Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Just bought a new 1080p T.v..

• So, I just bought a new 1080p T.v, and I’m having issues with it. I think it may be video driver related, or the video card. My problem is that, yes this is a small 24" 1080p T.v, and I’m using it as another monitor. The max and recommended resolution is 1920x1080. I set it to that, and the screen borders are cut off, as if the resolution is too big for the monitor, but when I set it to anything lower, it either has the same problem, or it looks like terrible shit. Not even 1600x900 fits it properly.  I had to use NVidia’s video driver to manually size the resolution to 1824x1034. It looks okay, but it’s not the greatest. It seems to look better on my 19" monitor at 1600x900 then with this resolution and display. If you can assist me with this problem, that would be greatly appreciated.

My video card is the NVidia GTS 250 1GB.

• So, I just bought a new 1080p T.v, and I’m having issues with it. I think it may be video driver related, or the video card. My problem is that, yes this is a small 24" 1080p T.v, and I’m using it as another monitor. The max and recommended resolution is 1920x1080. I set it to that, and the screen borders are cut off, as if the resolution is too big for the monitor, but when I set it to anything lower, it either has the same problem, or it looks like terrible shit. Not even 1600x900 fits it properly.  I had to use NVidia’s video driver to manually size the resolution to 1824x1034. It looks okay, but it’s not the greatest. It seems to look better on my 19" monitor at 1600x900 then with this resolution and display. If you can assist me with this problem, that would be greatly appreciated.

My video card is the NVidia GTS 250 1GB.

• buy a real monitor and not a tv you piece of shit

• I have a real monitor as well, I wanted the t.v so I can replace a piece of shit 40" t.v that is overly big because, projection t.v

• Stop being a furry/anime fag, then it will work.

• @Rover:

Stop being a furry/anime fag, then it will work.

oh you.

Not a furfag, sorry.

• 短い作品です。エッセイを含む要素の数、構成することができます:文芸批評を、政治的マニフェストを、引数、日常生活、思い出の観測を学び、著者の反射。エッセイの定義はあいまいで、これらの資料の短い物語と重複している。ほとんどすべての近代的なエッセイは、散文で書かれているが、詩の作品は(とエッセイ男に批判のアレクサンダーポープのエッセイなどエッセイと呼ばれている)。正式が簡潔の通常定義されて大部分のエッセイは、エッセイに膨大なの作品をエッセイは、に関する重要人間の理解とのようなジョンだロックはマ

• How do you have it connected? VGA, DVI, HDMI?

Make/model of the TV would also be useful.

• This is a short film. The number of elements, including essays, you can configure: literary criticism, to manifest political argument, daily life, learn to observe memories, reflections of the author. Vague definition of the essay, short story and duplicate these materials. Almost all modern essays that are written in prose, poetry works (known as Essays and criticism essays man essays and Arekusandapopu). Most of the essays are generally of a brief formal definition essay essay enormous work, John is like a rock of human understanding and the importance of Ma

• use auto fit on the monitor

Oh don’t tell me you bought a plasma TV?

• I highly doubt a 24" 1080p TV would be a plasma.

• Oh it was 24"

• most TVs have view options where it zooms/crops/etc like TheatreWide 1:4 etc etc for example so the black cutoff boxes from movies are not shown when you select one option

• The make of the T.v is  SEIKI with the model number of: LE-24G90

I have not found any auto-fit features with it, I can change the aspect ratio of it from 16:9 to 4:3 and that’s about it. I have it connected to my video card through the HDMI port. If I disconnect my Cintiq, and switch the wires around, I can plug it in through the VGA port. I doubt this would do anything for it though. It’s not a plasma T.v, it’s a LED T.v apparently.

(On the box)

SEIKI ULTRA-SLIM LED TELEVISION
    24" LED FULL HD.
    16:9 Aspect ratio
    1920x1080 Resolution
    LED Backlight
    Sensor Touch Button
    HDMI 1.3 Interface

• What is its contrast ratio?

• LED Television

Enjoy your overpriced LCD TV without a real Backlighting.

• Im using a sony bravia as my screen and its pretty cool

• Sounds like It’s an overscan problem:

NVidia Control Panel
    Display section (NView?)
    Advanced Settings

It’s somewhere there. It’s a new card so you don’t have to download a tool for it.

• @Samuel:

Enjoy your overpriced LCD TV without a real Backlighting.

I only paid $300 for it + 2 year protection plan.

Benjy, I get:
    Change Resolution
    Adjust Desktop color settings
    Adjust desktop size and position
    Rotate dispaly
    view HDCP status
    Set up multiple displays

Earlier, I went to “Adjust Desktop size and position” From there, I selected the display I wanted to change, and clicked on “Resize Desktop” I then have to proceed to drag sliders to align the edges of the screen with my T.v. That’s how I manged to set the resolution to: 1824x1034

• View HDCP status Wrong, I was doing it (poorly) from memory. I have an ATi card and is extremely easy to do it here.

Try finding a “full-pixel” option from your TV. On a Sony, this would be located at:

Settings / Set-up / Screen settings / Display Area

Users

Topics