Physics

• This is annoying. Before the elementalist was added, physics never broke. I remember reading somewhere that the projectile system was updated to that of the rpg. Something in that clearly doesn’t work. I’d say revert the system back to how it was for the time being because broadside is getting very boring. If anything, make the default map random or something.

• This is annoying. Before the elementalist was added, physics never broke. I remember reading somewhere that the projectile system was updated to that of the rpg. Something in that clearly doesn’t work. I’d say revert the system back to how it was for the time being because broadside is getting very boring. If anything, make the default map random or something.

• This was happening even before the elementalist was added. This started happening right after this massive update: http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=13685.0

It could have been solved right there and then by reverting everything and then adding things step by step and finding out what is causing physics to break. Too late now. I predict this problem will persist for years, if not forever.

The default map should somehow automatically change everyday, that will at least prevent the server from slowly bleeding to death.

• Because there is no way to test it in a controlled environment besides using the live TP server as a lab; just have patience for the solution.

• •Projectiles no longer collide with other projectiles from the same team.

Try changing that back.

• I believe the indirect cause of the physics breaking is archer’s lightning arrow; the physics only seem to break right when lightning arrow is shot (or when archers are playing in general)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576664839852538627/31174C664F10F91A49834A594B92999C7A3B6DD1/

• It’s probably related more to something general (the collision hook for example) than something specific like lightning arrow.

• something I’ve noticed is that it also happens when one builds many mana extractors, you can tell it’s right about to happen when mana starts bouncing off capacitors, pads and magus.

• Was just in a match with a boatload of mana flying everywhere and a ton of zolts flying accross the map, and nothing broke.  Just wait for a resolution rather than guessing at what it is.

• The damage system has nothing to do with it. There’s never been any problems with it. The collision hook has nothing unsafe about it so it can’t be that either.

I’m going to put in a reporting system to see what entities are there when it crashes. Eventually a pattern should show up.

• Banned

I remember when the physics “broke” when one of my pulseturrets shot to the ground.

• Turrets shooting the smaller plasmas into the skybox seems to make pings ascend greatly.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.