NoX TP classes

• After playing enough NoX TP, I feel like giving an overall suggestion for improving the balance of the classes.

Templar:

• Regeneration spell buff:
      Regeneration and sanctuary heal the same amount of hp for the same amount of mana, however sanctuary comes with much more benefits including faster healing, push, and group healing, thus rendering the regeneration spell to be useless as it is not worth the mana cost. As such, I suggest increasing the healing rate of regeneration to be double its current value and decreasing the spell duration time from 15 seconds to 10 seconds to balance it out. the only advantage regeneration seemingly has is that you don’t need to stick in one area while healing, but that’s nothing.
    • Heal ring visual indicator:
      Unlike sanctuary, heal ring makes you extremely vulnerable. That’s understandable, however the real problem is that teammates usually don’t notice that you’re casting it until it’s too late due to lack of a good visual indicator. Therefore, I suggest adding an actual ring sprite (similar to the KotH beacon) with a diameter equivalent to the healing radius of heal ring. The purpose of this ring is to simply let your teammates (and your enemies) know that you’re casting heal ring and get in the ring to be healed.

Zombie:

• Buff
      This is by far the weakest class right now, a retarded warrior. In fact its practically useless and no one ever uses it anymore except to be funny. I understand it needed a nerf but Jet really overdid it. It’s so slow that slow spell itself practically stuns it. I’m thinking it’s melee attack should be made stronger and it’s speed should be increased by 10 units.

If you disagree with anything, please say why.

Edit:
    the suggestions have been modified in accordance with the discussion here and simplified and the poll has been reset.
    Edit2:
    Typhoon suggestions have been removed and the poll has been reset again as a result.

• After playing enough NoX TP, I feel like giving an overall suggestion for improving the balance of the classes.

Templar:

• Regeneration spell buff:
      Regeneration and sanctuary heal the same amount of hp for the same amount of mana, however sanctuary comes with much more benefits including faster healing, push, and group healing, thus rendering the regeneration spell to be useless as it is not worth the mana cost. As such, I suggest increasing the healing rate of regeneration to be double its current value and decreasing the spell duration time from 15 seconds to 10 seconds to balance it out. the only advantage regeneration seemingly has is that you don’t need to stick in one area while healing, but that’s nothing.
    • Heal ring visual indicator:
      Unlike sanctuary, heal ring makes you extremely vulnerable. That’s understandable, however the real problem is that teammates usually don’t notice that you’re casting it until it’s too late due to lack of a good visual indicator. Therefore, I suggest adding an actual ring sprite (similar to the KotH beacon) with a diameter equivalent to the healing radius of heal ring. The purpose of this ring is to simply let your teammates (and your enemies) know that you’re casting heal ring and get in the ring to be healed.

Zombie:

• Buff
      This is by far the weakest class right now, a retarded warrior. In fact its practically useless and no one ever uses it anymore except to be funny. I understand it needed a nerf but Jet really overdid it. It’s so slow that slow spell itself practically stuns it. I’m thinking it’s melee attack should be made stronger and it’s speed should be increased by 10 units.

If you disagree with anything, please say why.

Edit:
    the suggestions have been modified in accordance with the discussion here and simplified and the poll has been reset.
    Edit2:
    Typhoon suggestions have been removed and the poll has been reset again as a result.

• Even if you edit the dreadnought’s firing angle, could you not just aim it at a wall and have it blast you across, albeit at a straight angle?

• The only class that needs work is Zombie since it serves no purpose compared to anything else.

• Juggernaut is a bit too fast and Keeper’s shotgun is too accurate in my opinion.

Assassin is only good for capture the flag; if not in CTF the only real purpose it has is self advancement (k/d ratio increase).

If i could change only one thing i’d make the spell slow a second shorter duration or require 5 more mana. (From my own position this would be better for me so probably a bit biased)

Also you should remember Templar is meant to be a supporting class.

• Make slow move faster, but not home in as well/at all.

I just said make slow fast :weee:

• Slow is fine atm. Casters can counter it, Warriors can strafe it or hit the projectile back, and the already slow classes can’t do too much about it. Then again they don’t need their mobility that much in the first place.

Also Juggernaut / Keeper is perfectly fine where it is. They’re both meant to be heavy damage defensive classes. They can’t even go offensive without help from a healer because they’re too slow to stay alive very long on their own.

• Templar is good because it has sanctuary. They’re able to cut off safety routes or mana that enemies try to access.

• Yeah it shows you still need to ask truerebel for Templar advice.

• The templar is fine. If people don’t know to stand next to them when they do heal ring and won’t listen when you tell them to then that’s their fault, and they really don’t need anything to add to their survivability. Regeneration can be used on the move which makes it fine.

Typhoon is situational, but it really doesn’t need it’s damage added back to it. It used to do enough damage to kill people and fall damage used to be really high, and on some maps where like where the base has no ceiling but is small people would just teleport in, get off a typhoon, and die and anyone defending who couldn’t teleport would die.

The zombie does need some sort of niche in the game.

• Banned

Where’s Vaught?

• You can use regeneration and any other healing ability at the same time.

Heal ring makes a sound while it’s channeled, and the templar sits there and holds their hands out. It doesn’t really need any more visual effects unless you want the words “stand next to him to get full healed” whenever it casts heal ring. When I say tell them to stay next to you, you only need to do it once and they’ll never need to be told again.

Again, typhoon is situational, but fine. If you add damage to it then every new player will just spam it instead of doing something useful.

• That’s not how a forum works. You don’t edit the first post of a discussion based on future posts so everything looks out of order and irrelevant.

• Remove Truerebel from the game, it is overpowered

• If you do it that way then I won’t read the first post or any other post.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.