Fixing the gun classes

• Gun classes are fairly balanced against most melee users, however they’re a pretty big joke against any magic user with a clue. (What isn’t?)

So I suggest bullets ignore any form of magical shield / protection. This applies to vehicle bullets (bomber/dropship) aswell.

I also recommend giving the 3 gunners some sort of reliable way to heal themselves. I rarely see anyone taking the time to buff / take care of their teammates.

So there.

Balance.

inb4 typical zs idiot wants to shoot things

• Gun classes are fairly balanced against most melee users, however they’re a pretty big joke against any magic user with a clue. (What isn’t?)

So I suggest bullets ignore any form of magical shield / protection. This applies to vehicle bullets (bomber/dropship) aswell.

I also recommend giving the 3 gunners some sort of reliable way to heal themselves. I rarely see anyone taking the time to buff / take care of their teammates.

So there.

Balance.

inb4 typical zs idiot wants to shoot things

• I won’t deny I’m relatively new to TP, perhaps I haven’t seen proper teamwork yet

However, the magic classes have a team, too.

• @Zincoshine:

If a templar (vortigaunt) suddenly stops moving and starts blabbering it probably means he’s casting heal ring which would instantly bring your hp back to full if you are near enough.

Conjurers may cast vamp on you, a spell which would make you practically invincible with a gun class.

So you need 2 players to remotely take on a single wizard/conjurer

doesn’t that sound a little broken to you?

• A good assassin can stab a shielded wizard and then the wizard himself if he’s quick enough, and a warrior that doesn’t let a wizard get away can take care of it in a few hits with warcry.

• @MeatShake:

A good assassin can stab a shielded wizard and then the wizard himself if he’s quick enough, and a warrior that doesn’t let a wizard get away can take care of it in a few hits with warcry.

Don’t forget thread’s about guns

• Well, you know something is wrong when 3 gun classes almost kill a magic user, but then he humps mana, spams lesser heal then spams slow, then kills everyone. I can’t think of a single map where there is a lack of mana anywhere.
    My ideas: make slow not home in on enemies but increase the projectile speed. Make “big” spells (meteor, sunbeam, etc) have a slight cooldown and possibly stun the user. Add a cooldown to most spammable spells (slow, pixies, lesser heal, etc) (don’t use mana as an excuse there isn’t a single map with lack of mana). Increase the duration and radius of warcry.

• Magic user: wizard, mage, darkmage, conjurer

• Easy guide to kill a spell caster

• Warrior: spam warcry, berseker charge when slowed, and harpoon them to slash away. They die in 3 hits with a Long sword if done quickly without them healing. Don’t forget swords if timed right can send back a spell like slow.
    • Juggernaut: If there are a few rocks surrounding the spell caster, just spam mouse 1, and take mana from the rocks they’re using.

That’s how I normally take out wizards. Also red rocks give you health. These rocks can be found on a few maps. You can also fight fire with fire, and use a spell casting class against them.

• @The:

Easy guide to kill a spell caster

• Warrior: spam warcry, berseker charge when slowed, and harpoon them to slash away. They die in 3 hits with a Long sword if done quickly without them healing. Don’t forget swords if timed right can send back a spell like slow.
    • Juggernaut: If there are a few rocks surrounding the spell caster, just spam mouse 1, and take mana from the rocks they’re using.

That’s how I normally take out wizards. Also red rocks give you health. These rocks can be found on a few maps. You can also fight fire with fire, and use a spell casting class against them.

none of these fix the gunners being shitty against magic.

and your juggernaught method implies you are actually sitting on a mana rock, something that won’t happen for various reasons (the enemy won’t kindly wait until you do so, map is too open, you won’t actually make it due to spells like slowdown, there are other rocks nearby, etc)

besides, they’ll probably just teleport away to another rock.

• Gun classes are supportive so you should never be alone against a magic user or anyone for that mater.

• Simple solution: Learn how to use other classes besides gun classes.

@Hell-met:

besides, they’ll probably just teleport away to another rock.

You can just follow their teleport.

• @The:

Gun classes are supportive so you should never be alone against a magic user or anyone for that mater.

This is an interesting point. However why should I ever pick a “support class” if I can just go magic and get kills from medium range?

@The:

Simple solution: Learn how to use other classes besides gun classes or play tp2.

“Simple solution : Avoid the matter and pretend it doesn’t exist”

@The:

You can just follow their teleport.

And now I face a fully mana charged pro wizard with minimal ammo supply. Yay.

• Banned

Learn to play/aim.

• Make guns like supersoakers, you have to pump them up with mana to do powerful shots.

• @Zincoshine:

If we deviated from this, we would end up with the same problems of NoX TP2.

do elaborate

• He gets killed by people better than him.

• damn you really want gun classes to get buffed?
    fucking zs players, I knew they would start making suggestions on the forums (shitty suggestions)
    fucking play halo 2 or something

the more you bitch about slow the more wizards like to spam it

• the reason it wouldn’t be “balance” is because the gun classes are for idiots who are new and have no fucking idea how to use spells
    magic classes are harder to use and therefore have more potential

people need to quit sucking shit

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.