Ideas for maps!

• First of all, i’ve noticed theres a mapping part of the forums, however i think that more people view the zombie survival threads more than mapping… soo

Moving on… I can’t map, nor do i have the time to start mapping (they’d just end up ugly anyway)

So i’m just making a thread,for any mappers out there needing inspiration or ideas
    What would you want in a map? Locations, Areas, even in objective maps, what would you prefer?

Comments much appreciated!!

• First of all, i’ve noticed theres a mapping part of the forums, however i think that more people view the zombie survival threads more than mapping… soo

Moving on… I can’t map, nor do i have the time to start mapping (they’d just end up ugly anyway)

So i’m just making a thread,for any mappers out there needing inspiration or ideas
    What would you want in a map? Locations, Areas, even in objective maps, what would you prefer?

Comments much appreciated!!

• More people view the mapping threads because 90% of the time they actually do have content/something new. I and probably most mappers feel they have enough on their plate to take a bunch of random generic adjectives from threads like this. Since you have no intention of mapping, I’m guessing the only reason you made this thread was to see what the other mappers are planning, but I don’t need a thread like this and others probably won’t either.

However, if other non-mappers would use this thread to suggest/comment on what’s good or bad in a map, don’t hold back.

• Ah sorry Modest, i diddnt mean to put any pressure on you, you do make brilliant maps and everybody does enjoy them, i was trying as you say to get others involved, people should take you as an example, pharmacy gets every person on ZS excited and i really would like to see more maps which do, there has to be more good mappers out there that can see what the guys on the server want and look into it as they may.

Can i ask how you get your ideas? is it simply from yourself or?

• “Hey this mess of brushwork almost looks like _____”

Inspiration is random

• Banned

Make payload maps for TP.

• If I was any good at mapping, I’d make a zs objective map called RBG_Hotel. You spawn at street level, and there is a red, blue, and green hotel in front of you.

Part of the idea is to try and make it intuitive what to do next, and the other part is to have humans backtrack so the map doesn’t have to be as big. When you spawn, you get a message on your screen “get to the top of the Red Hotel!”

The hotel is pretty big, with some maze levels, some dark levels etc to get to the top. When you get to the top room there is a message written on the wall telling you to destroy the generator in the room. The generator is a prop with a shitload of hit points and some humans will have to be destroying it while other humans cade and defend the front of the room.

Destroying the generator makes a wave end - zombies stop spawning for a minute giving humans time to run back down the Red Hotel and start climbing the Blue Hotel. That doesn’t stop zombies who are still alive from laying in ambush while humans run back down.

Same sort of thing for the Blue Hotel - you have to climb to the top. Some levels have holes in the ground, some levels are on fire. The top floor you have to cade. The top floor has a puzzle where you have to put coal props into a furnace while other humans defend the cade. After x pieces are put in the furnace, this is a wave end and you flee to the Green Hotel.

The Green Hotel has a helipad on the roof, and the roof in general is difficult to cade. To call the helicoptor, the team has to stand on the helipad and emote to ‘call’ the helicoptor (derp). After x number of emotes have been spammed, the helicoptor arrives and any surviving humans win.

Zombies spawn progressively higher in each hotel and then start at street level again. Redeeming humans spawn at street level, but redeeming is disabled when the Green Hotel is unlocked.

It’s a very long term project.

• hi

• NoxiousNet HQ: Fun times, all the time.

Unless that’s Prof. W’s idea.

• I’ve been working on it for a while.

(old image)

• I love you.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.