Team Play stuff

• You guys don’t understand the psychology behind the concept here.
    If you haven’t realized yet from playing noxious teamplay(or any noxious gamemode), the peak of dropped players from the game is right before or during a map change. It can go from 30 players to 19 due to the fact that people “just don’t want to start over again on a new map”. In my opinion, 1-2 hour long stalemates are fun, since they bring planning and teamplay to a new level, crafting is fun because you’re either pushing your base forward step by step or you’re defending an organized attack since it’s the only way of breaking in.

Also, since I’m already typing out an essay about teamplay and I’m sitting in class talking about arrays in java I learned 4 years ago, I might as well suggest what should be changed, getting shit off my heart so to speak.

ALL matches should last for at least an hour or two, making the game more slow paced, forcing people to cooperate. A dream I’ve had since JetBoom talked about faction wars.

Remove dreadnaught,change FoN to not instakill,  and assassin, yes assassin. “Waaah assassin is killing you”. Yes they do sometimes, but I’m talking about the inexperienced players, those who don’t know how to deal with invisible people instakilling you if you don’t stay alert ALL THE TIME, or people who try to make a cooperative push across the map(jugger/conj combo).  It’s not fun for them, and they play the game to have fun. It’s way too easy to play that class and too easy to get kills with it. It doesn’t help your team progress in any way, you’re just rounding up kills. A suprise attack should be made through the mage’s invisibility spell. On effective classes.

Remove the ability for air vehicles to fire their gun if they’re under the flight velocity. I’m tired of getting shit on from across the map by a raven or a wasp hovering in a corner of the map. And I also feel unfair when I do the same to the enemy base.
    OR. Try removing the air vehicles except from the dropship(Making it the only air vehicle and actually useful for what it is, a dropship) and add in more ground vehicles, like the old APC(room for many players to bring them across the map as a team) and a heavy, slow moving, but high damage dealing vehicle that uses the dreadnaughts projectiles. Making it a must to protect, and game changing if it reaches the enemy base.

Add a .8 second cooldown on every spell. Stopping people from doing things like sitting on top of a manastone, shitting on your base with a spell, bringing it down in a few seconds.

Add more tips if they aren’t added already, on screen, people are stupid 12-13 year olds and they never read F1 even thought they are told to. I haven’t read the F1 in ages so sorry if It’s already there. Add a guide on how to bind spells to keys.
    When you pick a class, it should display a message that tells you who your class is good to team up with.
    Example: You’re a warrior. Your class is very effective if you team up with a conjurer using its vampirism on you. Making you gain health on every hit on a player.
    You’re a conjurer. Team up with heavy damage dealing classes like dragoon, warrior or juggernaut and cast your vampirism on them, making them gain health on every player hit.
    Also tips on WHEN you are effective.

If these suggestions are made possible, some maps may even be playable again. Take oldie for example.

I’ve had this idea for a long time since the old noxiousnet groups system, but this is my first time suggesting it. Add a queue with a friend system to be able to play with your friend on the same team.
    For example, I set DoctorDrew as my buddy. We’re buddies. We join teamplay, I join blue and the teams are now 12-11, blue-red. DoctorDrew is set in a queue to join my team as soon as a slot is ready, making the teams not unbalanced. This can only be done between two players, making it not able to team stack. Buddies take effect after the next map change.
    This makes people invite and to be able to play with their friends WITHOUT adding the change team option back, and WITHOUT making teams stacked(2 players on the same team won’t make a difference.)
    I REALLY think this is a good idea and should be added, because the only way I’m able to play with my friends is to time the join game button right.

• Copyright 2011 AtomiC etc -

• You guys don’t understand the psychology behind the concept here.
    If you haven’t realized yet from playing noxious teamplay(or any noxious gamemode), the peak of dropped players from the game is right before or during a map change. It can go from 30 players to 19 due to the fact that people “just don’t want to start over again on a new map”. In my opinion, 1-2 hour long stalemates are fun, since they bring planning and teamplay to a new level, crafting is fun because you’re either pushing your base forward step by step or you’re defending an organized attack since it’s the only way of breaking in.

Also, since I’m already typing out an essay about teamplay and I’m sitting in class talking about arrays in java I learned 4 years ago, I might as well suggest what should be changed, getting shit off my heart so to speak.

ALL matches should last for at least an hour or two, making the game more slow paced, forcing people to cooperate. A dream I’ve had since JetBoom talked about faction wars.

Remove dreadnaught,change FoN to not instakill,  and assassin, yes assassin. “Waaah assassin is killing you”. Yes they do sometimes, but I’m talking about the inexperienced players, those who don’t know how to deal with invisible people instakilling you if you don’t stay alert ALL THE TIME, or people who try to make a cooperative push across the map(jugger/conj combo).  It’s not fun for them, and they play the game to have fun. It’s way too easy to play that class and too easy to get kills with it. It doesn’t help your team progress in any way, you’re just rounding up kills. A suprise attack should be made through the mage’s invisibility spell. On effective classes.

Remove the ability for air vehicles to fire their gun if they’re under the flight velocity. I’m tired of getting shit on from across the map by a raven or a wasp hovering in a corner of the map. And I also feel unfair when I do the same to the enemy base.
    OR. Try removing the air vehicles except from the dropship(Making it the only air vehicle and actually useful for what it is, a dropship) and add in more ground vehicles, like the old APC(room for many players to bring them across the map as a team) and a heavy, slow moving, but high damage dealing vehicle that uses the dreadnaughts projectiles. Making it a must to protect, and game changing if it reaches the enemy base.

Add a .8 second cooldown on every spell. Stopping people from doing things like sitting on top of a manastone, shitting on your base with a spell, bringing it down in a few seconds.

Add more tips if they aren’t added already, on screen, people are stupid 12-13 year olds and they never read F1 even thought they are told to. I haven’t read the F1 in ages so sorry if It’s already there. Add a guide on how to bind spells to keys.
    When you pick a class, it should display a message that tells you who your class is good to team up with.
    Example: You’re a warrior. Your class is very effective if you team up with a conjurer using its vampirism on you. Making you gain health on every hit on a player.
    You’re a conjurer. Team up with heavy damage dealing classes like dragoon, warrior or juggernaut and cast your vampirism on them, making them gain health on every player hit.
    Also tips on WHEN you are effective.

If these suggestions are made possible, some maps may even be playable again. Take oldie for example.

I’ve had this idea for a long time since the old noxiousnet groups system, but this is my first time suggesting it. Add a queue with a friend system to be able to play with your friend on the same team.
    For example, I set DoctorDrew as my buddy. We’re buddies. We join teamplay, I join blue and the teams are now 12-11, blue-red. DoctorDrew is set in a queue to join my team as soon as a slot is ready, making the teams not unbalanced. This can only be done between two players, making it not able to team stack. Buddies take effect after the next map change.
    This makes people invite and to be able to play with their friends WITHOUT adding the change team option back, and WITHOUT making teams stacked(2 players on the same team won’t make a difference.)
    I REALLY think this is a good idea and should be added, because the only way I’m able to play with my friends is to time the join game button right.

• Copyright 2011 AtomiC etc -

• I have to agree. One of the best games i have had recently is on infinty when me, blue frog and a few others forced our way into there base, making several attempts to build on their roof. All players where throwing out buffs left, right and center and very few times would i enter a battle alone.

Also on classic blizzard, i was one of the few players who would try to break into an enemys base. It was very fun.

Noxious CTF (before teamplay) was fun because the only way to win was with teamwork. One player could not decimate a base. Thats how it should be now.

Remove the bomber. Make the wasp less kamazaki. Disable air vehicles on more maps that don’t need them.

also K/D ratio. I like to try and keep mine up but what ever. The champion titles should be given out manually by admins based on criteria such as teamwork and such. I’m sure a crafter does a lot more for a team then an assassin.

• K/D ratios are a good thing because I can drive regulars out of my base by 1) Walking away from it alone, or 2) Damaging them and leaving, at which point they’ll waste their time trying to get a heal instead of respawning.

• Bring back roundabout and generators, shit was hilarious.

• It might be better if the core drained 3 times faster, also draining the mana shield which currently does not drain.

• Atomic… You’re rambling.

All your nerf complaints are because you can’t find a teammate who knows how to play their class proper.

• @Dent:

Atomic… You’re rambling.

All your nerf complaints are because you can’t find a teammate who knows how to play their class proper.

Do you know anything about how noxious teamplay used to be? Or are you just trolling by attacking me personally?
    I’m talking about the gamemode, not me as a person playing teamplay, because honestly I suck at teamplay.

Oh wait you joined in 2009 and no major updates to teamplay were made after that.

• Wipe the tears from your eyes and keyboard. Examine my post again. Stop going on about nerfs because your team isn’t helping you.

You might learn something.

• Uh, AtomiC has been around since 20072006 so I think he might know what he is talking about.

• FYI AtomiC has been around for longer than me and I joined in mid-late '06.

• I stand corrected.

• @Someone:

Uh, AtomiC has been around since 20072006 so I think he might know what he is talking about.

And his refuge in stupidity is so great that he doesn’t even realize that 1 conjuror would shit on an assassin, dreadnaught and another conj spamming FoNs at them in a 3v1.

It’s 2011 and he still hasn’t figured that out?

vamprisim, pixie swarm, infravision, slow, counterspell, inversion, meteor, toxic cloud. whoop de doo, now any moron can successfully defend as a conj.

• I love the 3-hour matches(That’s how I got Lunatic Miner, and was 2 kills away from Ultimate Defense), as long as my team or the opposite team doesn’t have a huge advantage(Small advantage, like control over the middle of the battleifeld, not your front door, is good), as then when we have a huge advantage it’s not much fun, and when they have the advantage, it’s ZERO fun for me, just having to suffer through being spawncamped for 3 hours.

And I agree with ALL of AtomiC’s suggestions.

Assasins: When I am playing Conjurer, I don’t always have a mana obelisk near me, I usually have low health(No use of Channel Life) and I will need every single drop of mana. I think Infravision should work until you attack or take damage, just like invisibility. And AtomiC isn’t the only complainer about Assasin. Whenever there is more than 2 assasins on the team, I become an assasin to be equal.

Dreadnaughts: Especially on Fortsofmadness, they are annoying. When I am trying to fend off all the intruders, a Dreadnaught sits in his base, blowing the core up and killing us while only pressing against an obelisk and right clicking. Everyone who says stay close to him(As he has no non-splash attack), what if there’s about 5 people attacking me? Dreadnaughts should be nerfed, but not removed. Maybe more cost to fire, or longer delay to fire.

Force of Nature: It is a lot stronger than Death Ray, for sure. I love firing a Force of Nature at a faraway vehicle pad, so when they spawn a dropship/bomber, it blows up, and it’s a waste of mana. I think it should do 100 damage. That way, weaker people are instakilled, and tanks survive.

Spell delay: Perfect. It will prevent people from spamming heal.

Tips: I am a 12-year-old PC gamer, but I understand how non-gamer 12-year-olds would play. They would SUCK.

• Nice tips right there, kiddo

• @Nydus:

Force of Nature: It is a lot stronger than Death Ray, for sure. I love firing a Force of Nature at a faraway vehicle pad, so when they spawn a dropship/bomber, it blows up, and it’s a waste of mana. I think it should do 100 damage. That way, weaker people are instakilled, and tanks survive.

unlike death ray, force of nature kills you if somebody is good at timing counterspell.

• It is really easy to dodge a FoN out in the open.

• @Zetanor:

FYI AtomiC has been around for longer than me and I joined in mid-late '06.

Pretty sure you joined at the same time.

@Dent:

And his refuge in stupidity is so great that he doesn’t even realize that 1 conjuror would shit on an assassin, dreadnaught and another conj spamming FoNs at them in a 3v1.

It’s 2011 and he still hasn’t figured that out?

vamprisim, pixie swarm, infravision, slow, counterspell, inversion, meteor, toxic cloud. whoop de doo, now any moron can successfully defend as a conj.

I’m still talking about the gamemode itself. Not from a single class perspective. But you don’t seem to understand that.

• How to fix assault overtime stalemates, if desirable: carve prop health, have the core’s health drain much faster.

While we’re at it we might as well make a teamplay fix-up thread. Teamplay is really fun and definitely worth continuing. As it stands, many things need changes. The problem is that JetBoom seems to be busy as of late and I’ve been told that the code would be unfriendly to anyone else working on it. I also sense that he would rather devote any coding time to zs or the rpg. Zetanor says that it would be better to start the code over from scratch so that’s where the real issue lies. Zetanor and I have been talking about team play 3 for ages (he’s even worked on it a little) but I’m not sure that the fun factor of the original can be recreated.

• If you guys do decide to start a new Teamplay code, It would also mean that all the mappers should make new maps, not edit or change the current ones.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.