Publish 321

• NoXiousNet Core / DB

• Added a bunch of emotes with animations attached to them. Most of them are signals. You can also use the numpad in most gamemodes to quickly use these emotes. You can also use /anim1 - /anim9

• Admins can use emotes without delay again.

• Stat tracking is now disabled or enabled depending on the maximum amount of players there were in the game. You can no longer mass-leave the game to have it so people don’t get their stats tracked for winning. For example, there’s at least 40 people playing at one point, you can’t have 21 people leave and have stats not tracked.

• Fixed duplicate suspensions letting people bypass being suspended. If there are two suspensions with the same punishment and person then it will use the active one.

Retro Team Play

• Rebalanced War Cry. It now only mana stuns for a second instead of 2.5 seconds but no longer locks the user in place.

• Rebalanced melee weapons. They now swing a bit slower but damage is unchanged.

• Removed Assault permanently.

Retro Team Play (Blue.Frog)

• Fixed blood boil kill credits, upped duration to 15 seconds, dropped mana to 30.

• Magus Shield protection is now 1:1.

Zombie Survival

• Reduced Poison Headcrab spit damage from 20 to 15.

• Fixed being able to create tons of arsenal crates.

• Made the help text for the hammer a little smaller.

• NoXiousNet Core / DB

• Added a bunch of emotes with animations attached to them. Most of them are signals. You can also use the numpad in most gamemodes to quickly use these emotes. You can also use /anim1 - /anim9

• Admins can use emotes without delay again.

• Stat tracking is now disabled or enabled depending on the maximum amount of players there were in the game. You can no longer mass-leave the game to have it so people don’t get their stats tracked for winning. For example, there’s at least 40 people playing at one point, you can’t have 21 people leave and have stats not tracked.

• Fixed duplicate suspensions letting people bypass being suspended. If there are two suspensions with the same punishment and person then it will use the active one.

Retro Team Play

• Rebalanced War Cry. It now only mana stuns for a second instead of 2.5 seconds but no longer locks the user in place.

• Rebalanced melee weapons. They now swing a bit slower but damage is unchanged.

Retro Team Play (Blue.Frog)

• Fixed blood boil kill credits, upped duration to 15 seconds, dropped mana to 30.

• Magus Shield protection is now 1:1.

Zombie Survival

• Reduced Poison Headcrab spit damage from 20 to 15.

• Fixed being able to create tons of arsenal crates.

• Made the help text for the hammer a little smaller.

• @JetBoom:

YES
    THANK YOU

• Interesting idea, animated emotes.

Now I don’t have to give a damn when zombies ragequit, nullifying my victory!

Unless Im on the zombie team. good god

Also, I look forward to seeing some animations.

• Uh, was there something wrong with Harvest?

• It was too focused on player vs props.

• RIP Assault

• Despite all its flaws, I’m going to miss assault.

Also, will Harvest be coming back?

• Assault won’t be missed. Playing “smack the propane tank till it explodes” was not too much fun.

• It’s too bad assault was removed, I really enjoyed playing it really.
    It was definitely the most fun for me, I wish it could have just been tweaked instead of being completely removed.
    Oh well.

• @StratocasterTB:

Despite all its flaws, I’m going to miss assault.

Also, will Harvest be coming back?

If I find a way to make it not player vs props. I lowered the goal to 15k and got rid of attacking to drain mana. The offense aspect of harvest is still killing enemy translocators and capacitors.

• I’m currently have a gamemode idea I’m thinking about, it’s really the core of progressive gameplay and the need of crafters to push forward. Slow paced strategy. But I need to think more about it.

• Could you give some rough outline of your ideas so far?  Input is always helpful, and I’m curious now.

• I liked assault shame it had to go really.

If I could have it replaced I’d want it to be something like you’ve got one team which can build props and has certain classes locked (assassin, dragoon, dreadnaut mostly rush in and attack classes) and this team has to build a base around their flag/whatever to protect it for the defending team.
    The attacking team has all classes unlocked except the builder and cannot build regular props during build time only deployables such as the spawn point, jump pads etc to try and give them an attacking advantage, this team has only got to get the defending teams flag back to their goal.
    All props on the map would have 2x their normal hp or just a modifier for maps where difficulty needs to be increased.

Capturing the flag/whatever from their base 3 times means you win, 30 minute matches and defenders win if they haven’t captured 3 times by the timelimit.

Just a more complex flag/whatever gamemode idea than ctf.

• @JetBoom:

NoXiousNet Core / DB

what the fuck.

• I can save you. Go play sandbox, spawn a propane tank and a crowbar. Hit the propane tank with the crowbar until you get bored.

• I will miss assualt. I will miss assualt in 09 even more, doing 1k damage to the core with just sun beam and lighting staff spam. I dislike how it changed to warriors rushing the core. Well maybe harvest can fill that void for me. That is if it ever is released.

• Warriors in Assault always reminded me of antibodies attacking a foreign microbe. admittedly i did not have much fun funneling mana to it etc etc. ctf forts are more fun. actually ctf is more fun in general. makes my heart pump.

• @Someone:

I can save you. Go play sandbox, spawn a propane tank and a crowbar. Hit the propane tank with the crowbar until you get bored.

assault was not like that
    you had to kill the mana shielding it and defense

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.