Pixie Swarm Recasting (You have too many of those in play!)

• Current System: When you cast Pixie Swarm a second time and all of your pixies belong to you, the system stops you from recasting.  You have too many of the spell in play.

Suggestion: Change Pixie Swarm recasting. When you recast and you already own pixies have it reset your pixies. All pixies you owned are destroyed and you get new ones like you never had any to begin with.

What this means: People will no longer be able to repeatedly cast Pixie Swarm without taking a hit to mana.  Currently, they can spam the button without worrying because they will only make new pixies after their old ones attack.

Comparison: Inversion can be cast at any time. If it was changed so it could only be cast when there was something to invert then people who spam it would save a lot of mana.

• Current System: When you cast Pixie Swarm a second time and all of your pixies belong to you, the system stops you from recasting.  You have too many of the spell in play.

Suggestion: Change Pixie Swarm recasting. When you recast and you already own pixies have it reset your pixies. All pixies you owned are destroyed and you get new ones like you never had any to begin with.

What this means: People will no longer be able to repeatedly cast Pixie Swarm without taking a hit to mana.  Currently, they can spam the button without worrying because they will only make new pixies after their old ones attack.

Comparison: Inversion can be cast at any time. If it was changed so it could only be cast when there was something to invert then people who spam it would save a lot of mana.

• It would help deter pixie spamming by new players somewhat, but I don’t see it affecting the skilled players that much.  The spell in general is way too potent.

• personally I think they should spawn one at a time per casting

then reduce the mana cost to 5

• Yeah and let’s do it for every other spell too I’m sick of seeing people shoot 2 firebolts at a time
    Fucking spammers
    If only there was some way to counterspell pixies… like where you could invert them or something

• @Reteris:

Yeah and let’s do it for every other spell too I’m sick of seeing people shoot 2 firebolts at a time
    Fucking spammers

That is not a good comparison.  There is no limit to the number of firebolts you can have in play.  A better example you could of used would of been Fire Sprites.

• bad suggestion. Pixies are weak enough as it is and it’s very easy to invert them or negate them.

• pixies are easily dealt with if you know what you are doing.

• Banned

• but assassin isn’t any better

• Seems like a good idea to me based on how Koolala put it.

• The problem is that people are too lazy to deal with it in-game so they come make a thread instead
    No matter how many times a spell (oh my god evil cheap noob spam spell) gets nerfed or removed there will always be another one to take its place
    The people making threads are the same people who played initiate… what the fuck man?
    I don’t give a shit if you’re not good enough to play one of the “almighty overpowered magic classes”, YOU need to adapt to the game, it should not have to adapt for you.

If someone is dumb enough to actually just spam pixies, you should have no problem dominating them, in reality though, the people who “spam pixies” and get kills are good players using OTHER SPELLS, you just can’t handle the fact that you got fucked so you try to blame it on “spam” and “cheap” and “overpowered”.

Whatever, I really don’t care if changes are made. I can adapt, I will always be here and I will always be good. I’m just sick of people who can’t man the fuck up and play the goddamn game.

• Inversion costs less mana and has a shorter casting time than pixie spamswarm. I’ve killed several bad conjurers by spamming inversion more than they spammed pixies.

• @Reteris:

The problem is that people are too lazy to deal with it in-game so they come make a thread instead
    No matter how many times a spell (oh my god evil cheap noob spam spell) gets nerfed or removed there will always be another one to take its place
    The people making threads are the same people who played initiate… what the fuck man?
    I don’t give a shit if you’re not good enough to play one of the “almighty overpowered magic classes”, YOU need to adapt to the game, it should not have to adapt for you.

If someone is dumb enough to actually just spam pixies, you should have no problem dominating them, in reality though, the people who “spam pixies” and get kills are good players using OTHER SPELLS, you just can’t handle the fact that you got fucked so you try to blame it on “spam” and “cheap” and “overpowered”.

Whatever, I really don’t care if changes are made. I can adapt, I will always be here and I will always be good. I’m just sick of people who can’t man the fuck up and play the goddamn game.

afraid that’s not how videogames work

balance discussion, feedback and critism from the playerbase is the very foundation of a supported multiplayer environment

pretending like nothing can be done is foolish and only results in people playing the best class/character and using the same repetitive combos leaving any other interesting and potentially remarkable aspect of the game in the dark (also resulting in a virtual stalemate since everybody knows what to predict)

a balanced game will never make you ask yourself “why should I ever use this class/spell/prop/weapon at all when I can just be/do/use X instead?” which isn’t the case with rtp

might aswell remove everything but conjurer, mage and crafter.

• I fail to see how this suggestion is necessarily a nerf unless the implication is that pixies are only effective when you can slam the shift key repeatedly without consequence to your mana.

• I agree with Koolala, it seems perfectly logical and pixies do need some kind of nerf. I find it difficult to invert the pixies or counter-spell them without running out of mana before the conjurer does.

• Just counter the pixies and stop whining about balance when the tools to stop pixies are already available.

• pixies are comepletely managable, if you say that it is op because once you inversion t the conjurer will inversion it then shouldn’t that mean th conjurer doing that is good enough to do that other than it justbeing consiered op? and don’t complain about warriors not being able to inversion it because they can  easily time their swings.

• k. Should be in next publish.

• At least now inversion will be useless since you can just cast them again

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.