Some minor things to make repairing the cade a bit easier

• Repairing a cade during waves 5+6 against 20+ zombies is pretty full-on. The main thing I remember is that you’re repairing a nail, the nail gets destroyed, and then you’re frantically looking at all the other nails while holding Shift trying to work out which one is getting damaged. You see it, but it’s already orange. You aim at it, are able to get a hit against it… and then that one is destroyed too. And then you look for the next one… etc.

Anyway,

1. Suggest when you hold shift to highlight nails, it also has a number showing the order nails will get damaged/were added to the prop (1st, 2nd, etc). So you are ready to repair the next nail when the one you’re working on is destroyed.

2. Suggest making the carpenters hammer buyable from the crate. At waves 5+6 you really need more people repairing the cade than you did during waves 1-3. Also, make the repair +30% perk buyable in the crate too. The idea is that your carpentry skills have increased drastically by repairing a cade during a zombie attack, as opposed to making props back in your workshop. Might also be a tactical choice for caders to decide whether buying the repair perk or another 2-3 nails will give more value for money in this particular match.

Perhaps if making the carp hammer buyable from the crate is unbalancing, maybe something else like an Allen Key could be buyable instead. The Allen key is 5 points, can’t add or remove nails, but can repair them.

• Repairing a cade during waves 5+6 against 20+ zombies is pretty full-on. The main thing I remember is that you’re repairing a nail, the nail gets destroyed, and then you’re frantically looking at all the other nails while holding Shift trying to work out which one is getting damaged. You see it, but it’s already orange. You aim at it, are able to get a hit against it… and then that one is destroyed too. And then you look for the next one… etc.

Anyway,

1. Suggest when you hold shift to highlight nails, it also has a number showing the order nails will get damaged/were added to the prop (1st, 2nd, etc). So you are ready to repair the next nail when the one you’re working on is destroyed.

2. Suggest making the carpenters hammer buyable from the crate. At waves 5+6 you really need more people repairing the cade than you did during waves 1-3. Also, make the repair +30% perk buyable in the crate too. The idea is that your carpentry skills have increased drastically by repairing a cade during a zombie attack, as opposed to making props back in your workshop. Might also be a tactical choice for caders to decide whether buying the repair perk or another 2-3 nails will give more value for money in this particular match.

Perhaps if making the carp hammer buyable from the crate is unbalancing, maybe something else like an Allen Key could be buyable instead. The Allen key is 5 points, can’t add or remove nails, but can repair them.

• 1. I think this is a good Idea, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

2. No, it forces people to think ahead, and I think personally it would remove strategy from the game.

I guess “allen key” is an allen wrench, but that doesn’t make any sense. Maybe something called rubber mallet or something, that would make more sense.

I’m not sure if it would be a good idea though, maybe if it repaired less and did less damage.

• @Prof:

I like it. The order of which the nails get damaged becomes seemingly unpredictable after a while, especially if they are not your own. This then ruins pace and once you lose track, zombies shred through the nails.

@Prof:

2. Suggest making the carpenters hammer buyable from the crate.

Not too onboard with this one. This, as PowerPinch points out, removes strategy from the game. People need to enter knowing what role they will play and what others will play. Open up the console and type "say " with your message to ask whose doing what before you choose your loadout. Once the time is up, you gotta make the most of it. Buying hammers tip the balance.

As for the “Allen Key”,its concept is feasible. A stripped down version of the hammer. But i’d say no for the same reasons for the normal hammer.

• Main reason why I suggest 2. is because at the start of the match it’s difficult to work out how many people have hammers. There’s no easy way to check before wave 1 starts that “cool, 4 people have hammers, I don’t need to start with one myself” or “crap, only 1 person has a hammer and he is unreliable, better get one myself”. And you do need a couple of backup people with hammers.

Another thing to keep in mind is whoever gets picked as zombie influences this as well. Sometimes the person making the cade (meaning he is at the front of the cade and is closest to the spawn) is chosen as zombie because he’s not paying attention and then suddenly you’re down one carp hammer that you were counting on.

• @drbroly:

I like it. The order of which the nails get damaged becomes seemingly unpredictable after a while, especially if they are not your own. This then ruins pace and once you lose track, zombies shred through the nails.

Not too onboard with this one. This, as PowerPinch points out, removes strategy from the game. People need to enter knowing what role they will play and what others will play. Open up the console and type "say " with your message to ask whose doing what before you choose your loadout. Once the time is up, you gotta make the most of it. Buying hammers tip the balance.

As for the “Allen Key”,its concept is feasible. A stripped down version of the hammer. But i’d say no for the same reasons for the normal hammer.

I agree people need to know they have to play a certain role at the start and can never deviate from that role as the game changes from 1/2 zombies to an actual survival mode.

They also need to learn every map inside and out so that they will survive of course.

• All I want is nails to be cheaper, it takes me 2-3 waves just getting enough repairment points to afford one nail.

• I agree, 15 points for a single nail is silly. They should be 5-7 points

• @JOHN:

I agree people need to know they have to play a certain role at the start and can never deviate from that role as the game changes from 1/2 zombies to an actual survival mode.

They also need to learn every map inside and out so that they will survive of course.

I still like the idea of seperate currencies for offense and defense.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.