My Microphone isn't working. Help

• Got a microphone for christmas, pluged it in and tryed to test it and i didn’t hear my voice. I checked if it was plugged in right, it was. Everything looked ok, but still no luck.

Its a Microsoft Headset, compatible with Win7 which i have.

Odly though, when i use the inline clip to change volume on the microphone, i can hear a loud sort of clicking noise.

HELP!

• Got a microphone for christmas, pluged it in and tryed to test it and i didn’t hear my voice. I checked if it was plugged in right, it was. Everything looked ok, but still no luck.

Odly though, when i use the inline clip to change volume on the microphone, i can hear a loud sort of clicking noise.

HELP!

• Like this:

• The “Shorter” plug (one on right) has a symbol of a headphones. the other one has a symbol of a microphone.

Thanks but it didn’t work Zinco

EDIT: For some reason, when i talk into the EARPHONES I actualy hear my voice.

• Holy shit ever thought of switching the plugs then?

EDIT:

You sound like an average computer illiterate person or you’re trolling the fuck out of me. It also says CERTIFIED FOR WINDOWS VISTA on my monitor, but fuck it’s just a monitor.

• Ever Google which slot is the mic slot on your sound card? Actually at this point I am guessing it is your motherboard integrated sound.

• Turn on the mic.

• plug it into your sound card mic slot.

• @Floosk:

The “Shorter” plug (one on left) has a symbol of a headphones. the other one has a symbol of a microphone.

What?

• @Zincoshine:

put the shorter one in the pink socket. put the other one in the green socket.

Pink is for microphones, green is for headphones.

• guys im trying to mic spam using my ipod but when i plug my coord into my ipod to my mic input nothing happens

• Mic spam? never.

And do these look like Ipod headphones to you?

Edit: And in the first place i put the Headphone plug into green, and the microphone plug into pink, which didn’t work, and i made this thread asking for help, but all thats happend so far is ive made myself look like a complete dumbfuck.

• Did you plug it in, figure out that it didn’t work, then give up and scream for help?
    Did you even try to check your settings in recording/playback devices on the computer?
    If talking into your headphones works for recording, ever thought about the fact that the microphone is broken?
    You got a 2$ headset for christmas? You should be insulted.

• those are only mac compatible

derp

• Either you didn’t hear me say it was Win7 compatible or your trolling

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.