New class: Antlion (not kidding you here)

• Well I was sitting around thinking about random and probably improbable classes that could be added when I thought, “hey wouldn’t it be cool to play as an antlion? It is a game with machine guns, bombers, and wizards. I don’t see why not.” And then I posted this topic.
    Name: Super antlion, antlion, whatever**

Model antlion (durr)

Health:** medium-low/ medium
    Speed**:Medium high-high. Maybe highest.
    Attack**: basic antlion clawing attack in half life. Medium to low power, somewhere around the dragoon speed maybe higher or lower. I don’t know if you should be able to move while attacking due to animations and fairness. Speed could be slowed while attacking dunno. Also thought about giving it an “interupt” ability that stops a spellcaster halfway through a spell while he’s mumbling jiberish, might be OP though.
    Abilities:**

Flight: Like the dragoon’s dragon flight in the fact that its a skill/ability or whatever that costs 0 mana. Flight is what you would think it is, it sends the antlion flying, like in half life, in an arc in the direction the player is looking. Minor adjustments can be made mid-flight. 10-15 second cooldown. Creates a small damage/force area/impact upon landing, disrupting groups.

Screech:The antlion emits a sound similar to the bugbait sound(not the squishy sound, the “SKREEEEAHEGIUA” sound) and is similar to the warrios battle cry. Could be a mirror to it where it stuns the enemy but not mana stuns them. Don’t know wether it should be an ability or a spell(mana or cooldown)

**Spit:**Just like the antlion worker in episode 2, the antlion spits caustic goo in an arc, fair impact radius and damage and will probably have a slight cooldown like 3-5 seconds. Could have some sort of special ability like poison or anchor. Probably will cost mana/energy. Antlion would be immobile while spitting, or maybe not.

And this one I just thought would be awesome, but not exactly possible or fair.

MOUNT: Toggle-able,  Player is immoblie while using. The antlion gets a sort of symbol over their head indicationg they can be “mounted”(herp). Another player can go up to the antlion and press “use” to get on the other player. The player that is on the antlion cannot control the antlion but can indicate which direction they would like to go which would show up as an arrow on the antlions screen(havent figured out how yet). The player that is the antlion can remove the player on them by un-toggling the ability. The player ont top (derp) can get off by pressing “use”.

PROS: Awesome antlion mount, higher mobility. Can be used to “ferry” players across walls or help a retreat.

CONs: Antlion speed is slowed abit, but only enoigh so its equal with the other fast classes. Flight distance is shortened as well, antlion cannot use screech or spit while mounted. Mounter and mountee are treated as a single entity(I think i’m saying this right) and provide a bigger target to homing spells and other things. If the antlion is destroyed the rider gets thrown off in the direction they were traveling. Player on top could possibly have slower mana regen or not be able to regen from mana stones.

NOTES
    -some spells will be un-usable while on an antlion. Things like beserker charge, tornado and other things. Mainly spells that make you immobile while casting.
    -Contrary to popular belief, antlions CANNOT drive.
    Any ideas or constructive critisism would be apreciated.

inb4 jokes about “mounting”

• Well I was sitting around thinking about random and probably improbable classes that could be added when I thought, “hey wouldn’t it be cool to play as an antlion? It is a game with machine guns, bombers, and wizards. I don’t see why not.” And then I posted this topic.
    Name: Super antlion, antlion, whatever**

Model antlion (durr)

Health:** medium-low/ medium
    Speed**:Medium high-high. Maybe highest.
    Attack**: basic antlion clawing attack in half life. Medium to low power, somewhere around the dragoon speed maybe higher or lower. I don’t know if you should be able to move while attacking due to animations and fairness. Speed could be slowed while attacking dunno. Also thought about giving it an “interupt” ability that stops a spellcaster halfway through a spell while he’s mumbling jiberish, might be OP though.
    Abilities:**

Flight: Like the dragoon’s dragon flight in the fact that its a skill/ability or whatever that costs 0 mana. Flight is what you would think it is, it sends the antlion flying, like in half life, in an arc in the direction the player is looking. Minor adjustments can be made mid-flight. 10-15 second cooldown. Creates a small damage/force area/impact upon landing, disrupting groups.

Screech:The antlion emits a sound similar to the bugbait sound(not the squishy sound, the “SKREEEEAHEGIUA” sound) and is similar to the warrios battle cry. Could be a mirror to it where it stuns the enemy but not mana stuns them. Don’t know wether it should be an ability or a spell(mana or cooldown)

**Spit:**Just like the antlion worker in episode 2, the antlion spits caustic goo in an arc, fair impact radius and damage and will probably have a slight cooldown like 3-5 seconds. Could have some sort of special ability like poison or anchor. Probably will cost mana/energy. Antlion would be immobile while spitting, or maybe not.

And this one I just thought would be awesome, but not exactly possible or fair.

MOUNT: Toggle-able,  Player is immoblie while using. The antlion gets a sort of symbol over their head indicationg they can be “mounted”(herp). Another player can go up to the antlion and press “use” to get on the other player. The player that is on the antlion cannot control the antlion but can indicate which direction they would like to go which would show up as an arrow on the antlions screen(havent figured out how yet). The player that is the antlion can remove the player on them by un-toggling the ability. The player ont top (derp) can get off by pressing “use”.

PROS: Awesome antlion mount, higher mobility. Can be used to “ferry” players across walls or help a retreat.

CONs: Antlion speed is slowed abit, but only enoigh so its equal with the other fast classes. Flight distance is shortened as well, antlion cannot use screech or spit while mounted. Mounter and mountee are treated as a single entity(I think i’m saying this right) and provide a bigger target to homing spells and other things. If the antlion is destroyed the rider gets thrown off in the direction they were traveling. Player on top could possibly have slower mana regen or not be able to regen from mana stones.

NOTES
    -some spells will be un-usable while on an antlion. Things like beserker charge, tornado and other things. Mainly spells that make you immobile while casting.
    -Contrary to popular belief, antlions CANNOT drive.
    Any ideas or constructive critisism would be apreciated.

inb4 jokes about “mounting”

• -edit I’m a dumbass-

• Except his suggestion is for teamplay like you can see from the very first line.

• Yeah I’m stupid. Anyway, it’s not a terrible idea.

• Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

It’s just another class, it can jump the distance of a teleport every 15 seconds, and people can ride it and spam “GO HERE” hopping in a car with a mind of its own- and spit.

This is like if you chose to play as your horse in Oblivion rather than the guy who rides it.

• Are you an idiot? The Antlion as you’ve laid it out is horribly OP. It can spit with the flag to hurt enemies from afar, it’s hard to catch as a caster, warriors or blood-boiled zombies could ride it until it dies then be catapulted forwards away from enemies or past turrets, possibly even up previously unclimbable hills, you’re suggesting the addition of something that was already shown to be OP if used right…

I could go on.

• I wouldn’t take this suggestion serious,

just look at his avartar/name.

• SKREEEEAHEGIUA

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.