Bio and trewq spawn trap

• Bio (the admin…) STEAM_0:1:12210237
    trewq (the security) STEAM_0:1:25331969

For some reason, whenever I record a demo in rtp, I get spammed with lua errors. Anyway, I joined to a mass of pulse turrets, a magus, an anchor beacon, and mountable mortar at spawn. If I recall, this is bannable. You can’t blame red for this because in a 2v1 game where the 1 is a new player and the 2 are experienced players, he couldn’t do anything about stopping the spawn trap.

• Bio (the admin…) STEAM_0:1:12210237
    trewq (the security) STEAM_0:1:25331969

For some reason, whenever I record a demo in rtp, I get spammed with lua errors. Anyway, I joined to a mass of pulse turrets, a magus, an anchor beacon, and mountable mortar at spawn. If I recall, this is bannable. You can’t blame red for this because in a 2v1 game where the 1 is a new player and the 2 are experienced players, he couldn’t do anything about stopping the spawn trap.

• The rest of them quit, I built it when Leg[e]nd was there. Base wasn’t guarded from the rear and you could easily leave spawn.

• From what i recall you could escape easily from the spawn, the base was around the flag and from the looks of it, it could have been easily scatterfrosted.

• apparently it isn’t bannable dispite the many times I ask about it

• @JetBoom:

It’s griefing, get banned.

• I’ll repeat myself since alot of you seem to enjoy reading what I tell you over and over again. Encouraging people to get so frustrated that they leave the game is bad.

http://www.noxiousnet.com/logs/65_60_53_26_27016/2011_04_26/log019.txt shows that Bio and “trewq” were obviously enjoying this.

They have both been one-lifed for 5 days. I’m not exactly sure if something more needs to be done to Bio, but he isn’t allowed to remove this punishment himself.

• The base could easily be avoided and destroyed, but ok.

• The log tells me you wanted to fully enclose the base, if I were you I’d update my common sense.

• It was a base at middle, not directly in their spawn. Yes ofcourse I’d enjoy it, because players complaining obviously can’t look around, to see how you could get behind it. Note the map, you could easily get to the bottom, run up the ramp on the otherside / teleport up / teleport across the map. We didn’t even have anchor.

• You did have an anchor.

• I don’t remember it, but still, the other part was clear. It was not in their spawn, it was in the middle.

• Part of your base was in the middle, only because the map is so small. You had 4 auto-turrets, a mountable-turret and an anchor beacon right in their spawn area. All protected by a magus shield out of immediate reach. Was it possible to leave the base? Yes, but, after the initial turret damage and the fall required to get away, the players in the demo died almost immediately. Judging by you 80-something kills and 2 deaths, this holds true. I could only see a highly skilled mage being able to counter this at all.

As Benjy mentioned, you encouraged people to leave the game by using an unfair advantage in their spawn area.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.