Sandbox Unstable

• I have been crashing a lot on the sandbox recently, others have as well. I am absolutely positive there is a bug. As of right now the server is neither stable nor suitable for players. The reason why is because players would constantly crash from their contraptions spawned in the sandbox. It is spontaneous, no warning, no lag. It is guaranteed that doing anything in the sandbox that might cause stress to the server will crash all the players. Examples include the following from what I have witnessed:

• Explosions
    • Breaking props & gibs
    • Unfrozen props & contraptions

A player has to run Garry’s Mod again since the bug crashes the game, not the server. In the worst case scenario a contraption would be the cause of the crash. The players are in no risk from crashing as long as they stay in spawn, however if the contraption is not removed (which is the source of the crashing) then players are trapped in the spawn area.

I am not the only one witnessing the crashes, time-outs would occur frequently especially when the majority of the players are building.

• I have been crashing a lot on the sandbox recently, others have as well. I am absolutely positive there is a bug. As of right now the server is neither stable nor suitable for players. The reason why is because players would constantly crash from their contraptions spawned in the sandbox. It is spontaneous, no warning, no lag. It is guaranteed that doing anything in the sandbox that might cause stress to the server will crash all the players. Examples include the following from what I have witnessed:

• Explosions
    • Breaking props & gibs
    • Unfrozen props & contraptions

A player has to run Garry’s Mod again since the bug crashes the game, not the server. In the worst case scenario a contraption would be the cause of the crash. The players are in no risk from crashing as long as they stay in spawn, however if the contraption is not removed (which is the source of the crashing) then players are trapped in the spawn area.

I am not the only one witnessing the crashes, time-outs would occur frequently especially when the majority of the players are building.

• It’s not a bug, don’t report it as such.

• May have to do with the fact that hacked vbsp was used to compile noxgrass. Spawning a large dupe (many props) almost always causes anyone not in the spawn room to crash. In single player, do “mat_leafvis 1” to see it.

• I’ve seen missiles crash the server some times.

• I’ve lagged the server badly before on accident, I spawned a helicopter with advanced dupe, I deleted it luckily :smile:

Edit:

Also I saw a facepunch thread about crashing a server with material, forgot what it was

• I hate it when im building something and then suddenly i crash ughghgh  :komputer:

• For god sake i bump this for a plea to change to a stable map… it would bring in more players and maybe more stuff… its getting dumb building then spawning a dupe and everyone crashes

• Flatgrass

• Flatgrass and Clandestine are both good choices

• Remove Wire and call it a day.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.