[postponed] map pack 18

• The map pack has been postponed until further notice due to severe connection problems with hostgator.

This map pack shall contains a mixture of maps, each with their own history (except the last 5 which are all maps made by Survive (The ZI map maker)

zs_cityholdout:
    This thread was originally about this map. This is a fix that seeks to bring back zm_opt_city_holdout to ZS and resolve its issues.

zs_snow:
    This project seeks to make serious improvements to zs_snow_v2. It has been delayed multiple times due to changes in my plans for the map, but this time it’s going to be released.

nox_fortis:
    noxnb_fortis was rejected in the NoX TP map pac so instead I’ll just be dealing with the HTF exploit. I won’t be placing any NoX TP entities, so if this map is dependent on a map profile I’ll use new folder (9) this time to make sure jet reads the damn message and prevent blizzard syndrome.

noxnb_portalstorm:
    This is a quick fix stemming from the NoX TP map pack that seeks to deal with some exploits.

nox_char_v2:
    meh… just check the end of the NoX TP map pack thread for info on this.

noxnb_forestfortress:
    This wasn’t finished in time to make it for the NoX TP map pack so it’s being released here.

nox_arena_spire:
    This is a map for arena if it ever comes back. It is based off of zi_nerve_spireshowdown.

noxnb_demons:
    Based off of zi_angeldandemons, the demons part. (only in concept stage, might be cancelled)

nox_heaven:
    Based off of zi_angelsanddemons, the heavenly part (only in concept stage, might be cancelled)

noxnb_area17:
    Based off of zs_area17 (only in concept stage, very unlikely it will happen)

nox_canyon:
    Based off of zs_grandcanyon (only in concept stage, might be cancelled)

• The map pack has been postponed until further notice due to severe connection problems with hostgator.

This map pack shall contains a mixture of maps, each with their own history (except the last 5 which are all maps made by Survive (The ZI map maker)

zs_cityholdout:
    This thread was originally about this map. This is a fix that seeks to bring back zm_opt_city_holdout to ZS and resolve its issues.

zs_snow:
    This project seeks to make serious improvements to zs_snow_v2. It has been delayed multiple times due to changes in my plans for the map, but this time it’s going to be released.

nox_fortis:
    noxnb_fortis was rejected in the NoX TP map pac so instead I’ll just be dealing with the HTF exploit. I won’t be placing any NoX TP entities, so if this map is dependent on a map profile I’ll use new folder (9) this time to make sure jet reads the damn message and prevent blizzard syndrome.

noxnb_portalstorm:
    This is a quick fix stemming from the NoX TP map pack that seeks to deal with some exploits.

nox_char_v2:
    meh… just check the end of the NoX TP map pack thread for info on this.

noxnb_forestfortress:
    This wasn’t finished in time to make it for the NoX TP map pack so it’s being released here.

nox_arena_spire:
    This is a map for arena if it ever comes back. It is based off of zi_nerve_spireshowdown.

noxnb_demons:
    Based off of zi_angeldandemons, the demons part. (only in concept stage, might be cancelled)

nox_heaven:
    Based off of zi_angelsanddemons, the heavenly part (only in concept stage, might be cancelled)

noxnb_area17:
    Based off of zs_area17 (only in concept stage, very unlikely it will happen)

nox_canyon:
    Based off of zs_grandcanyon (only in concept stage, might be cancelled)

• zs_mall is the only good mall map on the server? lol

• Wait, city holdout is gone too? FUUCK.

• Why was Krusty Krab removed?

• I still think it’s hilarious.

• It would be interesting to see survival stats for some of these maps (no of survivals / number of times played, over the past month). I know we hate ravenholm and zerbes because they can be won. But I do wonder how often they were actually won, if it was over the 5% benchmark. While we were getting wins on ravenholm and zerbes, we were still losing them pretty regularly too. Uglyfort was considered so unwinnable that you get +3000 bonus silver and an award for winning.

Good luck with cityholdout.

• I’m proud of my accomplishments.

• zs_mall sucks.

• @Zincoshine:

By the way, I found this while cleaning out my desktop:krusty krab in a can.

Dear god what the fuck is that?  :wacko:
    A fanfic over /votemap?

Nerve’s nobuild brush(es) over the bridges just felt pointless to me. There’s water and the water takes forever to cover. The mechanical noises also seemed like a pointless addition. Who the hell would want to listen to beeping for 10 minutes in HTF, and who would hear it over “DU DU GYAAAHHHH EIN EIN EIN”? Other then those complaints, map is fine for me.

also, inb4 people start screaming at me ingame and in steam chat for making map comments  :uglylaugh:

• Don’t disable spells per-map just because you don’t like them.

• Then do it in a different way.

• Krusty would be much better to play on without the music.

I can only hope that Modesty doesn’t include music on his Courage the Cowardly Dog map or it will be the same thing all over again.

Also, Modesty you should upload the Krab to the GMOD toolbox.  People would love it.  Same with the Courage one, too.

• Banned

I’d like to see zs_grandcanyon in TP even though the gameplay might not be that good.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.