Publish 326 (ZS Update Pt 1)

• NoXiousNet Core / DB

• You can no longer use overly annoying chat tags in the /label command such as <news>, <wiki>, <help>, etc. Basically it’s anything that has no function outside of being clickable.

• Added the <sound=filename> chat tag. This creates an icon that, when moused over, plays a sound of your choice. The sound must be rooted in the sound folder (no going outside of the gmod directory). It stops playing the sound when you move your mouse off of the icon.

• Added a toggle button in the chatbox options menu for displaying hats and other items.

Multiplayer YouTube

• If you’re not in a room and a video is played somewhere, you get a message.

Retro Team Play (Blue.Frog)

• Added new elementalist spell: Scorch. Creates a giant ball of fire that has all the properties of flare but is much larger, much slower, has a shorter lifetime, and deals great explosion damage in a small area around it.

Zombie Survival

• Switched the Type-Ra font with Typenoksidi. Looks very similar but is a bit more legible.

• Rebuilt the top-left area of the HUD. It’s smaller in general.

• Points are now distributed by damage dealt / total damage dealt. The killing shot is always worth at least one point. All assisting players are then distributed the remaining points.

• Added a new way to get points. If you are’t damaged for a minute straight, you will receive 3 points.

• Deployables will not allow you to deploy them if there are props or other solid physics objects inside of them.

• Deployables will now collide with physics props even if they aren’t fully deployed yet.

• Deployables now push out players a faster.

• Made the screen scale ratio more lenient for very small resolutions.

• Added the logic_points entity. You can use this to directly give (or take) points from human players as well as check if a player has a certain amount of points. Could be used for your very own in-map point store. Maybe a kill-a-tron costs 500 points? You can do that now.

• Added the logic_brains entity. You can do the same thing as logic_points but with brains. Want a door that requires a certain amount of brains? A different way to redeem? All can be done now.

• Added a new, graphical redemption display.

• Added the Message Beacon available for 25 Worth. This is a regular prop (can be nailed, damaged, and destroyed) with a point_worldhint parented on it. Select the message you want with right click then deploy it with left click. The range is limited to 1,024 units.

• NoXiousNet Core / DB

• You can no longer use overly annoying chat tags in the /label command such as <news>, <wiki>, <help>, etc. Basically it’s anything that has no function outside of being clickable.

• Added the <sound=filename> chat tag. This creates an icon that, when moused over, plays a sound of your choice. The sound must be rooted in the sound folder (no going outside of the gmod directory). It stops playing the sound when you move your mouse off of the icon.

• Added a toggle button in the chatbox options menu for displaying hats and other items.

Multiplayer YouTube

• If you’re not in a room and a video is played somewhere, you get a message.

Retro Team Play (Blue.Frog)

• Added new elementalist spell: Scorch. Creates a giant ball of fire that has all the properties of flare but is much larger, much slower, has a shorter lifetime, and deals great explosion damage in a small area around it.

Zombie Survival

• Switched the Type-Ra font with Typenoksidi. Looks very similar but is a bit more legible.

• Rebuilt the top-left area of the HUD. It’s smaller in general.

• Points are now distributed by damage dealt / total damage dealt. The killing shot is always worth at least one point. All assisting players are then distributed the remaining points.

• Added a new way to get points. If you are’t damaged for a minute straight, you will receive 3 points.

• Deployables will not allow you to deploy them if there are props or other solid physics objects inside of them.

• Deployables will now collide with physics props even if they aren’t fully deployed yet.

• Deployables now push out players a faster.

• Made the screen scale ratio more lenient for very small resolutions.

• Added the logic_points entity. You can use this to directly give (or take) points from human players as well as check if a player has a certain amount of points. Could be used for your very own in-map point store. Maybe a kill-a-tron costs 500 points? You can do that now.

• Added the logic_brains entity. You can do the same thing as logic_points but with brains. Want a door that requires a certain amount of brains? A different way to redeem? All can be done now.

• Added a new, graphical redemption display.

• Added the Message Beacon available for 25 Worth. This is a regular prop (can be nailed, damaged, and destroyed) with a point_worldhint parented on it. Select the message you want with right click then deploy it with left click. The range is limited to 1,024 units.

What I have been waiting for, great!

• Pretty nice update and hopefully the beacons will help the humans band together a bit better on larger or more complicated maps now

• Becons should be like turrets and crates…annoying having people get them and run around

People can tk with beakons

• the top left zombie/human count hud is too small for most to see how many points we’ve obtained and

People can tk with beakons

• My hud is very small

resolution is 1920x1080

• I increased the size slightly.

• zs_easymode

• ohno people got motivated in zs to win and not get hurt, make zs harder

• Hey, guess what, when every human has enough points to buy two sweepers, zombies aren’t having any fun. Joining late means you’re better of just going AFK until the next wave because there’s no way to beat humans unless they messed up their cade at the beginning.

• my fps ingame is also significantly lower, doe anyone else get this?

• then increase the damage resistance slightly more, problem solved

• Love new update, thanks!!! :D

• Needs some balancing.  Very little effort needed to win.  Everyone behind the barricade gets free smgs/nails/medammo just in time for the heavy assault in later waves.

• It’s not like I changed anything regarding balance. I could increase prices.

• I think ammo point regen makes the game much easier. Humans were still winning pretty regularly before point regen, maybe just take it out.

• You need to not be hit for a minute.

• I like the update. Human players are starting to learn that they can be more successful by not attaching themselves to the front of the cade with a plank and as such, less are dieing. That combined with the minor point increase makes winning easier for the humans, but I don’t see a problem with increasing the prices. The only item that really doesn’t need an increased price are nails. If I really need the extra defense, buying two boards for aegis last much longer than a single nail.

• I think zombies need to generally give more points, now that it’s more spread out

I also believe the increased ammo price are specifically hurting the annabelle and tinyslug, as they are unable to generate enough points to ressuply

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.