Upcoming map poll

• I started a couple of projects the past month hoping to be able to switch between them whenever I got bored of another, (usually what i do). The problem now is that I’m so determined about each project that whenever I have time to map I’m stuck trying to decide what map to continue working on.

They’re are objective maps, and they’re completely different from each other AND pharmacy. But I’d like to know what type of objective map (or none at all) you’d like completed first.

Zs_Bandicoot is a project I started about two weeks ago. It started out as another attempt at making zs_timewarp, but after I got further into it (and now that XSI is free and I can model again). It quickly turned into zs__nostalgia_. An example of what modeling has allowed me to do: The stone roof and floor of the two images. I had already begun this project when AtomiC wrote his NaughtyDog thread, completely taking me off-guard.

The general idea behind it is to venture into each of the 8 levels(one level at a time) collecting crystals to progress further. Other ideas came up such as bonus crystals that make the final level (9) much easier/give you weapons/ammo/health. Certain ‘run away from giant boulder’ events seem impossible, but I’m sure I can find a kinky way of pulling it off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1iGKagpWt4

Zs_City_Apocolypse has been in progress much longer than bandicoot, however since it’s in a general sense “not following any guidelines” I have to build the outline first. Imagine it like zs_pharmacy, but all in one general area placed around this headquarters building. It’s going to look almost like a Fallout3-esque city; (crumbling roads/ broken down buildings) and eventually I’m going to flesh out the insides of all the buildings, giving it a very fluid-like play-style; but until now I thought that to be impossible. Now that I can model I can fully anticipate releasing this as an almost sequel to pharmacy.

I don’t have any in-game photo’s, (mainly because I’m not at the texturing/lighting steps of building) but here are some shots of hammer edito just to give you a feel of how ‘big’ it’s going to be.

(No, I haven’t finished putting up all the buildings yet. This kind of map takes a lot of planning)

Zs_boatwars actually came to mind today while playing ZS, (yeah zs_swimmingpool). The idea behind this map is to build a boat out of random wooden props scattered around the floor and try and survive long enough, defending against zombies while staying out of the dangerous water. It’ll be tough to make, but I’m sure it’ll be pretty crazy. This map is in no way going to be serious at all, but for fuck’s sake people love Final Destination just as a break from sitting in a tiny room and shooting every now and again.

I don’t have any media on this map, but as an idea, it should be pretty fun.

Zs_obj_<secret>
    No, this won’t be zs_timewarp. Not yet, but that map will come… in time

I still don’t know what i was trying to do here

• I started a couple of projects the past month hoping to be able to switch between them whenever I got bored of another, (usually what i do). The problem now is that I’m so determined about each project that whenever I have time to map I’m stuck trying to decide what map to continue working on.

They’re are objective maps, and they’re completely different from each other AND pharmacy. But I’d like to know what type of objective map (or none at all) you’d like completed first.

Zs_Bandicoot is a project I started about two weeks ago. It started out as another attempt at making zs_timewarp, but after I got further into it (and now that XSI is free and I can model again). It quickly turned into zs__nostalgia_. An example of what modeling has allowed me to do: The stone roof and floor of the two images. I had already begun this project when AtomiC wrote his NaughtyDog thread, completely taking me off-guard.

The general idea behind it is to venture into each of the 8 levels(one level at a time) collecting crystals to progress further. Other ideas came up such as bonus crystals that make the final level (9) much easier/give you weapons/ammo/health. Certain ‘run away from giant boulder’ events seem impossible, but I’m sure I can find a kinky way of pulling it off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1iGKagpWt4

Zs_City_Apocolypse has been in progress much longer than bandicoot, however since it’s in a general sense “not following any guidelines” I have to build the outline first. Imagine it like zs_pharmacy, but all in one general area placed around this headquarters building. It’s going to look almost like a Fallout3-esque city; (crumbling roads/ broken down buildings) and eventually I’m going to flesh out the insides of all the buildings, giving it a very fluid-like play-style; but until now I thought that to be impossible. Now that I can model I can fully anticipate releasing this as an almost sequel to pharmacy.

I don’t have any in-game photo’s, (mainly because I’m not at the texturing/lighting steps of building) but here are some shots of hammer edito just to give you a feel of how ‘big’ it’s going to be.

(No, I haven’t finished putting up all the buildings yet. This kind of map takes a lot of planning)

Zs_boatwars actually came to mind today while playing ZS, (yeah zs_swimmingpool). The idea behind this map is to build a boat out of random wooden props scattered around the floor and try and survive long enough, defending against zombies while staying out of the dangerous water. It’ll be tough to make, but I’m sure it’ll be pretty crazy. This map is in no way going to be serious at all, but for fuck’s sake people love Final Destination just as a break from sitting in a tiny room and shooting every now and again.

I don’t have any media on this map, but as an idea, it should be pretty fun.

Zs_obj_<secret>
    No, this won’t be zs_timewarp. Not yet, but that map will come… in time

I still don’t know what i was trying to do here

• Forget all of these and make zs_rainbowride.

• Perhaps instead of making a zs map, you could make an obby like map for a sandbox type event. Hell, crash bandicoot and mario 64 were 3d platform games so a have 40 players run around and complete different objectives would work much better and possibly be easier to map for because you wouldn’t have to worry about making the map zs-able.

• Like Team-Obby?

how will that work with rewards, etc.?

• @Modestyiswimpy:

Like Team-Obby?

first team to get all their players across the finish line wins.

• Say you port rainbow ride over. There are 6 stars in it. People split up and go after the different stars. Awards could be given to whoever gets a star or gets the most coins, etc.

• @Someone:

Perhaps instead of making a zs map, you could make an obby like map for a sandbox type event.

Let’s have a map that’s actually used more than once, kay?

• RainbowRide sounds like it would be better suited for teamplay’s hovercycles.

• It’d be pretty cool if the Bandicoot stage had it to where, if the humans open the Aku Aku boxes (requiring several melee attacks) the human who opens it gets the mask floating around them to block one or two zombie hits.

Though I know nothing of map making, so my suggestion could be improbable and/or dumb for all I know.

• modesty4president

• @Sidec:

It’d be pretty cool if the Bandicoot stage had it to where, if the humans open the Aku Aku boxes (requiring several melee attacks) the human who opens it gets the mask floating around them to block one or two zombie hits.

Though I know nothing of map making, so my suggestion could be improbable and/or dumb for all I know.

That would require a lot of effort to make. Maybe it could just give a health boost.

• @Sidec:

It’d be pretty cool if the Bandicoot stage had it to where, if the humans open the Aku Aku boxes (requiring several melee attacks) the human who opens it gets the mask floating around them to block one or two zombie hits.

Yeah don’t do that. Objective maps are cool but don’t change the game mechanics.

• Banned

When will you make xeno_v2?

• Not quite finished, and the texture is temporary, but you get the idea.

• Boat wars sound interesting specially if you give everyone hammers and scatter floating barrels and shelves around the map to make a boat easier instead of just wooden planks

• that was the idea

• But O^n² boats caused there to be a 4 prop limit on a nailed “contraption.”

• i hope we get a boating license with these boatsHurr Swimmingpool true story

Anyways your work is amazing keep up the good work :D

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.