TP Gamemode: Giant

• In this game mode, a player is selected at random to become the “giant”, the player earns points for the team by killing enemies. The rest of the team can earn points by keeping the giant alive or killing the opposing giant.

All Giant’s HPs are displayed on the HUD, along with the avatar of the user.

| The Giant |

• 5× Size

• 4× Health

• 2× Mana

• 0.25x Healing effect

• All spells cast from the giant are twice the size / have twice the area of effect.

• The Giant cannot be “buffed” with defensive spells like vampirism or invisibility or healed with “heal ring”.

|
    | [[/td] |
    | The Rules |

• When a giant of any class is selected, he is returned to his spawn point.

• Crafters and Buildmode are disabled.

• If a giant does not damage someone for 30 seconds, it’s health starts dropping fast.

• A team cannot earn points without a giant.

|
    | [[/td] |
    | The Points System |

• A giant earns the team 10 points for every minute they stay alive.

• A giant can also earn the team a single point by killing every two people.

• A player earns the team 15 points for killing a the giant.

|

• In this game mode, a player is selected at random to become the “giant”, the player earns points for the team by killing enemies. The rest of the team can earn points by keeping the giant alive or killing the opposing giant.

All Giant’s HPs are displayed on the HUD, along with the avatar of the user.

| The Giant |

• 5× Size

• 4× Health

• 2× Mana

• 0.25x Healing effect

• All spells cast from the giant are twice the size / have twice the area of effect.

• The Giant cannot be “buffed” with defensive spells like vampirism or invisibility or healed with “heal ring”.

|
    | [[/td] |
    | The Rules |

• When a giant of any class is selected, he is returned to his spawn point.

• Crafters and Buildmode are disabled.

• If a giant does not damage someone for 30 seconds, it’s health starts dropping fast.

• A team cannot earn points without a giant.

|
    | [[/td] |
    | The Points System |

• A giant earns the team 10 points for every minute they stay alive.

• A giant can also earn the team a single point by killing every two people.

• A player earns the team 15 points for killing a the giant.

|

• Banned

Sounds pretty interesting. Would bring some change after playing ctf only for a few days.

How about some extra points if the giant kills the enemy giant?

• I was thinking of making a VIP gamemode where a team votes for their VIP during a warmup. First team to kill the enemy VIP 15 times wins. In multi-team maps, 15 VIP deaths mean you get taken in as a slave. I don’t think that players should be selected at random to be a game objective.

• Both sound interesting. Giant would probably only work on maps like big desert. A small problem for VIP is build mode. People would end up building huge bases and it will be player vs. prop all over again. Without build mode there will be no warm-up round. I do completely agree that players should not be randomly selected.

• firstblood gets VIP?

• @deadly:

Both sound interesting. Giant would probably only work on maps like big desert. A small problem for VIP is build mode. People would end up building huge bases and it will be player vs. prop all over again. Without build mode there will be no warm-up round. I do completely agree that players should not be randomly selected.

It would be no-build with a 45 second warmup.

• I think that VIP being votable would make it pretty much impossible to win against certain teams. Whenever a player is the objective, another player should be selected on their death.

The giant/VIP should probably have an indicator. That prevents assassins from cloaking and hiding and such.

• Banned

Wouldn’t players just vote for some wizard/conjurer regulars in VIP? It’s already pretty hard to kill a good wizard/conjurer even without the half of his team protecting him.

This probably goes for Giant mode too.

• Perhaps the giant could be it’s own special class.

• @Blue.Frog:

I was thinking of making a VIP gamemode where a team votes for their VIP during a warmup. First team to kill the enemy VIP 15 times wins. In multi-team maps, 15 VIP deaths mean you get taken in as a slave. I don’t think that players should be selected at random to be a game objective.

My idea for random was that no-one feels more important than another for the whole game. In ‘VIP’ the game is pretty much decided on the VIP, whereas in Giant the whole team should get to be the objective.

Perhaps have no time-limit and rotate according to order people joined within the last 10 minutes.

• What about speed of the Giant? Does it increase in relation to his size? At 5x size it would be a fair amount easier to get a couple of wizards to death ray the giant.

• animations don’t scale their speed with size

it would visually look horrible when the giant moves or jumps around

• It would look visually hilarious, actually.  Maybe a size increase of 1.5x ~ 2x would be better.  That way the model would still fit in most buildings.  There might be hitbox issues anyway- a VIP would probably be less complicated and buggy.

• Can we get a gamemode that actually makes crafting useful? It’s starting to get on TP2 levels of uselesness now.

• Think of a good vehicle based gamemode other than ctf on bigcity.

• @Hell-met:

animations don’t scale their speed with size

it would visually look horrible when the giant moves or jumps around

Animations can be scaled.

@Dent:

Can we get a gamemode that actually makes crafting useful? It’s starting to get on TP2 levels of uselesness now.

That’s just stupid.

• @Someone:

Think of a good vehicle based gamemode other than ctf on bigcity.

king of the hill rover.

• Animations might be able to scale, but the default hitboxes don’t. Custom hitboxes might be possible with various hacky means.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.