Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Getting the MP3 & MP4 from Vocaloid Videos on YouTube

• It can be really difficult to download Vocaloid music if you don’t know what you are doing, I mean everything is in Japanese. I will show you how to find and download Vocaloid songs from YouTube and Japanese websites in this thread.

GETTING STARTED: FINDING THE SONGS

It is quite simple, first find a bunch of Vocaloid videos on YouTube that you want to download.

A playlist with all the Vocaloid songs you would like to download in the future is always an option to keep you organized!

• It can be really difficult to download Vocaloid music if you don’t know what you are doing, I mean everything is in Japanese. I will show you how to find and download Vocaloid songs from YouTube and Japanese websites in this thread.

GETTING STARTED: FINDING THE SONGS

It is quite simple, first find a bunch of Vocaloid videos on YouTube that you want to download.

A playlist with all the Vocaloid songs you would like to download in the future is always an option to keep you organized!

• Wow thanks Lieutenant Firebolt this is really helpful, however I’m having some trouble with this step:

@Lieutenant:

It is quite simple actually, all you need to do is go on YouTube and find a bunch of Vocaloid videos that you like.

If you could help me out, that’d be great.

• GETTING THE MP3

Now let’s get the MP3 of the Vocaloid videos you found! Look in the description of the YouTube video of the one you want to download… In every single description of a Vocaloid video there is a code that looks like “sm5480792” or “sm#######”. This code is very important to download any Vocaloid video. In the picture below I highlighted what you are looking for in the description.

Or

In another tab, open Google and type this in your search browser: nicosound.anyap.info/sound/

Now copy the code and paste it the code from the YouTube description into the Google browser
    Now your Google browser should look like: nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm5480792

Enter, and find the link that matches your search option

Click on the link… and you should see something like this!

Don’t touch anything! You are now in a Japanese site and by clicking the wrong link will bring you to the wrong place. Okay, so scroll down and the MP3 link to the song is the box to the far right that says (MP3).

Click on it…

Fix the title, and you’re done.

• Here is my way of doing it.

Search for the song you want, then open the video. Once the video is opened you’ll notice a “Download” button.

Click on the Download button and it will give you several Options to download it.
    As an Mp3 file, as an Mp4 (varies in quality, most likely just 360p), and FLV (varies in quality as well).

Upon clicking MP3, it will bring you to a new website (in a new tab), and it will allow you to download it as an MP3, after it’s done converting (Conversion usually takes anywhere form 10 seconds to 1 minute).

Click on “Download MP3” and save it where ever you want and you’re done!

• Or just go to Dirpy.com

• That takes too long. I prefer this way. If I want to download as an .MP4 or .FLV format, it’s an instant download, no waiting for conversion or anything. Only when downloading as an .MP3 file is when there is a wait.

• I assure you this is the highest quality song you can listen to because it is ripped from the original song uploaded to the site. YouTube can sometimes fail me with the quality of the song compared to its original.
    What if there isn’t a code listed in the YouTube description?

I don’t see anything that looks like “sm#######” and I looked at the other related videos and none of them had the sm format in the description. When you are dealing with lazy YouTube up loaders, I am afraid you are going to have to find the song yourself. Time to venture into the Japanese Vocaloid website of Niconico Douga and find the song yourself! First you have to register to permanently get access to the site. This post describes and details how to register to this major Japanese Vocaloid site to prepare you for the future of downloading the highest quality MP3 and MP4 from the site. Not many people know how to do this.
    Type Niconico Douga into your Google browser, search it, and click this

Okay now click this thing on the top

Now click this thing

Click this thing

Type in an email address (they need this for verification and login only) and click this thing

That wasn’t my real account by the way. Anyways now you have this forum to fill out.

I labeled it for you.

When you are done, click this

Continue

By clicking on that the site has sent a verification email to your email address. Go ahead and verify it. Then go back to the site page that looks like this and type your email and password and click that thing.

Now you are on the site! If you look at the top you should see your nickname.

From now on, you will forever be logged into the site unless if you clear your cookies (then you will have to log in again.)
    Okay so now you are registered to the site and can access all of its videos and high quality downloads for free! My next post details on how to get the MP4, I just needed this post so you can actually access the site.

• This is the final step to my guide. You now have an account on Niconico Douga, the most Vocaloid cultured community on the internet, and you also have access to search videos on the site and watch them! If I look at my previous post there was no sm####### in the video description, but I however have the title to that song/video.

Okay once you got the title to the song go to Niconico Douga and paste it in

Enter it and you will see a catalog of related songs. If you are not registered, it will take you to the registration page. Look at my post above to learn how to register. This is what the catalog looks like.

I clicked on one of them and it took me here (if you scroll down)

If you are not registered to the site and clicked on it, you will see this (not same song)

Okay so if I play the song I get a super high quality version of the video and music.

Here’s where professionals like me are able to rip the MP4 right out of the site.
    Go to: http://www.vid-dl.net/

Then go back to Niconico Douga and copy the URL

Paste and enter into vid-dl

Click here

See this

Change the MP4 title and download it. You’re done. If you only want the MP3 then the URL will have something like sm11293819 in it. Just search in nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm11293819 and it will find the song from the exact video you were watching in its highest quality.

• This is the most detailed report I can come up with to download Vocaloid MP4 and MP3 just by finding the video on YouTube. There are a ton of videos out there, the best way to find them all is to subscribe to Vocaloid YouTuber Channels who post this stuff from Niconico and to filter out the songs you want to keep from the ones they uploaded

Two of the most obvious and most well-known Vocaloid YouTube Channels:
    anaraquelk2
    BlazingAngel22

Anyways there are plenty of other uploaders, but these amateurs may not post the sm######## to the video, so a little bit of searching through Niconico usually finds it. RARELY will you find a Vocaloid video on YouTube that is not found on Niconico Douga. Then you will just have to do what Mal1t1a said and just copy it from YouTube alone.

• So why did you make a 33 picture tutorial on how to do something which can be easily done in 5 or less steps?

Oh wait you’re the only one here who listens to vocaloid.

• Did you guys really not make all those posts collaboratively?

• I listen to Vocaloid quite frequently, mostly Hatsune Miku.

• @Zincoshine:

This is too stupid to be serious, must be a bad troll attempt.

Because you’re very good at spotting stupidity, and trolls.

• Well he got half of it right.

• May I remind you that this is a guide to get songs from a Japanese website? There is no debate how info-worthy this is; who chooses to take this guide seriously is not for you to decide.

Because Vocaloid is well recognized in Garry’s Mid I feel it was necessary to consider the possibilities that there are some people on the forums who listen to this music are willing to take a step further and actually download the music.

• www.listentoyoutube.com

Fucking idiots.

• @AtomiC:

www.listentoyoutube.com

Fucking idiots.

Thanks

• @AtomiC:

www.listentoyoutube.com

Fucking idiots.

It works exactly like video2mp3.net but slower and without the convience of a simple button in my youtube download button.

• thanks this means I can extend my anime collection to OVER 9000!!!

Users

Topics