Zs Pharmacy Walkthrough

• After having played pharmacy a couple of times, it occurred to me that not everyone knows the map, and running from zombies at the same time leaves 0 time to try and figure out the puzzles i set up. This is for those people.

before the walk-through, there are a couple of loadouts preferences i find particularly helpful while running for you life.
    1. Never get slowness or weakness
    2. melee weapons are practically useless, but if you are going to get one, get a shovel.
    3. Have at least 3 dependable people with arsenal crates, hammers, and/or medkits.
    4. Everyone should have a gun.
    5. Extra flashlights ARE important. Especially with this map.
    5.Surged and other speed buffs aren’t needed. You’ll never be able to get that much farther than the rest of the group, and you need their help just as much as they need yours.

But anyway, On with the walk-through:

As the map begins, the back door of the Pharmacy opens up to a cramped blue hallway.
    Here the path splits into two part. You can either take the flooded basement route(through the floor windows, much more difficult to do with many people) Or continue across the hallway along the much easier route. From now on, we’ll call the basement people Group1, and the others Group2

Almost immediatly before going anywhere, Group 1 is already stuck trying to get up a staircase, for which they will need to stack props. And group2 is in a position to help out. The little padlock that is shining can be shot off, allowing Group1 to continue.

At the next roadblock, Group2 is stuck behind a wooden wall and it is Group1’s turn to help out. Group 1 must again stack props in order to get into position to shoot the second lock off(The wooden board*). Afterwards, both groups will be free to continue, and even regroup/redistribute. From here the group will have to split up again though, either upstairs or jump through a broken wall of wood. (same room)

Shortly afterwords, the group that continued up the stairs will climb out onto a thin balcony but be stuck behind a green cabinet. The group that decided to leap through the wooden wall of fire will be able to help out by pushing the cabinet out of the way (+use it)

Around the corner, the balcony group will be able to assist the other group by pushing this vending machine out of the way.

As the group of humans makes its way down the flooded elevator shaft, they will find a partially lit room next to a completely black one. Inside this black room will be the main power switch. use it.

Once the door lock has been re-powered, the humans are greeted with a wall of fire. Good thing there’s that fire extinguisher on the wall.

The humans will then step into a very confusing collapsing building with three different paths. This is where a lot of people have trouble. Either way you want to split into three groups and carry the battery from one room to the other, powering the generator and hitting the switch.

As the humans continue through the building they are blocked by a large water heater. This doesn’t make any sense at all, but shoot it to explode the wall into the next area. It won’t hurt you.

Humans will then make their way down into the subway, being greeted by their first checkpoint. Take your time to heal/reload/build a barricade. You’re gonna need it. Start the generator to continue.

After the door breaks open, humans rush through the back parts of the city, eventually making their way into a small kitchen. This physics contraption can be activated by removing the blue shelf from the mess of props. be wary though, the next area is an area in a dark diner. You’ll find plenty of weapons scattered around to aid you.

After breaking out of the diner, humans can make their way to the top of the building through a stairwell right next-door.

Once the humans manage to make their way through the fiery hotel, they can make their way again onto a thin balcony right outside a broken window.

From here, there is a loose pillar overlooking the balcony and the other building. but to knock it over, keep an eye out for an explosive barrel positioned right at the top.

Again the humans make their way into a towering inferno. It’s pretty straightforward, shoot the explosive barrel to continue forward. Careful! This one will hurt you!

Coming up is a locked staircase that can be brought down by shooting the wooden boards off of it. Afterwords, climb up and continue your journey through the bruning building. It’s pretty easy.

Right after leaving the building you were just in, you’ll pass shortly through another building leading into a tiny alleyway. There’s a ladder leading back up to the main street.

Continue running through the cars until you reach a bridge, there’s a ladder to the right. Careful not to fall! The humans can then make their way to the open door down-street.

Making their way through the tiny building, the humans find a small combine outpost. The door is locked so you’ll have to reroute the power to open it up. This is another barricade spot! Hopefully you still have people alive with hammers! Activate the combine panel when ready.

The next room leads to a broken staircase. Stack up some boxes to get up.

Humans make their way through the combine outpost eventually getting to the hub of the station. They/You should be coming out of the windows and there is a ladder to your left. This is a big arena. There is no place to cade but with so many fences, it should be easy to bullet-wall until the door is open.

You’re nearing the train station, use the wheel to continue on.

loading the rest

• After having played pharmacy a couple of times, it occurred to me that not everyone knows the map, and running from zombies at the same time leaves 0 time to try and figure out the puzzles i set up. This is for those people.

before the walk-through, there are a couple of loadouts preferences i find particularly helpful while running for you life.
    1. Never get slowness or weakness
    2. melee weapons are practically useless, but if you are going to get one, get a shovel.
    3. Have at least 3 dependable people with arsenal crates, hammers, and/or medkits.
    4. Everyone should have a gun.
    5. Extra flashlights ARE important. Especially with this map.
    5.Surged and other speed buffs aren’t needed. You’ll never be able to get that much farther than the rest of the group, and you need their help just as much as they need yours.

But anyway, On with the walk-through:

As the map begins, the back door of the Pharmacy opens up to a cramped blue hallway.
    Here the path splits into two part. You can either take the flooded basement route(through the floor windows, much more difficult to do with many people) Or continue across the hallway along the much easier route. From now on, we’ll call the basement people Group1, and the others Group2

Almost immediatly before going anywhere, Group 1 is already stuck trying to get up a staircase, for which they will need to stack props. And group2 is in a position to help out. The little padlock that is shining can be shot off, allowing Group1 to continue.

At the next roadblock, Group2 is stuck behind a wooden wall and it is Group1’s turn to help out. Group 1 must again stack props in order to get into position to shoot the second lock off(The wooden board*). Afterwards, both groups will be free to continue, and even regroup/redistribute. From here the group will have to split up again though, either upstairs or jump through a broken wall of wood. (same room)

Shortly afterwords, the group that continued up the stairs will climb out onto a thin balcony but be stuck behind a green cabinet. The group that decided to leap through the wooden wall of fire will be able to help out by pushing the cabinet out of the way (+use it)

Around the corner, the balcony group will be able to assist the other group by pushing this vending machine out of the way.

As the group of humans makes its way down the flooded elevator shaft, they will find a partially lit room next to a completely black one. Inside this black room will be the main power switch. use it.

Once the door lock has been re-powered, the humans are greeted with a wall of fire. Good thing there’s that fire extinguisher on the wall.

The humans will then step into a very confusing collapsing building with three different paths. This is where a lot of people have trouble. Either way you want to split into three groups and carry the battery from one room to the other, powering the generator and hitting the switch.

As the humans continue through the building they are blocked by a large water heater. This doesn’t make any sense at all, but shoot it to explode the wall into the next area. It won’t hurt you.

Humans will then make their way down into the subway, being greeted by their first checkpoint. Take your time to heal/reload/build a barricade. You’re gonna need it. Start the generator to continue.

After the door breaks open, humans rush through the back parts of the city, eventually making their way into a small kitchen. This physics contraption can be activated by removing the blue shelf from the mess of props. be wary though, the next area is an area in a dark diner. You’ll find plenty of weapons scattered around to aid you.

After breaking out of the diner, humans can make their way to the top of the building through a stairwell right next-door.

Once the humans manage to make their way through the fiery hotel, they can make their way again onto a thin balcony right outside a broken window.

From here, there is a loose pillar overlooking the balcony and the other building. but to knock it over, keep an eye out for an explosive barrel positioned right at the top.

Again the humans make their way into a towering inferno. It’s pretty straightforward, shoot the explosive barrel to continue forward. Careful! This one will hurt you!

Coming up is a locked staircase that can be brought down by shooting the wooden boards off of it. Afterwords, climb up and continue your journey through the bruning building. It’s pretty easy.

Right after leaving the building you were just in, you’ll pass shortly through another building leading into a tiny alleyway. There’s a ladder leading back up to the main street.

Continue running through the cars until you reach a bridge, there’s a ladder to the right. Careful not to fall! The humans can then make their way to the open door down-street.

Making their way through the tiny building, the humans find a small combine outpost. The door is locked so you’ll have to reroute the power to open it up. This is another barricade spot! Hopefully you still have people alive with hammers! Activate the combine panel when ready.

The next room leads to a broken staircase. Stack up some boxes to get up.

Humans make their way through the combine outpost eventually getting to the hub of the station. They/You should be coming out of the windows and there is a ladder to your left. This is a big arena. There is no place to cade but with so many fences, it should be easy to bullet-wall until the door is open.

You’re nearing the train station, use the wheel to continue on.

loading the rest

• Humans go left, zombies spawn right. Run!!

There is a staircase in the bathroom leading into the next area.

You have now reached the trainstation. I SUGGEST YOU BUILD A BARRICADE (this is the last area. If your barricade falls, there is no hope…). The first thing you’ll need to do is activate the control panel (to the left)

Zombies only come out of this door*

To get to the panel, you’ll need to stack props up to get passed this tiny obstacle.

Once the control panel has been activated, and the main door unlocked. activate the radio! but wait! there is a power surge and you’ll have to reconnect the wires where they snapped.

Atop this flooded maintenance room you’ll find the power cord, ready to be re-attached. I call this room Obby-in-the-dark. Remember, you only need one person to complete the objectives. Everyone else should be defending.

Reactivate the radio to call the train.

Don’t forget to release the brakes!

Double post because timeout

• Helpful.

• I really don’t understand where to go at the end when the force field is down.

All I see is a massive shitpile behind a wagon.

Also why is the escaping train on fire

• this is the best map on the server, why cant the refresh time be switched to 30 minutes instead of 4 hours just for this map.

• I haven’t played this yet, but now suddenly I really want to.

I’d love to see walkthroughs similar to this for all zs maps… cades in different places and how long they last etc.

• I think this is the only map that needs a walkthrough.

• Remember that zs has a very high learning curve. I think once you were talking about how the_pub was supposed to flow (cade ground floor door and windows for wave 1, then later retreat and seize 2nd floor from the fasties, then run to the gas station/hills on wave 6). That’s complicated enough to need a walkthrough. For the same reason this thread was made - so new people are aware of the gameplan. Has the_pub been won in the last few months? What was the gameplan/what did the cade look like?

I would also like to see what a successful strategy for raunchiesthouse is (when was the last time that was won)? And this map below (vulture?). I mean seriously, the entire house is covered in poison headcrab-friendly windows.

• That map has never been won.

• Publish this as thumbnails with those descriptions on the NoXiousNet Wiki, along with it’s map profile. Have it linked to as a new button in the votemap menu for objective based maps.

• Good walkthrough, though i did find that it was difficult to figure out initially what to do.

Also wanted to add that it’s an incredible map, and I hope you make more like it.

• By the way, a lot of things still work in singleplayer. I suggest playing through it at least once to get an idea of things.

• What does it mean by switching the controller port to Slot 2

• You have to get the actual disk case for the konami code. It’s on the back.

• I’ll get a fix for tomorrow after i figure out what went wrong. Sorry for the easy win.

• Because there’s no timer in the top left of the screen, I’d really like to see a progress bar in the corner that goes from 0% to 100% as humans advance through the map and finish objectives. That way you get a measure for how far through the match humans made it etc.

Was also a little suprised at the length - I think a match of zs is usually 35-40 minutes, while this took ~15 minutes. Well made though.

• “This map is disabled because zombies spawn 20 minutes away”

:gaben:

• Admittedly, that is a very good reason to disable a map.

@Prof:

Because there’s no timer in the top left of the screen, I’d really like to see a progress bar in the corner that goes from 0% to 100% as humans advance through the map and finish objectives. That way you get a measure for how far through the match humans made it etc.

Was also a little suprised at the length - I think a match of zs is usually 35-40 minutes, while this took ~15 minutes. Well made though.

There’s been some talk about it playing through multiple times, or having a shorter wait time.  It’s fast-paced and fun.

In terms of the progress meter, maybe  it could be overlaid with the time left for certain objectives to be completed.  I think it adds something to holding out in a corner if you know you just have to hang on ten seconds before you can bolt.

• new arrows to guide new players

and i gave the next version to Jetboom
    http://www.filefront.com/17907565/zs_obj_pharmacy_v10.zip

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.