Tell us about yourself.

• Who are you, what do you study…things like that.

Tell us about your pathetic life or how awesome you are.

• Who are you, what do you study…things like that.

Tell us about your pathetic life or how awesome you are.

• Why don’t you go first?

• I’m an artist and in my spare time a programmer.

• I live in oslo, norway, and I study game programming at the norwegian university of information technology. When I finish my bachelor I’m probably going to get a job at funcom because they recruit the best people from my school. And I am top in class with my roomate.
    I have 4 years experience with programming, mainly C++ and java and in my spare time I develop my own game engines and shit that fits the situation. Right now I’m far in my component based game engine and hopefully it will be done for testing before my second school year.
    During the summer I like to go on long trips with my bicycle and just live my life at my beautiful home place next to tronheimsfjorden.

• I’m a 24 year old Web Developer for a small consulting company.  I tried to join the Marines when I turned 18 but was turned down because of my asthma… no regrets there.  Graduated high school in 2004 and just goofed off for about 2 years going from job to job (retail; Office Max, Best Buy, etc…)  Finally lucked out while doing a Google search for a local computer company and found a great job… been there over 4 years now.  Never went to college because I was too busy working…

Going to marry my girlfriend (fiancé) of 4 years later this year and probably move to Montana in a year or so, so she can go to her dream school.

• I’m 19, and usually live in North London, England. I’m doing a 5 year course away from home which will eventually award me with a Masters Degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering with a Diploma in Industry Studies. I am one of the top students in the course due to my balanced use of heuristic and logical thinking. I plan to be working in that field at large companies in the direction of, but not necessarily focused on Software Engineering.

My main interest is in sports, and was a decent Goalkeeper/Defender in football/soccer, gradually through my teens a condition in both feet brings me constant pain which only gets worse as I age, since then I have become active in sports not requiring lengthy time on my feet, mainly Archery. I still maintain a spectators interest in most other sports popular here.

I used to have a temper apparently, but have been known now to never get frustrated or annoyed at anything other than at my twin brother, who you may know as ‘Elite’.

I was educated at first in a Church of England School, and while I still have some religious beliefs they could quite easily be regarded as agnostic.

• My name is Stephen, I’m 19 years old and I live in Portsmouth where I study Computer Network Management and Design (BSc) at University.

As a child I was considered ‘Gifted’ and did very well throughout my primary education, doing Year 9 Mathematics whilst I was in Year 6. However when I turned 15 alcohol and recreational drugs became a part of my life and I now consider myself an underachiever but do nothing about it due to my poor work ethic.

I suffer from photosensitive Epilepsy which surfaced when I was around 16 after playing guitar hero for many many hours straight. Since then I have experienced 7 tonic-clonic seizures brought on by fatigue and video games.

I like a wide variety of music including New Metal, Prog Rock, Liquid DnB, Dubstep, Jazz and Bebop. My favourite films include Fight Club, Blade Runner and Pixar’s Up. My favourite games are Grim Fandango, Castlevania: SotN and Metroid Fusion. I play lots of poker in my spare time, playing Texas Hold’em twice a week at the university poker society and regularly online, I currently have £2711.98 in online poker winnings.

• I’m almost 19 and attend a two year college as well as work there as a biology laboratory aide. Pursuing a career in health sciences (Radiology or Cardiology) and going to transfer to UF eventually, but planning on taking an undetermined amount of time off for tramping through the country. I dislike my school and where my life is right now so I think that will be a refreshing and humbling experience, and honestly I couldn’t care less about education (maybe that will change?). Since I was a kid I’ve been drawing. I love art and I love my graphics tablet, but I can’t be bothered with fucking art classes because I hate the liberal artsy students that are there. I have been playing guitar for five years and although I enjoy learning about music and music theory, I have no urge or want to enroll in such classes. I am lazy and a procrastinator, unless something genuinely motivates me. I am pretty antisocial although I try to make the best of social situations (employment, family gatherings, the rare party attendance) with my sarcastic and kinetic (I like to use a lot of hand and body movements) sense of humor (and even that sometimes makes people uneasy around me). When I was five my school psychiatrist said I was sadistic. I keep a notepad filled with ideas of sadistic scenarios that other people would find quite strange (punishing sodomites by shoving red-hot iron rods up their assholes). With the close friends that I do have, I enjoy using and procreating various psychedelic drugs. On the other hand, I believe that people should strive to live healthy, therefore I eat organic food and exercise regularly with bike rides and parkour. Most of my acquaintances would describe me as having the personality of a rock and the voice of a robot with the occasional funny remark, and very awkward to be alone with. I’ve had one girlfriend in my life, for 4 years. We eventually broke up because I am too boring and because I don’t communicate well (but my friends and I have a fucking blast all the time which is weird). Despite all of this, I think I have ataraxia. I do not worry about anything, and have very little to no stress about in my life, and I take everything one day at a time. This leads me to believe that I am without passion, which is why I think I come off as boring. On the other hand, maybe there is a fine line between boring and laid back.

But whatever.

• I live in Florida.
    I’ve never lost any money i’ve invested in stock.
    I believe in Social Darwinism completely (why I’m Capitalist).
    I intend to be a genetic engineer.
    I have an odd obsession with learning alot of instruments; but some i just won’t learn for personal reasons (Flute, Carlinet, Bassoon, and other shit like that)
    I play Piano Guitar Alto Saxaphone Ukulele Trumpet Baritone; and i intend to learn Concertina; accordion; and Chromatic Harmonica.
    My favorite music is (first to last) 90’s Seattle grunge rock/Alternative heavy metal(Alice in Chains, Soundgarden), Classical(Vivaldi and Beethoven’s minor pieces) and occasional songs in other genres.
    Sunshine is my favorite movie.
    Supernatural my favorite TV show.
    And monster the only anime i like.
    I like playing Chess against alot of different people.
    I have never been stumped by Science or Math or really much in school besides some abstract literary concepts.
    I intend to stay on NoXious as long as i possibly can.

• Sure, why not.

16 year old high school junior
    Lived in New Jersey all my life. Been to many states, but never been to another country.
    Plan on attending Temple University. Not yet sure what I want to major in.
    Interested in:
    Music (My favorite bands are Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, Bad Brains, Nirvana, Melvins, and many others)
    Books (my favorites are Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas and The Catcher in the Rye)
    Games (my favorites are Bioshock, Metroid, Half-Life, Forza Motorsport, and Fallout)
    Sports (all Philadelphia teams)
    Cars (fascinated by racing and car design since I was very young)
    TV (my favorite shows are Top Gear, Ed Edd & Eddy, Eastbound & Down, Treme, and the Chappelle Show)
    Bike riding (I feel completely at ease and relaxed when I do this. I often go for very long rides.)
    Guitar and drums (learned drums a few years ago, still learning guitar.)
    I kind of prefer being alone, but I am not exactly anti social, though I am incredibly socially awkward. I have a small group of friends that I only really hang out with in school. I don’t text and I rarely use Facebook.
    Politically left-wing
    Catholic, but I’m not very “in touch” with religion.

-Delaware
    -Junior in highschool, Very conservative.
    -Squash is my favorite sport.
    -math’s my only strong suit, Learning German and have taken 3 years in Spanish
    -Real life’s pretty damn average, I keep my real life separated from my computer
    -I’ve never gone to any sort of anime convention or whatever. Cartoons are as close as it gets to anime. never visited 4chan before. I keep mainly to Facebook, Youtube, Wikipedia, and anything related to Garrysmod. I don’t think of myself as a nerd.
    -I sleep a lot
    -I used to love art, got boring. I loved to build stuff out of whatever I could find, never was able to do anything impressive.
    -I loved RTS games, Dawn of War 40k is still my favorite.
    -Starcraft, warcraft, and red alert map builders interested me but they were too restrictive.
    -I like to fix stuff/figure things out. This helped me a lot when I was learning to map. Every problem became a chance to figure out ‘how’ it worked.
    -Discovered SourceSDK during the Gmod9 days, when I released my first map to NoX it was torn to shreds. And here I am now.
    -Interested in pursuing a career in environmental design. Hoping that getting a head start now will greatly help me in the future.

-Usually live in Essex, England.
    -2 and a half years left at Bath university, where i currently live 90% of the year.
    -Maths and physics have always been my stongest subjects, hence why i choose to do a masters in aerospace engineering, but i can’t be arsed with an extra year out of work to do a placement, depsite any benefits to employability.
    -Squash is the king of all sports (:wub: you modesty)
    -I spend most of my time on campus pissing my student loans away, I would play gmod more but my computer chair in Bath sucks so i only really play alot in the holidays.
    -I’m 6ft 5, pretty amazing at everything i attempt, i have too many friends, oh but i can’t drive =(

• Arrogant and cocky.
    Smells faintly of cabbage.

• 16 years old.
    Im in 10th grade, i highly regret it, and im not taking school seriously at the moment.
    I enjoy the usual family dinners alot.
    I play computer alot recently because most of my friends are in those school where you stay in camp, noone to hang out with.
    Recently i have been fixing a bike together with dad and been sick. cant wait till using it when all the snow is gone.
    i still have problems finding out which career i want. im completely without a clue of what i want to be.

• @midboe:

16 years old.
    Im in 10th grade, i highly regret it, and im not taking school seriously at the moment.
    I enjoy the usual family dinners alot.
    I play computer alot recently because most of my friends are in those school where you stay in camp, noone to hang out with.
    Recently i have been fixing a bike together with dad and been sick. cant wait till using it when all the snow is gone.
    i still have problems finding out which career i want. im completely without a clue of what i want to be.

Been there,well, your year +1, went with my hobby and it turned out well.

• @xRdJx:

pretty amazing at everything i attempt

Except being a Community Admin. Fortunately it’s not only you.

• Sandmod that can post topics.  If i had any kind of power which actually allowed me to run community admin things events then fucking wonderful, but since i don’t, i have to rely on other people, which is obviously very bad.

• Where was our Christmas event?

New Years?

Sorry for getting off topic but this needs to be addressed.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.