Focus

• I have started to notice my ADD is catching up with my academics and that my Herbal Medicine is loosing effectiveness.
    Any ideas on what I should do to increase my focus, only thing is I refuse to take Adderall or any Harmful Medicine.
    Not having focus usually also makes me beyond lazy and unmotivated in most things I do.

• I have started to notice my ADD is catching up with my academics and that my Herbal Medicine is loosing effectiveness.
    Any ideas on what I should do to increase my focus, only thing is I refuse to take Adderall or any Harmful Medicine.
    Not having focus usually also makes me beyond lazy and unmotivated in most things I do.

• Sleep more often(or longer hours). Don’t eat shit.

• Actually I am now considering Amphetamine’s , can I drop it if I feel my attitude and behavior changes as to go back to how I was originally?

• I can see why you would be reluctant to take prescription medications for this sort of thing, but trust me, it helps. A lot.

• eat healthier, get a good amount of rest, exercise.

but yeah, adderall does work.

• It works… but the side effects could outweigh the benefits.
    I was put on amphetamines as a young teen, and it certainly did help me.
    Though it impacted my eating habits heavily, and the amphetamines made me clinch my jaw a lot (natural side effect) and caused some dental damage, nothing too serious thankfully. The jaw clinching normally doesn’t affect most people, and generally occurs with higher doses.
    At about 16 I made the choice not to take it anymore and just learned how to control it.
    If you do start amphetamine treatment, get your doctor to prescribe you the lowest dosage (which he probably will do anyway)

Try limiting your sugar and other stimulant intake such as caffeine, though I am pretty sure you already do this.

And yes, you can drop the meds anytime you want. There are withdrawal effects, but these usually occur with high dose and chronic use.
    You shouldn’t have extreme withdrawals with a low dose.
    May I ask, what herbal supplements were you taking?

• Heres what you do. Get off the fucking computer. Whip out your hw and dont stop working on it till its finished. Seriously its not something you need medication for.

• @Numb3rs:

May I ask, what herbal supplements were you taking?

Dr. Schulze Super Food Pills
    and
    Dr. Schulze Brain Formula

Rover, easier said then done, It’s not really homework, it is more like in class lectures and test taking, and I have attempted taking the PC out of my room and storing it away, only to realize 1/2 my work is always online and requires a computer and even if I don’t need the PC I still end up finding ways not to do work.

• No, it really is that easy.

Watch. Oh look, I have materials and vector calculus homework to do before class today at 2. I estimate its gonna take me two hours for each assignment. I’ll start now and have an hour to fuck around with. Toodles…

• I don’t see what’s hard about : homework first, fuck around later.

If you can’t do that then have at least a list of things to do and make it a habit to go carefully through the list to make sure you’ve done everything.

• I have tried lists, I have had certain sections of time and months where I was on top of my class and other times where I am at the bottom, I just can’t find myself to be consistent.

• You need to be habitual about your behavior

• Eating better is really the only non-medical approch i am aware of, but it does work.

• Eating healthier is the only non medical approach to being productive? What are you fucking retarded? Are you all mentally retarded?

• Eat better and exercise. you’ll have more energy and be feel better, which would probably make give your more motivation to get stuff done, and maybe some confidence in yourself?

asfagsdfsafs

• I think it might deal with the GPA’s required to get into Colleges drastically rising and during my freshmen year, it wasn’t that bad so I fucked up but decided that next year I could catch up, only to find out the Average GPA for alot of good colleges near by and out far are rising.

• Most of your problem is probably assuming you have a disorder, you aren’t special, most adults have an in-lecture attention span of about 10 minutes you’re just lazy trust me I know lazy just force yourself to take notes even if you don’t have to take them, but don’t write down every word that is said, it helps if you make up wierd ways to take the notes while you do it, if you are really serious about school dumb “attention disorders” won’t matter.  fuck yeah run-on.

• maybe he just needs to get laid, could help… maybe…

• I wonder how someone with add jerks off. If it’s possible

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.