Griefing?

• Banned

Is it really griefing if you make turrets in enemy spawn?

• Banned

Is it really griefing if you make turrets in enemy spawn?

• all I saw from the log was mossman=grins and crespo being idiotic

• Looks like Rexen got mad.

• No, you decided to build a fortress filled with turrets and walls directly in the Red team spawn, when red only had 1-2 players who apparently weren’t paying attention until it was too late. This made it hard to fight back since you would basically spawn with several turrets shooting your face in. You then decided to drag on the gamemode without capturing the hill, making it a free farm for yourself, and making the red team unable to fight back in order to end the map.

• Well I connected to the server and this is all I saw, just a few screenshots but still:

• As much as spawn killing isn’t griefing, this seems pretty overkill. I would guess that you had an anchor beacon in there too which makes it seem almost impossible to get out even with a air hiking mage.

Reading the actual rule word for word though, it seems like this is technically allowed…

• You have done this before and I punished you lightly for it (I reversed teams), despite claims that you were both going to report me you never did.

This is completely unacceptable. You’re only doing this for some sort of glorification that you’ve pissed people off because of the way you respond to people. (“Oh looks like we made another guy butthurt, lolz look how butthurt he is”).

If you haven’t worked it out already, if your forcing people to disconnect you don’t deserve to play the game.

• @PureJeenyus:

Reading the actual rule word for word though, it seems like this is technically allowed…

I’m pretty sure it falls under “Being an ass to the point where a person cannot play the game.”

Also

This isn’t set in stone, admins should use their common sense and this is here to give you an idea of how I feel idiots should be dealt with

• Banned

@Benjy:

You have done this before and I punished you lightly for it (I reversed teams), despite claims that you were bothgoing to report me you never did.

This is completely unacceptable. You’re only doing this for some sort of glorification that you’ve pissed people off because of the way you respond to people. (“Oh looks like we made another guy butthurt, lolz look how butthurt he is”).

If you haven’t worked it out already, if your forcing people to disconnect you don’t deserve to play the game.

I never said I was going to report you. Also we had directed pretty much every mana stone to the magus in urban_classic when you decided to force us to swap teams and we still managed to make the magus run out of mana, and Shen would have managed to do that in hi2u3, so they can still play.

• No you misunderstand, your motivation to destroy what you had both made was purely influenced to disprove me. I’m pretty sure I could have destroyed the props given enough time (it would have left around 2 minutes of actual enjoyable gaming time) however by the end of it you had around 14 deaths caused by your own doing. A “more casual” gamer wouldn’t have spent the effort on trying to get out and a new or less skilled player would have considered it an impossibility.

• Banned

In hi2u3 there were 4 players in the enemy team and only one (Shen) was trying to get out and she managed to get the magus from 2500 to 800 before I got kicked. If the three others would have helped her it wouldn’t have taken any more than 1 or 2 firebombs from each.

• By the sound of it I count 4 people not enjoying the game.

I’m telling you, and you should listen. Stop it.

• Banned

The way I see it, it’s not griefing, it’s a strategy.

• A strategy for what?

@Rexen:

You then decided to drag on the gamemode without capturing the hill, making it a free farm for yourself, and making the red team unable to fight back in order to end the map.

You aren’t even trying to win.

• Banned

I was keeping the base safe, like I said Shen almost destroyed it (might have done it I don’t know I got kicked)

• Spawn killing has never been against the rules that i know of. Certainly not griefing.

• It’s entirely situational. It got to the point, where you couldn’t even try to play anymore.

• It does beg the question though, why can you build props on enemy spawns/bases?

I thought there was protection to stop anything more than deployables being spawned from the enemy team on your base but guess that was scrapped with pre-game build time.

• I always thought Jetboom had the idea of ‘if you’re dumb enough to let it happen, then you deserve it’

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.