Show me what you drive (in real life)

• @Deer:

Not really.

Most American car companies are above average, when it comes to reliability.

[email protected] being more reliable than Chrysler.

• @StratocasterTB:

[email protected] being more reliable than Chrysler.

How is that surprising?

@StratocasterTB:

So is there anyone here who can drive one of these?

Why do people still drive manuals?

• http://manualversusautomatic.com/comparison.php

The entire debate in a nutshell.

• They only make sports cars with manual transmissions nowadays.

And none of those arguments on why you should drive a manual car are actually substantial.

• Meh. It’s all a matter of personal preference, really.

• I used to drive a diesel MT volkswagon

shit got amazing mileage

• 911 model for a Porsche :D

• We epilepsy sufferers aren’t allowed to drive cars.

• @Deer:

Why do people still drive manuals?

@Deer:

They only make sports cars with manual transmissions nowadays.

Is he being serious? That’s so lazy.

Also you’ve bolded Jaguar and Volvo and Saab as if to say they’re fully American? You fool!

• Audi TT 1.8T      I drive this everyday

Porsche Carrera          My dad has a Motorcycle he rides on the weekends so I drive this on the weekends.

Both are manual cars :]

• @Zetanor:

… until it breaks because american vehicles are unreliable.

American cars are very reliable because the car company’s expect us to treat it like shit unlike Europeans.
    If you take care of a Euro car it will last you forever. My Audi is from 2002 and I did a service report on it and its only had 5 minor things wrong with it, the worst one was 4 months back I had to get a part in the transmission replaced because I was shifting gears to fast.

• @Deer:

Most American car companies are above average, when it comes to reliability.

But just how many people have a Lincoln, a Jaguar, Cadillac or a Saab? Assuming that the chart (which is limited to 2011 vehicles, a bad sample for this discussion) is accurate, the brands I mentioned are on top because they’re expensive, and expensive vehicles are generally reliable, no matter the brand. Besides, I’m sure that the volume of Fords and CJDs (collectively a very large portion of active American cars, probably ~70%) that are sent to garages for repairs is much higher than that of all Japanese cars, even though there’s more Japs on the road.

E: Obviously I’m disregarding major problems like Toyota’s “Whoops my acceleration pedal is stuck” and Ford’s exploding cars.

• @Deer:

They only make sports cars with manual transmissions nowadays.

No, and expensive sports cars are the only cars that you can get with an automatic gearbox that doesn’t [email protected]:

American cars are very reliable because the car company’s expect us to treat it like shit unlike Europeans.

No, they’re reliable because American cars are still built the same way they did in the 70s so it’s really simple stuff which is hard to fuck up these days.
    Which is also why nobody other than Americans buy them, we don’t want shitty cars.

Use the Top Gear survey. But it doesn’t contain many American cars since the survey is done in a developed country and they don’t buy American cars.

• @Benjy:

Is he being serious? That’s so lazy.

Also you’ve bolded Jaguar and Volvo and Saab as if to say they’re fully American? You fool!

Yeah they’re owned by American companies.

• @Meatwad:

911 model for a Porsche :D

-snip-

That’s a 944, not a 911.

• @Zetanor:

expensive vehicles are generally reliable, no matter the brand.

That isn’t true.
    Land Rover, BMW, and Audi make some of the most expensive cars in America, but they all have horrible reliability. You also wouldn’t think that Fords or Chevrolets are more reliable than most asian or european cars… but they are.
    My point, is that American vehicles are above average when it comes to reliability, and do not fit the stereotype.

@Kitzym:

No, and expensive sports cars are the only cars that you can get with an automatic gearbox that doesn’t suck.No, they’re reliable because American cars are still built the same way they did in the 70s so it’s really simple stuff which is hard to fuck up these days.
    Which is also why nobody other than Americans buy them, we don’t want shitty cars we Europeans can’t afford to drive cars larger than a golf cart because the government takes 20% of our money and we pay $8 a gallon for gas.

Fixed :usa:

@je3perscre3pers:

Audi TT 1.8T      I drive this everyday

Are those your parents’ cars, or yours?

• vdub

Also, my family has not owned a Ford that hasn’t had a major driveline failure, commercial and consumer vehicles.

• @Deer:

Yeah they’re owned by American companies.

Not only is Jaguar owned by Tata, an Indian company, the cars are designed and manufactured in Britain. Exactly the same with Land Rover, but you didn’t bold that one.
    Volvo is owned by Geely, China, the cars are designed in Sweden.
    I guess Saab are still owned by GM, but the majority of designs are made in Sweden.

• @Benjy:

Not only is Jaguar owned by Tata, an Indian company, the cars are designed and manufactured in Britain. Exactly the same with Land Rover, but you didn’t bold that one.
    Volvo is owned by Geely, China, the cars are designed in Sweden.
    I guess Saab is still owned by GM, but the majority of designs are made in Sweden.

Actually, Saab is currently owned by Spyker, a Dutch supercar company.

Take a second to think about that.

• Driving yourself is for fags, my mum and dad drive me around.

:link:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.