Old Super Mario Boxes 2-D recreation!!

• Hey guys,
    Not many of you know me as a forum member here at NoXiousNet or on the GMOD servers and that is mainly because all I did was play Super Mario Boxes back in the day and then left for a few years.
    Well I’m back and I noticed how little SMB is being played anymore when it used to have 15-20 players in it most of the time and that saddens me. It saddens me so much that I’ve decided to upload and old two player standalone executable that I made with a friend a few years back of the original SMB on GMOD9.
    I hope many of you find amusement in this game and that it inspires a movement to bring the old SMB server back up for a bit for everyone to enjoy!
    Give it a try and let me know what you think!  :biggrin:

The attach feature isn’t working for some reason so here is a download link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yyqokn

• Hey guys,
    Not many of you know me as a forum member here at NoXiousNet or on the GMOD servers and that is mainly because all I did was play Super Mario Boxes back in the day and then left for a few years.
    Well I’m back and I noticed how little SMB is being played anymore when it used to have 15-20 players in it most of the time and that saddens me. It saddens me so much that I’ve decided to upload and old two player standalone executable that I made with a friend a few years back of the original SMB on GMOD9.
    I hope many of you find amusement in this game and that it inspires a movement to bring the old SMB server back up for a bit for everyone to enjoy!
    Give it a try and let me know what you think!  :biggrin:

The attach feature isn’t working for some reason so here is a download link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yyqokn

• Reminds me of The Games Factory games we used to make in elementary school.

• hahaha
    Yeah, we made it many years back. Used a program called Game Maker if anyone is familiar with that.

• Game Maker is even worse than The Games Factory

Game Maker is like a clone of Wiremod, but even worse

• Yeah except you have no idea what you’re talking about and The Games Factory is terrible.

• Pros: The graphics were amazing
    Cons: There were no physics (I can stand on the edge of my box, why)
    I can’t see my crosshair
    I couldn’t zoom
    No joypad support
    Where’s the pause menu?
    One map
    No widescreen support
    SecuROM
    Loadscreens
    no support for ati onboard cards
    game data is not saved
    the boxes do not feel like boxes
    does not work with stereoscopic plugin
    cant view my achievements
    no mod support
    cant find someone desperate enough to play this game with me
    30fps cap
    confusing hud
    flat colors
    sprites stretch and get blurry
    no respawn timer
    no death display hud
    cannot run in google chrome
    linear
    one enemy type
    cannot see below me
    does not use 7zip
    that files sharing site
    no support for joysticks with z-caps or deadzones

• Cons: No Stat tracking
    No power ups
    No Items
    No voice chat

• did you even play the game
    you track stats with paper and pencil, there were powerups, and you talk to/punch the guy next to you

• Oh I didn’t know. So that means a handicap would probably be covering one eye then.

• piece of cardboard taped to the middle of the monitor Goldeneye style

• meanwhile, runs and throws proxy mines in all the spawns on Facility, then looks down at the floor and spams C-Left + C-Right

• hahah great feedback! I’ll make sure to add support for all of that right away!

• Oh yeah, if nobody has figured it out yet, if you press the end key the green box will falcon punch…

Hope that satisfies everyone’s demands!

• If it’s made in a programming language from scratch. Good job.

If it’s made in a game maker. A smack in the back and two claps. If you’re going for a game desginer career, you’ve started in the wrong place.

• haha no. I’m in college for electrical engineering.
    This was just a “We have nothing better to do” project.

• @Sn3tArd:

I’m in college for electrical engineering.

unlucky

• @Benjy:

unlucky

Why do you say that?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.