Beyond Black Mesa

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrH5tfWorg&feature=player_embedded#

Short film that follows Adrian Sheperd (from HL: Opposing Force) and the beginnings of the rebellion 5 years after the Black Mesa Incident. It’s pretty damn good.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrH5tfWorg&feature=player_embedded#

Short film that follows Adrian Sheperd (from HL: Opposing Force) and the beginnings of the rebellion 5 years after the Black Mesa Incident. It’s pretty damn good.

• In a post-apocalyptic world, male protagonists still find time to get perfect haircuts. Fat Asian kids run really fast.

Well, it’s visually very interesting, and I think any film fan can appreciate the special effects that were used.
    For something that was clearly low budget, they did a good job with post production.

As for as storyline and plot devices go it makes no sense, but I won’t be more of an ass and pick it apart–

At least there was as decently tight-assed female.

• I thought it was pretty good but needs more episodes.

• The zombies bothered me, but that fight scene with adrian and the cop with the sword was pretty well choreographed.

• I didn’t mind the zombie scene that much, but the swordfight thing really annoyed me. However, it would have been acceptable if he had a stunstick.

• Cool effects, zero plot.

Too many dumb references. A crowbar? Really?

• trained soldiers have horrible aim with their fully auto weapons, but a fat asian kid running can pull a headshot over his shoulder.

also, a sword?

and they would of raped her.

• It looks absolutely horrendous. Adrian Shepard is a skinny break-dancer, whom minces his way through (I assume) City 17 with terrible voice over narrative and zombies with no headcrabs, fresh out of Left 4 Dead.

I do not mean to be negative, but have you folks even looked at the Credits? See snippet below; (http://beyondblackmesa.com/?page_id=17)

_BRIAN CURTIN:
    DIRECTOR
    PRODUCER
    EDITOR
    EVERYTHING

ART DIRECTOR Fueled by his passion for Half-Life, Brian would like to dedicate the past 2 years to the destruction of his retinas. + Chronic perfectionist

• Former black belt in breakdancing
    • Secretly hopes that a zombie outbreak will occur _

This is one massive ego fueled trip for the great Mr Curtain (notice the credential ‘Everything’), whom apparently is superhuman, has a brilliant sense of humor and has the cheek to cast himself as a legendary enigmatic figure from the Half-Life universe, failing miserably to connect with the audience and the character from the series. Keanu reeves playing as Ted “Theodore” Logan would do a better job.

I suppose casting himself as an ‘average joe’ Rebel was too much for his acting talent (and his massive head) to endure.

It also looks like he cannot decide on whether he wishes to be Angel from that Buffy series, or Jack Bauer. Valve will (hopefully) throw this out the window.

This is better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo

• why are zombies all of a sudden always the “28 days later” style.

• Because zombies can’t exist but a “super-rage” virus can.

• I hate when movies have “super soldiers” that can’t even shoot a door from 10 feet away.

• Didn’t the beta have combine with swords? I imagined they took liberties with that, since it was just cut from the actual game. The crowbar made me roll my eyes, I liked that he held the wrench for 10 seconds at least, being Adrian and all. Also they should have invested in that filter that lets you alter the build of people on screen, Adrian Shepherd was a big guy.

• @Zetanor:

Because zombies can’t exist but a “super-rage” virus can.

Indeed. Check the link in my post above,this looks much more promising.

At least we can be assured that the Cast and Director have done their homework and are wearing the correct clothing, seemingly decent plot, sanctioned by Valve as ‘pretty good’ and looks much more realistic, rather than Beyond Black Mesa, or as I like to call it;

‘Adrian Shepard and how I escaped some frothing retards and looked good in my designer clothing because I actually never played any Half Life games, but I did play Left 4 Dead and thats the same right? 
    but it’s ok because nobody will notice me jumping on a cash cow for some cheap fame they will just look at my stupid break-dance moves in a fight scene.’

Because that’s what Adrian Shepard, a survivor of the Black Mesa incident would do, he would bust some moves,
    dodging all incoming gunfire then somehow warp space-time with his
    “black belt in break dancing” to ether escape or kill 40 Combine.

• Do all your posts now come with a completely unrelated but hilarious picture and/or .gif now, Slowsun?

• Why can’t they?

• @Dr.:

Do all your posts now come with a completely unrelated but hilarious picture and/or .gif now, Slowsun?

That picture is completely related Dr. This is exactly what I did the moment the main actor started break dancing. Coupled with the incessant, droning narrative it was all too much for my already strained mind.

• I liked the grenades.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.