Remove asylum or fix it

• Spawn points for humans have been teleporting people into jail cells for along time now and i would love it to be fixed…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7KPnQvsoVw

i rest my case

• Spawn points for humans have been teleporting people into jail cells for along time now and i would love it to be fixed…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7KPnQvsoVw

i rest my case

• They won’t survive past wave 4.  If this really bothers you, we can put in an env_fire in the map’s profile.

• punish people who have no choice about where they spawn? that is dumb. Why not just teleport them out?

• Zombies players were picked at random for years.  It’s by no means a punishment or unfair in any manner.

• Why not just let everybody play the game?  Teleportation seems like a good idea, or just getting rid of the spawn points.  Playing zombie, at least you’re still playing. Squatting in the jail cell is boring and lame.

• @Neko:

They won’t survive past wave 4.

If you’re lucky enough to spawn in the cell, and humans get wiped out in Wave 1/2… that’s a really easy no-skills Survivalist award. It’s also annoying as hell for the 30+ people who have to sit around and wait for wave 4 before they can finish a map that’s already been lost.

Asylum’s been updated a bunch of times but that spawn’s never been fixed, which is a little suprising.

An alternative if we reeeeeeally wanted to keep that spawn point would be a minor game change. if there’s 10% or less humans left, all zombie classes are automatically unlocked, regardless of what wave it is. The whole point of this is if there’s 9 zombies for every 1 human the match is already lost. But usually at this point there’s one or two humans on the roof, or over the far side of the map, who can’t be even attacked until wave 3 fasties. If it’s still wave 1 you’ll be waiting a while and getting bored. But if they’re the only ones left, fasties are already unlocked to take them out. And poisons would also be unlocked to take out the guys in the asylum cell if they’re the only ones left.

• That’s a good idea.  The only time a 10% human team can possibly win is when it’s already wave 6.  Only problem is it would cheapen the chem-kill on last human achievement.

• I submitted an env_fire.

• @Prof:

if there’s 10% or less humans left, all zombie classes are automatically unlocked, regardless of what wave it is.

Yes.

YES.

• that would be stupid, so there would be no possible way for a few survivors to win?

• In a hypothetical scenario - when 10% humans are left, that’s something like 2 humans vs 18 zombies, or 3 humans vs 27 zombies. Wave 6 has all zombies unlocked anyway, so regardless of what happens beforehand, humans will have to survive wave 6 (which is like 5 minutes) with all zombies.

Even with unlimited ammo and pro players, I can’t think of any way that humans could survive those odds (unless they did nothing but spam aegis I guess). You just can’t shoot fast enough. That’s why I suggest unlocking all zombies (except maybe chems) when there’s 10% humans left just to kill off humans in high places (who would get killed as soon as wave 3 starts anyway) and in the asylum jail (who would get killed as soon as wave 4 starts). It’s just to stop the waiting.

• zs used to be like that. 50% infliction would unlock the fastie back in the day

• Whatever happen to half of the maps we played back then

• checkpoint.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.