Show me what you drive (in real life)

• I will never drive another vehicle.

• … until it breaks because american vehicles are unreliable.

• Not really.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/03/shocker-jd-power-names-lincoln-most-dependable-brand/1

2011 brand dependability rankings based on problems per 100 vehicles. (Industry average: 151)

Lincoln: 101
    Lexus: 109
    Jaguar: 112
    Porsche: 114
    Toyota: 122
    Acura: 123
    Buick: 125
    Mercedes-Benz: 128
    Cadillac: 130
    Hyundai: 132
    Honda: 139
    Ford: 140
    Saab: 146
    Infiniti: 151 –-------------------- (Average) ------------------------
    Smart: 152
    (tie) Chevrolet: 156/Volvo: 156
    Subaru: 157
    Kia: 160
    Audi: 161
    BMW: 164
    Scion: 166
    Ram: 173
    Mazda: 181
    Nissan: 183
    GMC: 184
    Mitsubishi: 186
    Suzuki: 190
    Volkswagen: 191
    Chrysler: 202
    Dodge: 206
    Land Rover: 212
    Jeep: 214
    Mini: 221

Most American car companies are above average, when it comes to reliability.

• soccer mom car, but hey better than nothing

got it cheap as fuck, too

• So is there anyone here who can drive one of these?

• @Deer:

Not really.

[email protected] being more reliable than Chrysler.

• @StratocasterTB:

[email protected] being more reliable than Chrysler.

How is that surprising?

@StratocasterTB:

So is there anyone here who can drive one of these?

Why do people still drive manuals?

• http://manualversusautomatic.com/comparison.php

The entire debate in a nutshell.

• They only make sports cars with manual transmissions nowadays.

And none of those arguments on why you should drive a manual car are actually substantial.

• Meh. It’s all a matter of personal preference, really.

• I used to drive a diesel MT volkswagon

shit got amazing mileage

• 911 model for a Porsche :D

• We epilepsy sufferers aren’t allowed to drive cars.

• @Deer:

Why do people still drive manuals?

@Deer:

They only make sports cars with manual transmissions nowadays.

Is he being serious? That’s so lazy.

Also you’ve bolded Jaguar and Volvo and Saab as if to say they’re fully American? You fool!

• Audi TT 1.8T      I drive this everyday

Porsche Carrera          My dad has a Motorcycle he rides on the weekends so I drive this on the weekends.

Both are manual cars :]

• @Zetanor:

… until it breaks because american vehicles are unreliable.

American cars are very reliable because the car company’s expect us to treat it like shit unlike Europeans.
    If you take care of a Euro car it will last you forever. My Audi is from 2002 and I did a service report on it and its only had 5 minor things wrong with it, the worst one was 4 months back I had to get a part in the transmission replaced because I was shifting gears to fast.

• @Deer:

But just how many people have a Lincoln, a Jaguar, Cadillac or a Saab? Assuming that the chart (which is limited to 2011 vehicles, a bad sample for this discussion) is accurate, the brands I mentioned are on top because they’re expensive, and expensive vehicles are generally reliable, no matter the brand. Besides, I’m sure that the volume of Fords and CJDs (collectively a very large portion of active American cars, probably ~70%) that are sent to garages for repairs is much higher than that of all Japanese cars, even though there’s more Japs on the road.

E: Obviously I’m disregarding major problems like Toyota’s “Whoops my acceleration pedal is stuck” and Ford’s exploding cars.

• @Deer:

They only make sports cars with manual transmissions nowadays.

No, and expensive sports cars are the only cars that you can get with an automatic gearbox that doesn’t [email protected]:

American cars are very reliable because the car company’s expect us to treat it like shit unlike Europeans.

No, they’re reliable because American cars are still built the same way they did in the 70s so it’s really simple stuff which is hard to fuck up these days.
    Which is also why nobody other than Americans buy them, we don’t want shitty cars.

Use the Top Gear survey. But it doesn’t contain many American cars since the survey is done in a developed country and they don’t buy American cars.

• @Benjy:

Is he being serious? That’s so lazy.

Also you’ve bolded Jaguar and Volvo and Saab as if to say they’re fully American? You fool!

Yeah they’re owned by American companies.

• @Meatwad:

911 model for a Porsche :D

-snip-

That’s a 944, not a 911.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.