[WIP] zs_ware - minigames! GIVE ME YOUR IDEAS. >:(

• THIS PROJECT HAS CHANGED.

I now need your ideas for minigames that could be set within ZS. Obviously propkilling is one of them, but what else can you think of? Stay away from cading-based minigames. Leave the cading to the many house-clone maps we have. Think of modes that can occur with a timelimit of say, ten minutes.

It doesn’t matter that the humans will/won’t have weapons. It’s all dependent on the minigame. This is simply a short distraction from all the cading, and will have variety. There will hopefully be a central hub where people can vote on which minigame they want to play that go-round, counting up how many people are in a trigger. We’ll see if I can accomplish that.

But by all means, suggest things! Either here or through Steam.

Just for reference, here is the idea this spawned from:

WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT DODGEBALL.

On one team, we have a bunch of hapless humans. Unfortunately, they forgot to bring their weapons to this match. And on the other team, nothing but wraiths! I’d place my bets on the zombie team, but hey, if the humans last for ten minutes, everyone wins! Except the wraiths. They lose.

This idea was kicking around in my head when I was making my other map, and I figured it would be a good distraction to all the endless cading we do on ZS. So here we have wraith dodgeball - the zombie team is comprised entirely of wraiths, and the human team starts with zero worth. Sorry.

Each launch platform is equipped with a button to kill the last prop, and spawn a new one, so it doesn’t become a massive physics clusterfuck. Some even have special features! All are pakratted into the bsp. There are 18 launch platforms in all, with varying sizes of items. Some are tiny and zip right across the map, others are heavy, but can smack right into a human should they hit.

Humans do have a chance though, even if it’s a small one - if at the end of ten minutes, at least one of them is still alive, they win! But if they all die, well…

As you can see, it’s pretty basic. There’s not much to this! I figured it’d just be mindless fun. So we’ll see if it’s worth a shit. Here you go.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_wraith_dodgeball.bsp - v1 - 05/02/11

Remember, list your ideas, comments, whatever. This was just a map off the top of my head.

• THIS PROJECT HAS CHANGED.

I now need your ideas for minigames that could be set within ZS. Obviously propkilling is one of them, but what else can you think of? Stay away from cading-based minigames. Leave the cading to the many house-clone maps we have. Think of modes that can occur with a timelimit of say, ten minutes.

It doesn’t matter that the humans will/won’t have weapons. It’s all dependent on the minigame. This is simply a short distraction from all the cading, and will have variety. There will hopefully be a central hub where people can vote on which minigame they want to play that go-round, counting up how many people are in a trigger. We’ll see if I can accomplish that.

But by all means, suggest things! Either here or through Steam.

Just for reference, here is the idea this spawned from:

WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT DODGEBALL.

On one team, we have a bunch of hapless humans. Unfortunately, they forgot to bring their weapons to this match. And on the other team, nothing but wraiths! I’d place my bets on the zombie team, but hey, if the humans last for ten minutes, everyone wins! Except the wraiths. They lose.

This idea was kicking around in my head when I was making my other map, and I figured it would be a good distraction to all the endless cading we do on ZS. So here we have wraith dodgeball - the zombie team is comprised entirely of wraiths, and the human team starts with zero worth. Sorry.

Each launch platform is equipped with a button to kill the last prop, and spawn a new one, so it doesn’t become a massive physics clusterfuck. Some even have special features! All are pakratted into the bsp. There are 18 launch platforms in all, with varying sizes of items. Some are tiny and zip right across the map, others are heavy, but can smack right into a human should they hit.

Humans do have a chance though, even if it’s a small one - if at the end of ten minutes, at least one of them is still alive, they win! But if they all die, well…

As you can see, it’s pretty basic. There’s not much to this! I figured it’d just be mindless fun. So we’ll see if it’s worth a shit. Here you go.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/zs_wraith_dodgeball.bsp - v1 - 05/02/11

Remember, list your ideas, comments, whatever. This was just a map off the top of my head.

• I see alot of props that can’t actually propkill

• @Hell-met:

I see alot of props that can’t actually propkill

and? which ones are they?

• That Portal turret better have been pakratted, and the whole design is flawed as humans can just make a board shield to protect themselves from props, not to count the lighting is horrible and the map is plain flat

• @Samuel:

That Portal turret better have been pakratted, and the whole design is flawed as humans can just make a board shield to protect themselves from props

@big:

and the human team starts with zero worth. Sorry.

@big:

All are pakratted into the bsp.

all in the op.

• Paint cans are the best wraith ammo.

• only players who have played in zs for quite a while would know how to prop kill properly, and with this much room to avoid, you’d have to have precise aim on where you’d predict a human would run to.  Maybe have a written explanation on the map somewhere, telling how zombies can shoot and aim props, making it more clear for new players on what they’re doing.  I think zombies should maybe be given more time to take down the humans, I personally think that 10 minutes may be a little short. (It could be just me)  Also you should place all larger props in the front and smaller in the back since the large one cover less distance and speed.
    I can’t tell if the props in the images have props placed ontop or behind  other props

• @Gazriel:

only players who have played in zs for quite a while would know how to prop kill properly, and with this much room to avoid, you’d have to have precise aim on where you’d predict a human would run to.  Maybe have a written explanation on the map somewhere, telling how zombies can shoot and aim props, making it more clear for new players on what they’re doing.  I think zombies should maybe be given more time to take down the humans, I personally think that 10 minutes may be a little short. (It could be just me)  Also you should place all larger props in the front and smaller in the back since the large one cover less distance and speed.

thank you for reading the OP.

i can make a texture near the zspawn to explain it all, no problem. pulling the human’s side wall closer to the middle will make it easier too, i’ll do that. i just left it as it is simply because i don’t have zs 2.3+ to test with. ten minutes was set simply cos i figured avoiding 19 props sailing at your face if you’re the last human for x minutes left would be… challenging.

lastly, if i put prop spawners in front of the smaller ones, they’d be in the way. unless the top level was pushed forward a bit. (the launchers are on top of the floor launchers, same place)

but thank you for the ideas.

• I mean, if you’re going to make a gimmick map, at least don’t make it a big box with props on one side.

Edit: I mean really, how long did it take you to make this map? a few hours?

• It’s nice to see somebody straying away from the traditional “sit in a room and be bored for 30 minutes” format of ZS, but this map needs some serious polish before it can be played.

• @Modestyiswimpy:

I mean, if you’re going to make a gimmick map, at least don’t make it a big box with props on one side.

Edit: I mean really, how long did it take you to make this map? a few hours?

yep, a few hours. if it turns out to be fun, okay, if not, i’ll change it. if it just isn’t fun period, remove it.

don’t shit on an idea before you’ve even played it, people. what the fuck. we play on fucking ZS_GENERIC_NASTYHOUSE maps every goddamn day and you’re pissing on my idea simply because it looks simple?

• It doesn’t look simple. It looks bad, I doubt I’m the only one who thinks that. And yes, it still counts as constructive criticism.

@big:

Remember, list your ideas, comments, whatever.

• @Modestyiswimpy:

It doesn’t look simple. It looks bad, I doubt I’m the only one who thinks that. And yes, it still counts as constructive criticism.

k

• 10 minutes of prop throwing

• @big:

and? which ones are they?

radio, F letter, sawblade, concrete block, and probably the turret.

These are all too heavy.

• @Hell-met:

radio, F letter, sawblade, concrete block, and probably the turret.

These are all too heavy.

the turret was mass scaled by 0.5 - but the cinder block, really? weird. i’ll change them. but the sawblade, no! that was my favorite. :(

• I hope you’re using something like blockbullets and playerclip and not glass. Otherwise people can just spray to block views.

• @JetBoom:

I hope you’re using something like blockbullets and playerclip and not glass. Otherwise people can just spray to block views.

playerclipped the whole thing, so turrets and crate could only be put near the back wall - i’d like to set the loadout for each person, so they have nothing but pistols, but modesty said you hadn’t finished that yet, so all worth was set to zero for now to make it a pure dodging map.

honestly, i viewed this map as a breather from the cading upon cading we do. is it the best map? certainly not. but i thought it was a good idea.

• I’ll play it once or twice. But if it is just another slaughter fest like final destination or windmill. I’ll just quit when it comes up. Take a 5 minute break from gaming. Then come back.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.