Media help

• When I try to access the media files on my computer from my PS3, it says the “PS3-871” is not allowed on this sharing source. Anyway to allow the PS3 to access my files? Tried turning off firewall, no good.

• When I try to access the media files on my computer from my PS3, it says the “PS3-871” is not allowed on this sharing source. Anyway to allow the PS3 to access my files? Tried turning off firewall, no good.

• Maybe you shouldn’t have rented a console…

• Because your dislike of gaming consoles is really relevant to a problem about the home entertainment part of the machine.

• if you are running vista, i might have a solution.

you open Network and Sharing center, then click media sharing

in change, you might see your ps3 on the list the pops up.  then you allow it.

it could be similar on win7.

• @Boo:

my PS3

well theres your problem right there bud.

• @Benjy:

Because your dislike of gaming consoles is really relevant to a problem about the home entertainment part of the machine.

Yes, a computer would do it a lot better.

• @Thor:

well theres your problem right there bud.

shutup faggot

• @Kitzym:

Yes, a computer would do it a lot better.

This is the point where I show you a picture of someone putting a computer with their home cinema systems, but no one is stupid enough to think that appropriate or even advantageous.

• @Ghostwork:

if you are running vista, i might have a solution.

you open Network and Sharing center, then click media sharing

in change, you might see your ps3 on the list the pops up.  then you allow it.

it could be similar on win7.

In Windows 7, its Network and Sharing Center, change advance sharing settings, under media streaming tab “Choose media streaming options”.

Here should give you a list of connected devices on your LAN and their respective permissions. This method did not work for me however. My computer was unable to fnd the PS3 and vica-versa. I had to resort ot TVsersity as a media server.

• Thanks Broly, got it to work.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.