Checkpoint

• So, I talked to Kris today and he said that he would like to hear opinions on Checkpoint, what was wrong with it etc.  so he can fix it. It was like a simple objective map , thats why many people liked the map, same as i did.
    Comments, Thoughts?

• So, I talked to Kris today and he said that he would like to hear opinions on Checkpoint, what was wrong with it etc.  so he can fix it. It was like a simple objective map , thats why many people liked the map, same as i did.
    Comments, Thoughts?

• You can’t fix those maps, they were designed for a time when ZS was a completely different game than it is now. You saw what happened when kris tried to make reactor compatible with current ZS.

• It was a fun map, I don’t know why it was removed other than prop clip exploit, (which can be easily fixed) and being somewhat easy. I would like to see it return.

• I don’t have a lot of time to map. So if i am to fix this, i need to make a specific list of what needs to be fixed. Since i was away when checkpoint was removed, i didn’t ever really find out why it was removed, other than the playerclip problem.

• Its kindof smallish

The shear stupidity of hiding three cores over 100 feet below the zombie spawn being bombarded by them is horrible.
    Nailing were the cores go is shear stupidity…

The gun at the top just can go i mean really its useless.

Try expanding the places around and removing any blue selfs

• -Fix team prop killing with the lazer also most people just sat on this until they died because they are dumb.
    -make the ammo supply less “lets all die trying to get it” by making it less worth while going there (keep in mind ammo crates will mean a lot of ammo for these guns.) besides the first one in the room normally gets all the guns anyway.

• The main problems of this map are:

-The laser cannon - It would be cool if it worked as intended, but people just use it to team kill other humans. Just remove this.

-The health room - It’s only two hallways to defend, this spot should have a wider hallway from the entrance coming right into the room. Other than doing that i don’t know how to fix his

What can be done to improve the map: Besides nerfing the health room, the system of “put the core in this slot to open this” should just be “Gather all three cores to unlock everything” so that way, no one can grab a core to be able to use a useless cannon. This is just my opinion on improving the map.

• Checkpoint is my all-time favorite zs map. Wave 1 you can’t barricade - you have to spawncamp. Wave 1 wavebreak you get into the zombie spawn and steal the cores, and then wave 2 you set up the cade. There’s also incentives for people to leave the cade during wave 3 to get the cards - giving zombies a chance for some extra brains if they can’t break the cade. So because you’re doing something different every wave, it stops the map from being ‘stand in a room for 6 waves’.

The only complaint I had was the teamkilling laser, but really, the smart thing to do is stay the hell out of the LOS of the laser when it’s activated. Otherwise you could argue that the map is a bit easy - long corridors, blue shelves, a wall health charger inside the cade (although you have to unlock it by leaving the cade, so I would have thought it was fairly balanced). Zombies with 200% movement when humans can’t see them should have made the map a bit harder for humans.

No idea why it was removed. I’m assuming it was because it had probably a 10-15% survival rate.

• Banned

I should’ve never found that exploit.  :action-smiley-003:

• I’m in two minds about the laser. Generally the flying props were pretty funny and a general hazard, though i never saw anyone have control of the laser enough to TK with it.

To make the cores easier to grab, i will probably push the Z spawn back a couple of meters, to allow the humans to establish a spawncamp line during wave 1 to defend core grabbers. Possibly could make the water core float in order to make it less suicidal to grab.

In terms of the medbay, checkpoint was designed that every cade spot had at least two entrances. The only place where it was possible to cade with no other entrance was the tiny last stand room in the control room, and the corridor by the medbay. I will have to block the end of that corridor, so any caders will have to include the medbay door in their cade.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.