Custom skybox texture problem

• Modesty’s new MiddleOfNowhere map had a skybox similar to the one I was going to setup but I can’t get the vtfs to work.  I think I’m not putting them in the right spot because the sdk cant seem to find them.

How do I make custom 3D skybox textures work? do I have to put them in the gcf?  I hope not.

• Modesty’s new MiddleOfNowhere map had a skybox similar to the one I was going to setup but I can’t get the vtfs to work.  I think I’m not putting them in the right spot because the sdk cant seem to find them.

How do I make custom 3D skybox textures work? do I have to put them in the gcf?  I hope not.

• You can’t inject files into a source gcf. Put both the vtf and vmt in the [gamefolder]/materials/[…] of the game you’re under in hammer and you’re done.

Remember (learn) how to use pakrat.

• place the vtf and vmt files into …/<steamname>/<mod>/<mod>/materials/skybox
    and if you by chance don’t know where to place the files, open up the VMT with any text editor and look for $basetexture

By the way, they’re custom ‘2d’ skyboxes, not 3d. Those are the ones you make in hammer.

also the skyboxes I used are the “Harvest” skies used in TF2

• I will definitely give this a try later (if I translated it correctly).

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.