RTP Tier List

• This tier list is just an opinion made of my observations and my own experience with the classes in RTP. I also wanted to make this list to show my feedback on class balance.

Tier 1: Crafter, Wizard, Warrior, Mage, Templar

Tier 2: Conjuror, Dark Mage, Dragoon, Archer

Tier 3: Elementalist, Assassin, Zombie

Tier Explanation

Tier 1 - Time and time again these classes prove that they are at the top of the mountain. Having at least one of these played properly on your team is game changing.

Tier 2 - These classes are capable in the right hands but just don’t bring enough to the table to place them at or above a Tier 1 class or depend too much on their team to remain effective. I’m not saying these are weak but their roles can generally be done or outdone by a Tier 1.

Tier 3 - If a person says they can play a good Tier 3, then by all means they can really contribute a lot to your team’s success. Classes in this tier usually depend heavily on their team to become very effective.

Update Log

Apr 29, 2011: Created the Tier List.

Crafter: It goes without saying that the best class in the game currently is Crafter. They build bases, they create vehicles, they support their team with health stations and spawn points and mana dispensers. A properly played Crafter becomes the backbone of the team and generally is the reason his team wins.

Wizard: They are very strong in both offensive and defensive play. In defense, a Wizard can debilitate the enemy while dealing good damage and healing his teammates. Wizards shine in team fights where they are capable of completely shutting down the enemy team’s supports - casters. Teleporting gives them a lot of presence on the map and they’re able to move about the map easily with invisibility.

Warrior: Just like Wizard, Warrior is an effective anti-caster. They’re able to easily close gaps and dominate in close range. With the proper supports, they turn into wrecking balls.

Mage: Take a wizard, give him less firepower, give him more health, and give him more mana regeneration to stay on the field. Mage isn’t as strong as a wizard in a battle but they’re much, much better at sieges now that Wizards have lost a lot of punch on their prop damaging abilities.

Templar: Insane support, Insane durability, respectable damage. This class carries teams especially hard in KOTH games.

Conjurer: Defensively, they’re right under Templar. I’ve never considered Conjurer a Tier 1, even before the nerfs (read: didn’t affect gameplay at all) just because Conjurers have always never had enough offense to put them there. They’ve always been mana hungry, and that really keeps them from being gamechanging.

Dark Mage: Take a lesser wizard and a lesser conjuror and put them together. It’s a very good dueling class but really it only contributes to a team via debuffs. Conj/Templar can do better.

Dragoon: Dragoon has a good burst and it’s able to handle sieges very well. A bit lacking on the “what do I do after my burst” department.

Archer: Super effective class, but it’s purely offensive and requires its player to be aggressive to really shine with it. They generally fill the role of support.

Elementalist: Way too vulnerable to spells that are useful against enemies that aren’t moving, which usually are the strongest spells in the game. Taking this class means you need full team support. If you’re in a map with a bunch of chokepoints or is only as big as a base in broadside, then this class is on a Tier 1 level.

Assassin: Now that the general populace knows how to handle Assassins, it’s really fallen off as a class. Now it’s more or less reserved for people that try to spawn camp.

Zombie: A meatshield. It doesn’t have much offensive capability to speak of, and people can always aim for someone else, so it’s really just a meatshield for turrets.

• This tier list is just an opinion made of my observations and my own experience with the classes in RTP. I also wanted to make this list to show my feedback on class balance.

Tier 1: Crafter, Wizard, Warrior, Mage, Templar

Tier 2: Conjuror, Dark Mage, Dragoon, Archer

Tier 3: Elementalist, Assassin, Zombie

Tier Explanation

Tier 1 - Time and time again these classes prove that they are at the top of the mountain. Having at least one of these played properly on your team is game changing.

Tier 2 - These classes are capable in the right hands but just don’t bring enough to the table to place them at or above a Tier 1 class or depend too much on their team to remain effective. I’m not saying these are weak but their roles can generally be done or outdone by a Tier 1.

Tier 3 - If a person says they can play a good Tier 3, then by all means they can really contribute a lot to your team’s success. Classes in this tier usually depend heavily on their team to become very effective.

Update Log

Apr 29, 2011: Created the Tier List.

Crafter: It goes without saying that the best class in the game currently is Crafter. They build bases, they create vehicles, they support their team with health stations and spawn points and mana dispensers. A properly played Crafter becomes the backbone of the team and generally is the reason his team wins.

Wizard: They are very strong in both offensive and defensive play. In defense, a Wizard can debilitate the enemy while dealing good damage and healing his teammates. Wizards shine in team fights where they are capable of completely shutting down the enemy team’s supports - casters. Teleporting gives them a lot of presence on the map and they’re able to move about the map easily with invisibility.

Warrior: Just like Wizard, Warrior is an effective anti-caster. They’re able to easily close gaps and dominate in close range. With the proper supports, they turn into wrecking balls.

Mage: Take a wizard, give him less firepower, give him more health, and give him more mana regeneration to stay on the field. Mage isn’t as strong as a wizard in a battle but they’re much, much better at sieges now that Wizards have lost a lot of punch on their prop damaging abilities.

Templar: Insane support, Insane durability, respectable damage. This class carries teams especially hard in KOTH games.

Conjurer: Defensively, they’re right under Templar. I’ve never considered Conjurer a Tier 1, even before the nerfs (read: didn’t affect gameplay at all) just because Conjurers have always never had enough offense to put them there. They’ve always been mana hungry, and that really keeps them from being gamechanging.

Dark Mage: Take a lesser wizard and a lesser conjuror and put them together. It’s a very good dueling class but really it only contributes to a team via debuffs. Conj/Templar can do better.

Dragoon: Dragoon has a good burst and it’s able to handle sieges very well. A bit lacking on the “what do I do after my burst” department.

Archer: Super effective class, but it’s purely offensive and requires its player to be aggressive to really shine with it. They generally fill the role of support.

Elementalist: Way too vulnerable to spells that are useful against enemies that aren’t moving, which usually are the strongest spells in the game. Taking this class means you need full team support. If you’re in a map with a bunch of chokepoints or is only as big as a base in broadside, then this class is on a Tier 1 level.

Assassin: Now that the general populace knows how to handle Assassins, it’s really fallen off as a class. Now it’s more or less reserved for people that try to spawn camp.

Zombie: A meatshield. It doesn’t have much offensive capability to speak of, and people can always aim for someone else, so it’s really just a meatshield for turrets.

• Banned

I thought mage has the same health as a wizard.

• I was pretty sure Wizard had lower health unless it was changed in an update. Either way it wouldn’t change my view on them.

• Zombies are surprisingly effective at dealing out large amounts of damage. If done right they can do 90 damage in a single stroke. They are mainly a support class but if they recieve haste and their targets are slowed they are**very** dangerous.
    Their secondary attack  should be able to poison people again btw.

• Dark mage is a very good dueling class?
    IMO Nope. He is a Group fighter, for fighting against and with groups. I think he is under powered though, with mediocre spells in terms of damage and just plain non flexibility.

I think that the Dark mage needs a few more spells, and a few more debuffs.

• The issue with Zombie is that all of the favorable conditions for that class have to be created by your team or the map. They need chokepoints or slows to be able to be a threat to anybody. Without this, they lack any real presence in the game and turns a 12 v 12 game into a 12 v 11. So it deserves the Tier 3 placement.

If Blue.Frog ever finishes that Templar spell he’s working on, I can see some synergy with those 2 classes when it comes to pushing into the enemy base.

As far as Dark Mage goes, I consider it to be a good duelist because of Hex. All of its spells boosted by Hex go from moderate to amazing damage on top of Vampirism giving it a lot of survivability. It has good AOEs but a Conjurer or Mage could contribute just as much to a team with their own AOEs. I would like to see Dark Mage get more debuffs to give it a more unique role in team support.

• Zombies can kill anything with 90 hp or below in a single stroke. I also said they were a support class for a reason. On their own they are just silly but with teamwork they can change the tides battle. They only need one average wizard to be extremely supportive for their team.

• Zombie melee only does 48 and behaves like warrior melee (can hit multiple targets etc).
    I personally would like to see some more cursing spells for the dark mage. Why doesn’t it have poison again?

• Archer is a mostly offensive class but using it defensively isn’t out of the question if you’re half decent with it.  Survivability is good with it if you’re a good shot with Silver Arrow and Vampiric Arrow.  That’s just me, though.  I use it for everything.

• Assassin is tier 2 at the least - invisible, fast class, powerful backstab attack and it can walk through enemy doors. It’s a good class for taking the flag and great when players are distracted by a wizard spamming offensive spells for landing a surprise backstab.

Archer is between tier 2 and 3 because it needs that extra support to help it break through props which take time to destroy despite it having grapple hook some bases just have no way in except breaking down some props so I find myself changing class to something a bit faster.

This list is horrible I could go on but I won’t.

• Elementalist should be tier 1. If you whirlwind into the middle of a group fight and use eruption or melt down, your team is going to win that battle. Don’t forget that gust can counter almost any projectile, even a dreadnaut volcanic blast or meteor.

• I am tier 1

• @Someone:

Zombie melee only does 48 and behaves like warrior melee (can hit multiple targets etc).
    I personally would like to see some more cursing spells for the dark mage. Why doesn’t it have poison again?

Right click + Left click = 90 damage.

• Except zombie poison projectiles won’t touch anyone unless your target is standing still or hugging you.

I’d also like another kind of survey -

If all classes (except crafter/zombie) had to choose only one of their spell/ability that specifies their primary role, which one would represent them best?

• Thats why I said they were a support class. If the target is slowed because of a wizard then it should not be a problem for them to hit them with the poison. Not to mention the poison actually has a longer range than the melee so its not actually that hard to hit someone with it if you know what you are doing.

• @Hell-met:

Except zombie poison projectiles won’t touch anyone unless your target is standing still or hugging you.

I’d also like another kind of survey -

If all classes (except crafter/zombie) had to choose only one of their spell/ability that specifies their primary role, which one would represent them best?

uhmm

e-bolt - Wizard
    Frost - Mage
    Pixies - Conjurer
    Nightblade? - assassin
    lightning bolt - archer

volcano blast - elementalist
    but this one isn’t as clearly defined, alot of elementalist spells are used.

• Reminds me of Elementz’ tier list.
    Honestly, The only thing I would change would be Conjurer T2 -> T1.

• The tier category explanations are almost exactly like Elementz’s.
    I was about to quote parts of it to show the similarities, but his site is down. Weird.

Edit: found another location with it

Draft mode Tier list:

Tier 1 - These champions have proved time and time again that they deserve to be here.

Solo Tier list:

Tier 4 - Now tier 4 is a tricky tier I find. These champs are all 100% viable for Solo Queue. If someone says they play a great X champion in tier 4 than you can let them solo or play that champion.

Anyways I agree with what you said about dragoon, I think if Magic Missiles were replaced with Fireball or something like that, dragoons would be way stronger in sustained fights.

• Except his tier list is pointless when the measure of how good champs are is entirely based on team comp.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.