Dead Space 2

• -Single player: Not that much different from the first game. Again not scary, just a few jolt moments with tons of darkness. Fun gameplay, keeps the pressure on you, very diffucult even on normal.

-Multiplayer: Pros: Fast paced. Encourages team work for both teams. Fun being necromorphs.
    Cons: Unoriginal ranking system. Balancing issues. Buggy hit detection. Lack of necromorph classes. Laggy.

Overall: Fun game,Multiplayer needs a few patches, but i honestly didn’t expect much from the multiplayer, This isn’t the first time EA’s multiplayer games dissapointed me.

• -Single player: Not that much different from the first game. Again not scary, just a few jolt moments with tons of darkness. Fun gameplay, keeps the pressure on you, very diffucult even on normal.

-Multiplayer: Pros: Fast paced. Encourages team work for both teams. Fun being necromorphs.
    Cons: Unoriginal ranking system. Balancing issues. Buggy hit detection. Lack of necromorph classes. Laggy.

Overall: Fun game,Multiplayer needs a few patches, but i honestly didn’t expect much from the multiplayer, This isn’t the first time EA’s multiplayer games dissapointed me.

• This isn’t the first time EA’s multiplayer games dissapointed me.

EA didn’t develop it.

• Why would you play multiplayer?

I was just glad there was another actually difficult game out.  And the ending was surprisingly unpredictable, though I may just be really dumb.  Either way I liked it.

It was done really well, I think.  I liked it more than the retard-easy first one.

• I had fun with it, Dead space 1 was my game of the year back in ….whatever year it came out.

Dead Space 2 was more of the same, but a little more askew towards action, rather than horror.

Multiplayer I didn’t touch, due to me having to swap my one ethernet cord from my PC to my system, would be too arduous of a task for me.

• @JetBoom:

EA didn’t develop it.

Oops

• EA basically developed it.  Visceral Games is EA Redwood Shores.    They just develop the gory, freaky games for EA.  ( Excluding System Shock )

Their non-online multiplayer is usually good, though.  Both in their racers and some of their shooters.  I liked army of two, personally.  And Medal of Honor seems popular.

• All different developers, it’s like saying saying that the people that developed Quake 4 / Rage are the same people that made Fallout New Vagas / Skyrim.

• Learn the difference between publishers and developers.

• What I’m saying is that Visceral Games is EA.  They are an in-house developer.

• They are different programmers and other developers. Different developers, deal with it.

• I’m not going to touch Hard Core until I get down all the spawns and the best places to use the saves.
    Or until EAVisceral fixes PC not having hand cannon

• THIS POST CONTAINS POTENTIAL SPOILERS LOL

Well, for Hardcore, I’m using my first save right before the end of Chapter 5.  The Tormentor can be rough, and that way, if you die in the elevator in the solar array, you only have to make up two chapters.    Next save is right after you send Ellie off in the gunship, because after you let the Necromorphs into the Government sector shit gets hardcore.  And then right before the last boss, that’s where you need to use the last one, obviously.  Fuck Nicole.

But yeah.  The Ubermorph is rough, but I think that section doesn’t deserve a save.  Make sure not to fuck with the fan, though- it’s not worth risking it to shove 'im into the fan.

In terms of weapons, the Seeker Rifle is mandatory.  I’m gonna use it, the Pulse Rifle, Line Gun, and Plasma Cutter.  I hope I can upgrade them enough, though.  Scarcity of
    nodes is actually my biggest worry.  I KNOW that the unlockable caches are going to be really important.

I’m not going to attempt it until I get good enough at the game to do a fresh run on Zealot and win, though.  I plan on running New Game + a ton for practice.  May wind up doing all the difficulties in order.

God, this game is satisfying.  I haven’t really wanted to do a new game + in ages.  If I beat it on hardcore and don’t retroactively receive the Cannon, though, I’m going to be pretty fucking mad.  It’s one of those things you only want to do once.

• Yeah, I was thinking of doing that route or not saving til chapter 10 then using the other two saves around 11/12 and 14/15, due to the chapters being somewhat shorter.
    Someone I knew used his first save right before the first tripod and kept getting killed by one exploding derp in the TST section.

Right now I’m throwing everything at necromorphs while going through a second time on survivalist, need to start conserving ammo.

• One thing that wasn’t clear to me was whether suit upgrading damage impacted the damage from throwing things.  Either way, yeah, I barely used it at all my first playthrough…  I wound up with so little ammo I had to forfeit the last boss and turn down my difficulty.  Best moment in the game was in the segment where you have to outrun the spinning energy beams-  I ran into a room, shot off a thing’s arm, pinned it with it, took its arm, nailed a crawler, took its leg, killed a puker.  One shot, three kills.  Feels good.

• First time through I played on Normal, barely had anything at the end between the chase and the final boss section - and absolutely zero health. Had to go back through spamming stasis.
    Buying the Advanced Suit was the worst thing I have ever done. I had the Zealot suit for christ’s sake and I spent 40K on a suit that changed nothing.

• I did not have time to do a Hardcore run, but if I ever do I just know Im going to have to use/waste one of my saves right before the spinning marker laser room.

Not that I have problems timing such things, but the idea of having to go through that drill sequence again because my dumbass runs into a OHkill would be enough to drive me to never beat it.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.