Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Suggestion: Turn ttt_karma_strict 1 off.

• The latest Garrysmod update just came out, and it came with a major TTT update.

[TTT] Added kill attribution for pushing players into deadly traps and such.
    [TTT] Added scope texture for rifle.
    [TTT] Added ttt_karma_strict (defaults on), damage penalty increases quicker.
    [TTT] Added ttt_voice_drain (defaults off), experimental battery meter for voicechat.
    [TTT] Changed C4 beep frequency to depend on how much time it has remaining.
    [TTT] Fixed Magneto-stick not respecting FVPHYSICS_NO_PLAYER_PICKUP flag.
    [TTT] Fixed exploit letting you throw players who stand on a prop you carry.
    [TTT] Fixed DNA sample disappearing when the originating corpse was removed.

I suggest that we disable ttt_karma_strict, as in it’s current form, you gain 30 karma per round if you go an entire round without hurting a single innocent in any way whatsoever. Even players who do their best to not RDM kill an innocent once in a while, as it’s really part of the game, and you lose major karma points for accidentally hurting an innocent. So if you’re taking out a traitor and you accidentally lay a single mac 10 shot on an innocent, you lose a lot of karma points. Nobody wants to go multiple rounds not shooting anything at all to get their karma back up. For example, if you’re at 700 karma, you have to go ten whole rounds without shooting anything to get 300 karma back… It results in being a huge nuisance in terms of how much time you have to spend, and it also results in karma making the game and it’s fairness worse, as some players will deal much more damage than those with slightly lower karma.

Turning ttt_karma_strict 1 off, however, would fix that. It makes karma regenerate somewhat faster (I am unsure of the exact value), and keep in mind that you still get a bigger karma bonus if you go a round without hurting those of your team. It makes the game funner to play for everyone, and the karma system (not to mention that people will be trying to kill you if you’re an “rdmer”) will still encourage people to be careful who they shoot.

• The latest Garrysmod update just came out, and it came with a major TTT update.

[TTT] Added kill attribution for pushing players into deadly traps and such.
    [TTT] Added scope texture for rifle.
    [TTT] Added ttt_karma_strict (defaults on), damage penalty increases quicker.
    [TTT] Added ttt_voice_drain (defaults off), experimental battery meter for voicechat.
    [TTT] Changed C4 beep frequency to depend on how much time it has remaining.
    [TTT] Fixed Magneto-stick not respecting FVPHYSICS_NO_PLAYER_PICKUP flag.
    [TTT] Fixed exploit letting you throw players who stand on a prop you carry.
    [TTT] Fixed DNA sample disappearing when the originating corpse was removed.

I suggest that we disable ttt_karma_strict, as in it’s current form, you gain 30 karma per round if you go an entire round without hurting a single innocent in any way whatsoever. Even players who do their best to not RDM kill an innocent once in a while, as it’s really part of the game, and you lose major karma points for accidentally hurting an innocent. So if you’re taking out a traitor and you accidentally lay a single mac 10 shot on an innocent, you lose a lot of karma points. Nobody wants to go multiple rounds not shooting anything at all to get their karma back up. For example, if you’re at 700 karma, you have to go ten whole rounds without shooting anything to get 300 karma back… It results in being a huge nuisance in terms of how much time you have to spend, and it also results in karma making the game and it’s fairness worse, as some players will deal much more damage than those with slightly lower karma.

Turning ttt_karma_strict 1 off, however, would fix that. It makes karma regenerate somewhat faster (I am unsure of the exact value), and keep in mind that you still get a bigger karma bonus if you go a round without hurting those of your team. It makes the game funner to play for everyone, and the karma system (not to mention that people will be trying to kill you if you’re an “rdmer”) will still encourage people to be careful who they shoot.

• I don’t even use the original karma formula.

• On the bright side you could achieve 0 karma much faster.

• Achieved 0 karma before, not worth it. No way to kill children using mics, except for knives and explosions.

• About 6 headshots with the HUGE will kill pretty much anyone even with the 90% damage reduction.

• @JetBoom:

I don’t even use the original karma formula.

In that case, I still think a faster karma regeneration would be nice. Getting 30 out of one thousand karma back every round of not hurting a single innocent is just way too slow.

• Don’t lose karma if you can’t deal with the minor consequences.

• It’s barely “minor”, as it still completely affects combat and balance in the game in an unnecessary way.

• Then don’t shoot innocents.

• @Leaf:

It’s barely “minor”, as it still completely affects combat and balance in the game in an unnecessary way.

Oh no I can’t instakill people anymore and have to rely on my brain :umad:

• I have to agree with OP.

I think the karma system was very fair, and quite strict before.
    This new one seems like it might actually interfere with game play if what OP said is true, instead of help keep it focused.

I know for a fact I have not killed traitors due to low karma with the old system, not wanting to fall too low – this might make that worse.
    I can also say that I have experienced a similar problem; killing a traitor but accidentally firing a round or two of shotgun or mac10 ammo into an innocent, and actually losing karma at wave end.

• panda, did you even bother reading all the posts, especially JetBoom’s post?

• @Leaf:

In that case, I still think a faster karma regeneration would be nice. Getting 30 out of one thousand karma back every round of not hurting a single innocent is just way too slow.

Killing the opposite team also awards you karma, so you can simply be good at the game and you’ll never have to worry about it to begin with.  If your karma is too low to damage them you can grind your way up using a knife or explosives.  There’s multiple ways to go about it.  Above all, don’t randomly kill people for looking at you wrong.  100 karma points an innocent (assuming they’re at 1000) isn’t the best thing to deal with especially when you get attacked by three others then start shooting them in defense.  As an innocent, give people the benefit of the doubt and keep your distance so that traitors have more of a chance to miss with their first shot.  As a traitor, don’t waste your time playing mind games or trying to fool the innocents into thinking you’re one of them.  Find someone alone, knife them, then proceed to kill any individuals you find without second thought.  Don’t hesitate to shoot someone if you see more than one of them.  You can usually take on two to three people depending on what weapons they’re using and what their HP is.

• Mostly what justice said is pretty much a sound strategy for ttt.  Knives however should be saved more for detectives, as their body armor can be a slight annoyance at times.  Also knifing a detective in the middle of a group can sometimes cause wonderful chaos, as innocents shoot one another in panic, if you do it well that is.

• I was reading what you wrote Justice, but then I noticed you were a furry

• your loss lmao

• Banned

@pandafallout:

I was reading what you wrote Justice, but then I noticed you were a furry

The irony.

Users

Topics