Publish 327

• NoXiousNet Core / DB

• Added 24 new hats and accessories.

• Fixed seeing errors for hat models you don’t have (for real this time).

• Fixed sound icons in the chat box still playing sounds if they are removed with your cursor still over them.

• Fixed emotes that show up in the chat box not being displayed as text at all if you have emote sounds disabled.

Retro Team Play

• Fire Sprites now home in on the position your crosshair was when they were first shot instead of homing in on players.

• Changed the way teams are assigned. You are now assigned your team immediately when you join and you can’t reconnect to try and join another team. Teams are assigned based on worth as long as no team has 0 or 2 less than any other team. Player worth formula is (K/D) + 2(W/L).

• Casting Pixie Swarm while you have 4 active already will no longer stop you from casting the spell. All pixies owned by you will be removed and the 4 new ones will appear.

• Changed the way Lesser Heal works. It is now a status effect that heals 20 health over the length of 1 second (instead of 20 instantly). The status can’t be stacked. Casting it again will simply reset the timer.

• Fixed teleports sometimes getting players stuck in each other.

• Fixed being able to use Teleport to Target through playerclip brushes.

• Fixed being able to gain points in King of the Hill if no one else is playing.

Zombie Survival

• If you are currently a certain class and a logic_classunlock entity locks that class, you will then respawn as the first class in the list that isn’t locked.

• Fixed zombies being able to run extremely fast if the map has waves disabled.

• NoXiousNet Core / DB

• Added 24 new hats and accessories.

• Fixed seeing errors for hat models you don’t have (for real this time).

• Fixed sound icons in the chat box still playing sounds if they are removed with your cursor still over them.

• Fixed emotes that show up in the chat box not being displayed as text at all if you have emote sounds disabled.

Retro Team Play

• Fire Sprites now home in on the position your crosshair was when they were first shot instead of homing in on players.

• Changed the way teams are assigned. You are now assigned your team immediately when you join and you can’t reconnect to try and join another team. Teams are assigned based on worth as long as no team has 0 or 2 less than any other team. Player worth formula is (K/D) + 2(W/L).

• Casting Pixie Swarm while you have 4 active already will no longer stop you from casting the spell. All pixies owned by you will be removed and the 4 new ones will appear.

• Changed the way Lesser Heal works. It is now a status effect that heals 20 health over the length of 1 second (instead of 20 instantly). The status can’t be stacked. Casting it again will simply reset the timer.

• Fixed teleports sometimes getting players stuck in each other.

• Fixed being able to use Teleport to Target through playerclip brushes.

• Fixed being able to gain points in King of the Hill if no one else is playing.

Zombie Survival

• If you are currently a certain class and a logic_classunlock entity locks that class, you will then respawn as the first class in the list that isn’t locked.

• Fixed zombies being able to run extremely fast if the map has waves disabled.

• Lesser Heal nerf.  :boobs:

• Great publish; thanks for still working on rtp.

• Now if only templars had protecto’s bond. :naughty:

• Cool

• @JetBoom:

Retro Team Play

THANK YOU

• @Someone:

Quit complaining you idiot.

• You’re pretty clueless. That was 2v2. Then other people joined and we lost. 4 relatively inexperienced players can easily win against 2 semmi experienced players.

• So wait, does this mean if I joined the RTP sever and 3 newer players joined it would be 3v1? Perhaps a minimum player buffer before this system kicks in? Or a max of one extra player on any given team until more than 6 people are playing?

• I have to agree that (although instant team assigning is fantastic) if the new system for assigning players is to work properly, it might need some safeguards to keep things under control.

No matter how bad a player is they can still go warrior and make your life a lot harder while you’re dealing with two others.

• @Someone:

You’re pretty clueless. That was 2v2. Then other people joined and we lost. 4 relatively inexperienced players can easily win against 2 semmi experienced players.

And then another player joins and then suddenly  3v4 with skill balance doesn’t seem so unfair. You took the screenshot during the worse possible situation since 8 players or more cant stack with a 2.1 ratio.

• Poor Kolmio

• Banned

I would still win  :action-smiley-003:

• This is a good start to moving RTP in a more skill oriented direction rather than just spamming spells.

• @Kolmio:

I would still win  :action-smiley-003:

obviously, you’re kind of the rtp queen

• The new team assignment system is a pile of shit, the players that are “worth” more are outnumbered and not even the best of the best can win 3 v 8. I just left a match that was 9 v 5, it’s more unbalanced than it was before, I also saw about 3 players get upset about the new system, mutter insults about it and disconnect immediately, REMOVE THE SYSTEM NOW AND DO NOT TRY TAMPERING WITH TEAM ASSIGNING AGAIN.

• 3 v 8 and 9 v 5 should be impossible with the system unless someone disconnected.

• I just had a nice 15 minute CTF stalemate match since the teams were balanced.  We should give the system at least 3 days before making any strong judgements. 6 vs 2 games do need to be addressed though.

• We had a 6v2 with no disconnects earlier. I think Someone or Rexen got a screenshot.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.