On the subject of ages and the respect they get

• I couldn’t help but notice an influx of “troll” threads in which one of the main factors of why <insert trolled here> is “dumb” is because they’re of ages 12-16 or something of the such. I’ve just been noticing it a lot more as of late and I’m just curious what everyone’s take on the whole deal is. I understand why people commonly assert 12 year olds to “whinny little annoying faggots” but I’ve seen it go so far as to a fairly decent person get categorized as “Idiot” based off their age more than what they say/do.

Not entirely sure where I am going with this, but it’s just something I’ve been noticing more as of late not just in the forums, but overall across the web.

• I couldn’t help but notice an influx of “troll” threads in which one of the main factors of why <insert trolled here> is “dumb” is because they’re of ages 12-16 or something of the such. I’ve just been noticing it a lot more as of late and I’m just curious what everyone’s take on the whole deal is. I understand why people commonly assert 12 year olds to “whinny little annoying faggots” but I’ve seen it go so far as to a fairly decent person get categorized as “Idiot” based off their age more than what they say/do.

Not entirely sure where I am going with this, but it’s just something I’ve been noticing more as of late not just in the forums, but overall across the web.

• Less life experience, brain still in development, high pitched voice, less knowledgeable.
    Also “I’m more mature than most kids my age” is one of the fucking dumbest things I have ever heard.

• I understand your first 3 points, but what’s to say, for example, a 13 year old can’t be knowledgeable? What’s to say someone can’t be more mature than what’s commonly thought of for their age? I just have trouble understanding it.

• I think it’s just Cheezewhiz getting bored and googleing random people.

• @Dr.:

What’s to say someone can’t be more mature than what’s commonly thought of for their age?

Because when you call them on their age that’s the argument they ALMOST always use. How can you be more mature than your age if EVERYONE says they are more mature than their age.

• @Someone:

I think it’s just Cheezewhiz getting bored and googleing random people.

:reeeeeh:
    Who says I need to be bored to do that?

• Age is only brought up if someone is always super retarded.

• Speaking of retards and age, how old are you?

• Typical middle schooler “I am gangster I do drugs and own bitches and money etc nd i know people so respect me k thx also oyster of world”. I was never like that. Freshing should be a promoted imo.

What the hell is going on these days?

• @Heavy:

Typical middle schooler “I am gangster I do drugs and own bitches and money etc nd i know people so respect me k thx also oyster of world”. I was never like that. Freshing should be a promoted imo.

What the hell is going on these days?

I saw some people who were 13, 14 or 15 (whatever) and they were drinking vodka , smoking and taking drugs in the street, but here drinking is part of the country culture( fuck SL)
    –-
    they just want to ‘act cool’ and what you said.

• @Someone:

Speaking of retards and age, how old are you?

this

• @PowerPinch:

Less life experience, brain still in development, high pitched voice, less knowledgeable.
    Also “I’m more mature than most kids my age” is one of the fucking dumbest things I have ever heard.

Sorry but this kid seems to have more life experience, brain development and is more knowledgeable than you PowerPinch.

• I don’t know why you’re taking shots at me, It’s not like I’m saying this guy is dumb or anything, I was just saying why I hate most kids online.
    Besides, you and I don’t really converse one to one at all so it’s not like you really know me all that well.

Also Somone, RDJ, he said he was 15 in another thread when it was mentioned the kid being trolled was 14.

• He was referring to pyramid head. :unicorn:

• @PowerPinch:

I don’t know why you’re taking shots at me, It’s not like I’m saying this guy is dumb or anything, I was just saying why I hate most kids online.
    Besides, you and I don’t really converse one to one at all so it’s not like you really know me all that well.

Notice, how I didn’t say: “PowerPinch, you have no life experience, brain development and are not knowledgeable.” Sure the “brain development” part doesn’t really fit but the point I was trying to make was that your statement was stereotyping far too much. I’ve met some extremely mature young teens and quite a few of them more intelligent than I am.

• @xRdJx:

He was referring to pyramid head. :unicorn:

Whoops I see that now, my bad.

Also benjy I see your point, but I said that myself it’s more often than not the case, but there are exceptions.
    Also I still hate, even if it’s true, that they say they are more mature.
    They should just let their actions show it, it’s kind of immature to say it because you are trying to distance yourself from your age.

• This leads into a hotly debated subject Dr.

There are many reasons for this; one of the biggest is the freedom and escapism the internet and its communities can provide.

Look at how many act inside the games, when there is nobody around to reprimand or when they think they can get away with it they act like complete buffoons or grief as hard as they can, then act sensible and try to come across as intelligent upon the forums, or do not post at all because they cannot string even the simplest of sentences together without having Google search spell-check every word.

I usually look at how one acts upon community sites and how one acts inside the games. Age is hardly a factor (to an extent) due to the ambiguous nature of the internet.  Most who care about age are caring for nefarious reasons.

Most of the bad eggs do not contribute to the communities they are attached to, latch onto threads with no real opinion (usually to negative or bash posts) because they are afraid that they will be shot down for independent thought, or grow gigantic egos and think they are immune to punishment.

Also: There is a massive difference between genuine, hilarious trolling, and being a complete idiot. Sadly for people who are too dumb to realise, both are just as memorable as each other and upon the internet, may follow you for along time.

• Thanks Slowsun. What you said about people “latching onto threads with no real opinion (usually to negative or bash posts) because they are afraid that they will be shot down for independent thought, or grow gigantic egos and think they are immune to punishment.” is most true. Hell, I was like that when I joined up the forums, being a follower and a “troll” even though I thought it was rather dumb. 'Course it was all for the want to “fit in” as Zetanor put it. Didn’t even truly realize what I was doing (per se) until Zetanor told me to stop trying to “fit in.”

I looked back and realized how stupid I looked, following the likes of CheezeWhiz, Pyramid Head, etc. I did it, of course, to appeal to the main forum posters, no matter how stupid I felt. But now that I think of it, I say fuck that.

Hooray for independent thought and not caring if I’m shot down or not. You put it best.

I’m not entirely sure where I am going with this thread, but mostly it’s just the whole deal of how people act on the forums/in game and how people view them. (Idiots, trolls, intellectuals, 12-year old asshats)

EDIT: And yeah, I’m 15. I see no need to hide/be ashamed of it. I’m curious, too, about Pyramid Head. How old are you?

I really hope this doesn’t turn into a massive shitpost thread.

• Teenagers can’t even think outside of their parental shelter let alone demand respect from anybody.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.