Teamplay - Teams.

• What I have noticed over a few games is that a fair amount of games end up like this:
    http://img816.imageshack.us/i/unledpl.png/

Problem is, is that you can abuse the current system by Leaving and rejoining a certain points so that it ends of with a team stack. Resulting in people rage quitting and thus, results in a 3 vs. 5 or some way or form, a team with more members.

Another problem along the line is that the game is in effect, killing itself, because that you can stack a team and results in match like in the picture above, they quit. So the player base becomes smaller and then becomes unable to support a regular large game and so then becomes a dead game mode.

So what I am suggesting is that the game organises the players through a formula containing K/D ratio and W/L ratio or Points per game. That the teams become even and the game starts to become more fun.

What else could happen is that a team vote could start to allow the teams to be scrambled but to prevent the problem from happening is that we could only allow the team that started to vote to be allowed to vote, preventing from fixing the vote to negate the team scrambler AI or what ever you want to call it.

TL;DR: Go read it.

• What I have noticed over a few games is that a fair amount of games end up like this:
    http://img816.imageshack.us/i/unledpl.png/

Problem is, is that you can abuse the current system by Leaving and rejoining a certain points so that it ends of with a team stack. Resulting in people rage quitting and thus, results in a 3 vs. 5 or some way or form, a team with more members.

Another problem along the line is that the game is in effect, killing itself, because that you can stack a team and results in match like in the picture above, they quit. So the player base becomes smaller and then becomes unable to support a regular large game and so then becomes a dead game mode.

So what I am suggesting is that the game organises the players through a formula containing K/D ratio and W/L ratio or Points per game. That the teams become even and the game starts to become more fun.

What else could happen is that a team vote could start to allow the teams to be scrambled but to prevent the problem from happening is that we could only allow the team that started to vote to be allowed to vote, preventing from fixing the vote to negate the team scrambler AI or what ever you want to call it.

TL;DR: Go read it.

• Having alot of wins/losses doesn’t mean you’re good/bad.

• True. We could make the formula based on Points per game which seems more fair.

• I’m pretty sure it already tries to do something like this, it just won’t give a team 2 or more players over another team.

I think a solution to that would to have a warm-up time and after that it just assigns everyone a team, so you can’t just wait until one team has an extra player to team stack.

• The game assigns players like this:

Does blue team have more players than red? If so, assign to red. If not, assign to blue.

Therefore is both teams have five players, you will join blue. Then the next person would join red, because blue would have six and red would have five.

Cool kids hold down tab as soon as they join the game, to see which team is better. Then they wait for someone else to join so they know they will get to join the best team. Consequently, anybody who is newer and doesn’t know how to do that (and is also therefore not usually as good as the people that do, who have been around longer) will join the weaker team. Therefore the teams get stacked further and further apart.

Solution: You cannot check the scoreboard until you have already joined a team.

• Better solution: There isn’t a spectator team.

• I always hated that “vote to even teams” aspect of multiplayer games, because I always got picked to even out for the crappy team, never a good one.

• I can do the following: You join a team immediately instead of joining spectator. Joining a team locks you there so you can’t reconnect to change. I can also bring back the team value system and make it so teams can be uneven by up to 2 players.

• If I remember correctly the team value system’s fatal flaw was assuming extra players could counter good players when more often than not it wouldn’t work out so well.  The instantaneous joining thing sounds good but expect to hear stat whores griping.

• You could make it so each extra player a team has increases said team’s respawn time.

• That would be nice. Especially if masses of people quit; then even in a 5v3 the smaller team still has some chance if they’re good.

• It’s fine, man the fuck up and get some skill or just wait it out a few minutes while you get the shit fucked out of you.

@JetBoom:

Joining a team locks you there so you can’t reconnect to change.

So what happens if all the good players get on one team and people ragequit and it’s 6v3 (oh my god it’s fucking horrible please make updates to the game for me), there’s no way to avoid uneven teams, it’s going to fucking happen no matter what system gets put in, people need to post less and play more.

“tldr” or something: “delta x22” got his ass rocked because he sucks a shitpile of fuck and now he wants the game to get changed just for him

• If I really wanted to get the game changed for me, I would be complaining about how shitty Dark mage is and how OP Wizard is, (Not implying they are.)

I wouldn’t complain about team balence, and yes I do happen to get 1:12 K/D ratio most games and yes I seem to generally suck at the game. I tend to do better in team games.

http://img855.imageshack.us/i/unled2gx.png/
    I average out to 12 Deaths per game and 5.8 Kills per game.

Back on topic
    We could code it so that the team value systems sorts them out into points value then sorts them into even teams?

• tl;dr: buttmangled team stackers and reconnectors whine about impending changes.

• Wouldn’t doing it based on stats encourage elitism and make new players feel uncomfortable?

• I don’t think so. As it simply bases it on average (I think) Points per game I guess.

• Banned

I want to be in Beyron’s team so that I wont crash.

• How would it encourage elitism. It would do the opposite if anything.

• “I’m on this team because my stats are better than yours.”

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.