My Mouse

• I use a basic Logitech wired mouse for my computer and the problem is recently, every time I move it, sometimes it wont move in that direction or it will move a little bit or 1/2 the distance in comparison in to the full distance is usually produces for certain movements.

So if i want to move a cross-hair for example up, i could skid my mouse forward a couple of inches and most the time it will move to the top, but sometimes it will do 1/2 the distance, move barely, or not move at all.

Any reason as to why this is happening. I have tried using other wired mouses in the house and the problem happens to all of them, so it can not be the mouse.

• I use a basic Logitech wired mouse for my computer and the problem is recently, every time I move it, sometimes it wont move in that direction or it will move a little bit or 1/2 the distance in comparison in to the full distance is usually produces for certain movements.

So if i want to move a cross-hair for example up, i could skid my mouse forward a couple of inches and most the time it will move to the top, but sometimes it will do 1/2 the distance, move barely, or not move at all.

Any reason as to why this is happening. I have tried using other wired mouses in the house and the problem happens to all of them, so it can not be the mouse.

• If it’s more then one mouse, then I’ll assume your mouse doesn’t need to be cleaned.  Make sure you using a clean area to track on.
    You can adjust your mouse sensitivity in windows, and also within most games.

• Yeah, usually, when my mouse doesn’t work, it’s because I don’t have a mouse pad. Laser mouses don’t work on glass.

• Laser mouses don’t work on glass.

Cheap optical mice don’t work on glass, but laser mice work on glass or even a mirrored surface without any problems.

Have you recently installed any HID driver updates from Windows Update or the Logitech Software Updater? As Neko suggested check your mouse sensitivity and speed settings in Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options tab. Also take a look at the Hardware tab and see if anything seems out of place.

• Not all laser mice work on glass. Source: I just tried.

What OS are you using? I’ve heard of several mouse issues on 7, one of which affects me.

• @AlCpwnage1337:

I use a basic Logitech wired mouse for my computer and the problem is recently, every time I move it, sometimes it wont move in that direction or it will move a little bit or 1/2 the distance in comparison in to the full distance is usually produces for certain movements.

It might be the texture of your mousemat.

• Use a piece of paper, works perfectly fine.

• Banned

I use no mousemats and my mouse works fine.

• for years it is worked on the bare wood of the desk, but I think maybe over time the texture might of worn down, however I treid using a new blank spot on the desk and that doesn’t change so I guess it should be driver related or something around inside my PC. I’ll try any of the suggestions sometime today and give feedback.

• Whenever that happens sometimes that means there’s a hair or something covering the light. Pick up your mouse and rub your finger on the sensor part a couple times.

• I’m actually using the packaging of my mouse pad, which is made of 100% Recycled Cardboard. I think it works better than the pad itself.

• Update:

Today I have had it so i went back through properties and cleared the box that said "Enhance Pointer Precision"
    After that I noticed that now its tracking was a little weird, so then I grabbed a pad. Everything seems to be working fine but now the problem is that it is making foreign movements in random directions once I move the pointer to a location.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.