Borderlands DLC

• So, borderlands is a neat game. I beat it once when I first bought it, then I stopped playing altogether since the piss-poor plot decided to stop explaining itself entirely near the ending. I wouldn’t recommend it for that, but the game is fun in the sense that it does a decent job of combining FPS and RPG elements, avoiding Bioshock’s “Character customization? What’s what?” approach and the Fallout 3/Vegas approach of “Well, you’re in a gunfight, better pause time so you don’t have to actually do any aiming.”

I started playing it again just a few days ago because I was looking through games I already have, and I’m wondering about the buckets of DLC that were released for it. Reviewers seem to have mixed opinions.

Is it worth it at all? Or should I just not waste money and stick with the original game?

• So, borderlands is a neat game. I beat it once when I first bought it, then I stopped playing altogether since the piss-poor plot decided to stop explaining itself entirely near the ending. I wouldn’t recommend it for that, but the game is fun in the sense that it does a decent job of combining FPS and RPG elements, avoiding Bioshock’s “Character customization? What’s what?” approach and the Fallout 3/Vegas approach of “Well, you’re in a gunfight, better pause time so you don’t have to actually do any aiming.”

I started playing it again just a few days ago because I was looking through games I already have, and I’m wondering about the buckets of DLC that were released for it. Reviewers seem to have mixed opinions.

Is it worth it at all? Or should I just not waste money and stick with the original game?

• Save your money

• Editing the saves to make uber weapons was pretty fun.

You can do all kinds of cool stuff like make a rocket launcher that fires a rocket and branches out into 50 other rockets,
    revolvers that do a 6 round burst of 3 bullets each in half a second, etc.

I wonder if they ever fixed it because griefing pvp was pretty fun when it came out.

• I think they did fix that, my automatic shotgun with a fifty bullet clip was gone when I logged in.

• Yeah, it felt less confined than Bioshock, but still sort of repetitive. Once you got the Buggies, it was bearable, but some parts were still annoying. I did find it weird that you couldn’t build your own gun in the game. Still, pretty interesting, except the end boss fight was extraordinarily easy.

• I have borderlands and all but the last DLC (Claptrap’s robot revolution). Game was awesome (in a group), not that bad solo either.

I would say only one would be worth buying, and that would be General Knoxx, Zombie Ned felt too short (in comparison) and all Moxxie’s DLC is pretty much an extended arena fight.

On General Knoxx, try and fight Crawmerax solo (secret final boss), beat him and feel good about it.

Having said that -besides Crawmerax solo-, After a good lengthy play I really only found it enjoyable when playing with other people. If you are  going to solo it, it’s just going to be a grind considering that you have to do around 2/3 playthroughs before you can kill Crawmerax.

Might actually be a good idea and wait for the next sale if there is one.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.