Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Map voting tweak

• If a map is voted too often (AKA it is too popular) the time required for it to be available should be doubled or tripled.

• If a map is voted too often (AKA it is too popular) the time required for it to be available should be doubled or tripled.

• Make it a linear scale. Each time a map is voted, the time before it gets unlocked again increases by 10 minutes up to a maximum of 1.5* whatever it is now. On the flipside, have it so each time a popular map is not voted for, the time needed to vote for it again decreases by 10 minutes down to 0.75* whatever it is now.

• It’s a 6 hour lock time.

• I think I may be the only person who wishes the old map rotation would come back.

Sure that would mean you’d eventually have to play some really bad maps, but it would also give every map a chance.

I swear I played ZS_termites three times in one day, it’s an ok map but it gets boring after a while.

And of course I know map rotation won be re-implemented, so Im going to say I approve of elongating the map wait time.

• Just wait until the votemap update.

• Banned

@Sidec:

I think I may be the only person who wishes the old map rotation would come back.

Sure that would mean you’d eventually have to play some really bad maps, but it would also give every map a chance.

I swear I played ZS_termites three times in one day, it’s an ok map but it gets boring after a while.

And of course I know map rotation won be re-implemented, so Im going to say I approve of elongating the map wait time.

You’re not.

• Ah, good to know I’m not alone.

But yes, what Zinco said…

There are so many maps on ZS nowadays, that even after all my time playing here, I STILL find myself downloading new maps all the time. It really is a shame that so many maps get put on the shelf while Krusty Krab get’s its four minutes of glory every six hours.

An eighteen hour rest period would be perfect I believe., long enough to get to play a nice chunk of maps, yet still short enough to let popular maps continue to be popular.

• Here’s a better idea, instead of increasing votemap lock time, try to get the most votes yourself (Surviving the longest, Being 1st zombie and ending the round quick). That way when it comes time to votemap, vote for the map you want and maybe others will vote for it too.

Users

Topics