[release] (Minor) zs_asylum_v6 update

• ~~Puts a fire in the enclosed jailcell.  A player could survive in there for 3 waves, until zombie projectiles.  This fixes the annoyance.
    I tried adding a ambient fire sound but it didn’t seem to play, go figure.

I guess you could use entspy to remove the spawnpoint, but I’ve never used it, so I don’t know if this would cause any problems.~~

Here is the map with the bad spawnpoint removed:
    http://www.filefront.com/17836232/zs_asylum_v6_without_bad_spawn.zip
    I have tested it, players will have no problem joining with their version of the map.

• ~~Puts a fire in the enclosed jailcell.  A player could survive in there for 3 waves, until zombie projectiles.  This fixes the annoyance.

I guess you could use entspy to remove the spawnpoint, but I’ve never used it, so I don’t know if this would cause any problems.~~

Here is the map with the bad spawnpoint removed:
    http://www.filefront.com/17836232/zs_asylum_v6_without_bad_spawn.zip
    I have tested it, players will have no problem joining with their version of the map.

• Why part of killing players just for spawning is dumb didn’t you understand?

• @Neko:

Puts a fire in the enclosed jailcell.  A player could survive in there for 3 waves, until zombie projectiles.  This fixes the annoyance.

I guess you could use entspy to remove the spawnpoint, but I’ve never used it, so I don’t know if this would cause any problems.

Entspy’s pretty easy to use, just remember to preserve the map’s checksum when saving.  What I usually do when editing entities in Entspy is to decompile the map so you can view it in Hammer, find out where that spawnpoint is, remember its position values, and find it in Entspy and simply delete it.

• Entspy remove the spawn, and just add a zombie model in that cell. Maybe grabbing onto the bars and shaking them.  Keeps the reason the spawn was put there, improves gameplay.

• Would be better if you didn’t have to kill an unlucky spawner. Entspy requires a new bsp, pointless just to fix one spawn. Can’t the spawn be removed by lua?

• Correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t Entspy’s preserve map checksum feature work just as intended?

Preserving the map checksum should prove useful to server owners who, e.g., wish to add spawnpoints to current maps. If the map is saved using the same name, it shouldn’t need to be re-downloaded by clients who have the original map. This hasn’t been tested, however.

• There isn’t a way to just remove the bars so people still spawn there but can just walk out?

• You’d be better off just to remove the spawn since they’re both entities that can be removed and it won’t mess with design.

• Spawnpoint removed.

• Yay.

Keep the fire.

• Good work.

It was always annoying having games drag out to wave 4 when humans spawned in there.

And if they happened to have a board pack and nails. good god

• I’ve made the gamemode take care of it.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.