload button to have the spell imbued on the wand. While the spell is imbued on the wand the wand could give off a faint glow indicating to others that the wand is infact charged with a spell. To use the spell charged in the wand the mage or dark mage could left click to cast the spell. Because the dark mage is in need of more attention than the mage the limit of spells charged on the wand could be 2 or 3 spells for the dark mage wand and 1 or 2 spells charge limit on the mage’s wand. Possibley have it to where only one type of spell (example: 2 fire bolts charged on a stave at a time instead of a fire bolt and a slow) can be charged on the wand at once so it is less confusing for the user.

• considering they’re purely cosmetic, why not.

Though maybe the wands should be pickups and regular mages would spawn with nothing

• I was tempted to suggest that mages should be able to hit things with the wand for very minor (5-10) damage. But this could work too.

• I think it would be better to make the wands similar to the staffs: a set spell that must be recharged with an obelisk

• then what would be the difference between the wand and staves? if the wands worked the way I stated above then it would give the wielder of the wand a varriety of choices instead of having to choose a stave with a set spell already on it.

• problem with your idea is both mage and darkmage have the wand

I don’t think the regular mage deserves a straight buff for no reason at all.

• Perhaps the wand could hold one spell (it’s the same wand right?). It wouldn’t be too over powered and would be simpler to manage. Maybe a status icon for the spell you have charged. A dark mage might want to hold a hex in his wand and a mage could carry a backup force field for example.

• @Hell-met:

I don’t think the regular mage deserves a straight buff for no reason at all.

Agreed

• How about we make hex as useful as slow (by reducing its mana cost) and call it a day?

• How about Dark Mage be reworked into a primary support (Debuff) class?

• because we already have a ton of defense only classes.

• I agree with Dent, but at least let them have some offensive capability. if not better Mana regen.

• I would suggest having them be able to have one spell you can set with the F3 menu, making it usable with m1, but to not make it overly OP, have a little bit of cooldown between castings, regardless of what spell it would be

• I think being able to choose the spell on the fly is better.

• TP2.

But yeah this would be useful.

• Well how about only allowing the dark mage to store spells on their wand? For an excuse you could say something like they are using dark energies to fuse magic with blah blah blah. Help the dark mage and leave the mage alone seems like a good idea. Btw one type of spell on the dark mage’s wand sounds better then only have one spell able to be charged on the wand. They could choose a spell they want on their wand and cast it while holding r to put it on and have alittle status on the left side of the screen just like when wizards and conjureres holds staves. I think it would be better if the dark mage could store more then one spell on their wand as long as it is the same spell.

• @Dent:

How about Dark Mage be reworked into a primary support (Debuff) class?

Should we make another thread on that to not confuse everyone?

But the problem with the same spell is why would I cast two Hex spells at the same person?

• @Sakaron:

Should we make another thread on that to not confuse everyone?

But the problem with the same spell is why would I cast two Hex spells at the same person?

Why would you blow all your charges in one fight? and what if your first hex misses or is counter spelled?

• Good point.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.