Guild Wars 2

• So I was wondering what you guys thought of guild wars 2, everything I’ve seen seems kind of exciting.
    I remember playing Guild Wars when I was younger, and it was very fun, for about a month or so.
    Once you level capped, you basically had to go into PvP, as the level cap was low.

More to the point, i’ve generally shied from mmos, but GW2 the looks badass. Better than rift and WoW anyway, which i’ve played and found to be just okay.

It looks graphically astounding, much better than the original, and not really comparable to rift or WoW. It also seems dynamic, without all the goddamn text reading, and shit like that. I saw a demo where a player kills about half a pack of charging mobs, the other half yells, turns and starts to run away - I like that

So, good, bad, same?

• So I was wondering what you guys thought of guild wars 2, everything I’ve seen seems kind of exciting.
    I remember playing Guild Wars when I was younger, and it was very fun, for about a month or so.
    Once you level capped, you basically had to go into PvP, as the level cap was low.

More to the point, i’ve generally shied from mmos, but GW2 the looks badass. Better than rift and WoW anyway, which i’ve played and found to be just okay.

It looks graphically astounding, much better than the original, and not really comparable to rift or WoW. It also seems dynamic, without all the goddamn text reading, and shit like that. I saw a demo where a player kills about half a pack of charging mobs, the other half yells, turns and starts to run away - I like that

So, good, bad, same?

• Long term guild wars player here I know my shit ok?

Guild wars 1 had its flaws, it divided the gaming group into two. Those who were more back seated, play with friends, do storyline stuff played guild wars. Those more hardcore insta action massive mmo gamers went to world of warcraft. (even thought guild wars pvp was epic)
    Guild wars 2 is a mixture of the two. If you’re going to make up an opinion on guild wars 2, don’t do like the rest and think it’s shit because you didn’t like guild wars 1. You have to flush your opinions and make new ones, currently based on gameplay videos and whatnot, but I’m yet to see how the game actually turns on when it launches.
    The developers admitted themselves that gw1 had its flaws, and that they’re redoing the whole game mechanics.

also, the lead concept art designed is

Looks familiar? Yeah you’re right.

I’m really looking forward to how world pvp turns out as well, it sounds exciting already even thought they haven’t showed us anything yet.

http://www.justin.tv/alienwarearena/b/281335903
    Gameplay+presentation at PAX. Skip a bit.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.